Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Drawn series

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Nice to see Rudolph in the runs, but I hear that Gibbs was clean bowled again; he is really out of form and he seems to be struggling a lot at the moment.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
AB De Villiers said:
" I've seen him [Murali] crumble under pressure. I've seen batsmen taking him on going for like 80 in ten overs and they take him off." AB de Villiers seems to have seen what nobody else has even imagined

Interesting view point from AB. Hopefully someone makes him realise Murali doesn't do that in Sri Lanka.

irottev

School Cricketer
SA will probably win. They are a good test side.

I hope Sri Lanka win though. I like the Sri Lankans.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
irottev said:
SA will probably win. They are a good test side.

I hope Sri Lanka win though. I like the Sri Lankans.

Sri Lanka are my favourites becuase of the pitches they make for Murali make it near impossible to win. Is he back after seeing his family though?

irottev

School Cricketer
Well, it should be even I guess, the Murili factor is a big one. Just my prediction on recent performances.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah i'm predicting Murali to dominate the series, and Bandara may also get a go. South Africa have too many good players to write them off though.

Nightwatchman

School Cricketer
Sri Lanka have shown that on our day at home, we are close to unbeatable, and even the aussies find it tough going. Obviously the humid climate helps us in most cases as well.
SA not having Smith is a big plus for us, as he can take the game from us in a flash. I said in a previous topic that i do hope that whereas Prince's appointment as captain was made for cricketing reasons, not ethical, otherwise SA would find themselves being led by someone who doesnt have a clue, and it could lead to rifts in the dressing room.
My theory (like it or not) for the SL playing just 2 test series at home, is because we arent a particularly strong test team, as the rankings suggest, and i think the SL board are scared of arranging like say a 3 or 4 match series, and we could loose all of them, and thus slip even further down the rankings.
I think that at this moment in time, it is important for us to play more ODIs, as,in the rankings we are about 6th think. The reason of course for our fall was that atrocious ODI series in India. We are a better team than 5th - the England series proved that, and we should try to reclaim 2nd place.
Only then I can i say to try to climb up the Test Rankings, but i dare say, we are improving in that area as well, however something tells me that our improvement will stop when Murali does.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Murali- 83 wickets from 12 tests against the Proteas.
This may be his last series against South Africa and i can see him edge closer to the 100 wickets in 14 tests.

I also agree with Nightwatchman,Lanka is tough to beat at home.
Their recent surge of form can be dangerous when combined with Jayasuriya's magnificent return.The ODI's would be a keenly contested contest,I feel.

Helpman

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Prince is the current captain for Western Province (now Cape Cobras) so he has had experience captaining big players ie Smith, Kallis, Gibbs, Niel Johnson who all play(played) for the Cobras.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
151/7
Noje gone.
Hope AB stays.I think South Africa should be able to post atleast 230.
Hope for the best.

tottey_25

School Cricketer
169 all out for SA. Sri lanka in reply hit 128-2 with Sangakarra going particularly nicely in his 59 which had 10 fours. This scorecard is actually quite similar to the Eng - Pak test that started todya as well

macho212

Twenty20 World Cup 2007 FC winner
SL is going to own the tri series!

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
South Africa need something special from their bowlers now; that was a dreadful bowling performance.

Users who are viewing this thread