South Africa in Pakistan - 2007

Good news for Pakistani fans

Yousuf may quit ICL, be back for Tests

Wednesday, September 26, 2007
By our correspondent

KARACHI: Pakistan’s premier batsman Mohammad Yousuf is expected to announce his decision to quit the Indian Cricket League (ICL) after a meeting with the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Nasim Ashraf in Lahore tomorrow.

Sources told ‘The News’ that Yousuf has “almost made up his mind” to cancel his contract with the rebel ICL but much will depend on how his meeting goes with the PCB chief.

The meeting was earlier scheduled to be held today (Wednesday) but has to be rescheduled as Ashraf is currently in Johannesburg where he went to the watch the World Twenty20 final between Pakistan and India. He is scheduled to return home today.

Yousuf caused a storm earlier this summer when he joined the ICL after being snubbed by Pakistan while selecting their World Twenty20 squad. Three other Pakistani cricketers — former captain Inzamam-ul-Haq, all-rounder Abdul Razzaq and opener Imran Farhat — also joined the ICL.

http://thenews.jang.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=73576

Yousuf is just greedy for money, He is a great player, but He is not a example I should look up to, I mean I'd play for my country for free, even if I get a offer of 50 million Swedish Krons to play for ICL. But ofcorse :p Free is a lil' too less.. lol

But buddy, the guy has to live. Any person needs money to live. I don't blame him. The PCB handled him wrong and he took the opportunity.

well I heard that they don't got paid a lot in the pakistan League
and some players have to walk to training just to save up money so thats why they join the ICL

well we can all subtract Afridi from our Squads since hes not playing in tests, which to me is kinda ridiculous. i kno the reason is ramadan and he has the right to do so but dude every other player except one on that team is probably fasting.

well we can all subtract Afridi from our Squads since hes not playing in tests, which to me is kinda ridiculous. i kno the reason is ramadan and he has the right to do so but dude every other player except one on that team is probably fasting.

The team might be fasting, but Afridi wants to fast with praying all his salats, and doing everything that a muslim is suppose to do during the day.. It's just not all about staying away from food.

Pakistan according to me, should do well in this series. Malik's captaincy has impressed me a lot and Yousuf coming back should boost the team heavily. With Asif bowling as good as only he can and Pakistan having a good attack to back him up, I can see Pakistan winning this series.

i agree with sai but only if pakistan had shoaib akhtar back in the squad this would strenghthen our bowling attack and with his experience we could do well... but i have full faith in Asif leading the bowling attack with Gul and Tanvir.

Users who are viewing this thread