South Africa in Pakistan - 2007

thats the thing,
he only needs half a match to win you the match

against south africa even though he played for only 1 innings he won us that match with his 4 wicket haul

and we all know shoaib has a very good record against south africa so he should be played against them no matter what

Right. I'm sure Asif and Inzamam had nothing to do with winning that Test. Also, why should Shoaib play no matter what? Does it not matter to you that he hit Asif with a bat?

Yeah, but when I posted that link I already knew that Morkel was injured, so Pollock is back in contention. Morkel will have tomorrow a fitness test, but I would still favour Pollock above Morkel, whether he is fit or not.

And Pakistan are expected to play with two spinners with Kaneria and Rehman.

Right. I'm sure Asif and Inzamam had nothing to do with winning that Test. Also, why should Shoaib play no matter what? Does it not matter to you that he hit Asif with a bat?
theres 2 sides to a coin
and afridi has a long history of fighting with team mates.
asif is also not what he seems and has been known to get up himself this last few months

Surprise, surprise. Mohammad Yousuf isn't playing for Pakistan.

wow that is a suprise, Faisal Iqbal in for Yousuf and Rehamn gets his 1st test cap. this should be a good series.

I wish we got this as well. We don;t get this OR the Aussie SL games. BORING!

SA off to a good start.

What an absolute joke the PCB are. Seriously. Even you Pakistan fans must see it now. Fair play Yousuf sodded off to ICL and that probably wasn't the best decision, but he has a family to feed and children to provide something for later in life, inheritance. He was abused for years by the board over his religion and despite him even going to the lengths of changing to islam. He is still hounded and treated like dirt by the PCB. He really should just tell them where to go.

I wish we got this as well. We don;t get this OR the Aussie SL games. BORING!

SA off to a good start.
To be honest I don't expect an exciting game. It's a typical flat track and South Africa are yet to abuse it.

Wow, what a day for SA. They're already winning this. What the hell were we thinking going in with 2 seamers and 4 Spinners!

yea i have never really been a fan of only 2 seamers in the lineup. if one gets hurt than you have to go with only one for the rest of the match.

could be just what akmal needs to get his batting form for the rest of the season

every test match is in the sub continent anyway

yea i have never really been a fan of only 2 seamers in the lineup. if one gets hurt than you have to go with only one for the rest of the match.
That is a very good reason to have 3 pacemen, but don't be too intimidated by the score. Pakistan know as well as anyone how conditions work and although it's not common that the away side starts so well, it is common for teams to post over 400 on these grounds. It's also amazingly uncommon for Pakistan to lose at Karachi. The bowlers did well in some areas, because a solid platform in these conditions allows for the lower order to attack like they might at the end of an ODI, scoring 50 in as little as 5 overs.

The big question is whether Pakistan can do the job without Inzamam or Yousuf. AB De Villiers showed what can be done on this pitch and it is up to Pakistan to show that more than one guy can score big and fast.

hope the pcb recalls yousuf,afridi and akhtar for the next match.

afridi would have made a big difference in the bowling and also akhtar would have made a big difference too.

they should tell afridi that the rest of the team is muslim too and if they can fast and play then why cant he,
he has a contract with them and he should do his job

Users who are viewing this thread