South Africa Team Discussion

I've never understood this "reverse-racism" policy from CSA. What is it all about?
And btw, is there a good pace-bowling all-rounder in the south african domestic circuit? One that could make it to the national team?

Effectively the quota system (reverse-racism) is the lazy way of developing cricket in black areas. Instead of the government improving cricket standards at schools and building fields and such they just make rules which force undeveloped black kids to take spots in a team because of their colour. For instance when I played in a regional tournament you have to have 12 of the 24 players black or a shade lighter which meant that the Gauteng side had 4 players who batted 8-11 and didnt bowl but were there because of colour. This becomes a problem at professional cricket because you get black players coming from high quality schools walking into franchise teams and averaging under 20 which means that guys like Bavuma are forced into the national team as they are the only half decent players resulting in 1000s of players (black and white) not reaching their potential and play as half baked cricketers (sorry I hate quota a lot so I rant about it).

Andrew Birch, Ryan McLaren (should be in the side) , Werner Coetsee, Albie Morkel (Too good for South Africa) are all decent and theres also Morris, Harmer who could make the national team. Just because I was interested I made a list of players with better ability or potential then Bavuma:

Dane Vilas
Stephen Cook
Andrew Puttick
Colin Ingram
Heino Kuhn
Rassie van der Dussen
Theunis de Bruyn
Rilee Roussow
Morne van Wyk
Stiaan van Zyl (he has to open for the test side)
Albie Morkel
Ryan McLaren

But hey, none of my business...

Instead of the government improving cricket standards at schools and building fields and such they just make rules which force undeveloped black kids to take spots in a team because of their colour.
That sounds like a stupid policy if there ever was one. Is this implemented in other sports too? And what do black cricket fans think about this?

Surely after that Knock Amla has to play in the worldt20,surely Roussow has to go, and the team be

QDK (wk)
Amla
AB
Faf
Miller
JP
Wiese
MOrris
Steyn
Rabada
Tahir

Agreed. All 3 of amla,ab and qdk have to play much better players then rr,behardien or duminy. JP keeps his spot more on hope that he refinds his form in india and because the other 2 have been as bad or even worse then him.

While it wasn't nice to lose the series vs aus I think we should answered a few questions about what the best lineup is.

Surely after that Knock Amla has to play in the worldt20,surely Roussow has to go, and the team be

QDK (wk)
Amla
AB
Faf
Miller
JP
Wiese
MOrris
Steyn
Rabada
Tahir

This. But SA like messing things up so I'll say Behardein will play, not de Kock.

Ideal Team vs England
  1. De Kock :wkb:
  2. Amla :bat:
  3. Du Plessis :bat:
  4. De Villiers :bat:
  5. Miller :bat:
  6. Duminy :ar: (they won't drop him)
  7. Morrison :ar:
  8. Wiese :ar:
  9. Steyn :bwl:
  10. Rabada :bwl:
  11. Tahir :bwl:

Kepler Wessels: 'Nobody in domestic cricket right now can replace Amla and de Villiers' | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Isn't this obvious from Kepler Wessels? Amla and AB are such good players at this point that you would not find a player like them even in international cricket. That said, I have seen plenty of discussions going on for the allrounder's spot in the team. Names of Behardein (pardon my spelling), Parnell and even Morris for that spot has been thrown in while SA selectors seem to be hell bent on ignoring McLaren. Now, my question is when you can give chances to people like Parnell, Behardein and Morris who are no way good enough to be called genuine allrounders, like say Albie Morkel or the good ol' Lance Klusener what are your thoughts on Dwaine Pretorius and Bjorn Fortuin? They are fairly young into their careers but they have shown signs of top skill and talent. Also, how long till when the selectors acknowledge Viljoen's talent? Birch is another good bowler but now he is 30 and might not make the cut. I do not want Viljoen to be wasted the same way.

Meet the talented batsmen going on the SA training camp: Smangaliso Nhlebela. I would post the link to the other batsmen but he doesn't have a cricinfo page... Sometimes all you can do is laugh...

Kepler Wessels: 'Nobody in domestic cricket right now can replace Amla and de Villiers' | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Isn't this obvious from Kepler Wessels? Amla and AB are such good players at this point that you would not find a player like them even in international cricket. That said, I have seen plenty of discussions going on for the allrounder's spot in the team. Names of Behardein (pardon my spelling), Parnell and even Morris for that spot has been thrown in while SA selectors seem to be hell bent on ignoring McLaren. Now, my question is when you can give chances to people like Parnell, Behardein and Morris who are no way good enough to be called genuine allrounders, like say Albie Morkel or the good ol' Lance Klusener what are your thoughts on Dwaine Pretorius and Bjorn Fortuin? They are fairly young into their careers but they have shown signs of top skill and talent. Also, how long till when the selectors acknowledge Viljoen's talent? Birch is another good bowler but now he is 30 and might not make the cut. I do not want Viljoen to be wasted the same way.

Not seen bjorn fortuin play so can't comment on him. On Pretorius I like him but I am not sure that his bowling would be up to international standard given the pace he bowls at. He has had a very good season so deserves at least a chance in the a team thought.

August 2, 2016:

The following 15-man squad has been selected for the two home tests against New Zealand:

Faf-du-Plessis-stands-with-Amla-160104-G80.jpg
Faf du Plessis (capt) - Multiple Titans
Kyle-Abott-appeals-151227-G80.jpg
Kyle Abbott - Sunfoil Dolphins
Hashim-Amla-lifts-bat-4th-200-160105-AI80.jpg
Hashim Amla (vice-capt) - Cape Cobras
Temba-Bavuma-celebrates-maiden-ton-160105-G80.jpg
Temba Bavuma - bizhub Highveld Lions
Stephen-Cook-lifts-bat-maiden-ton-160122-G80.jpg
Stephen Cook - bizhub Highveld Lions
Quinton-de-Kock-pulls-160123-G80.jpg
Quinton de Kock - The Multiple Titans
JP-Duminy-hugs-mates-150730-G80.jpg
JP Duminy - Cape Cobras
Dean-Elgar-plays-to-leg-160114-G80.jpg
Dean Elgar - Multiply Titans
Chris-Morris-bats-runs-160114-G80.jpg
Chris Morris - Multiple Titans
Wayne-Parnell-leaves-field-140205-G80.jpg
Wayne Parnell - Cape Cobras
Vernon-Philander-celebrates-140725-G80.jpg
Vernon Philander - Cape Cobras
Dane-Piedt-celebrates-160106-G80.jpg
Dane Piedt - Cape Cobras
Kagiso-Rabada-jumps-160116-G80.jpg
Kagiso Rabada - bizhub Highveld Lions
Dale-Steyn-celebrates-Cook-151226-G80.jpg
Dale Steyn - Cape Cobras
Stiaan-van-Zyl-celebrates-151229-G80.jpg
Stiaan van Zyl - Cape Cobras

What on Earth, Philander, Parnell, Duminy and Van Zyl? These selections always give me a headache...

August 2, 2016:

The following 15-man squad has been selected for the two home tests against New Zealand:

Faf-du-Plessis-stands-with-Amla-160104-G80.jpg
Faf du Plessis (capt) - Multiple Titans
Kyle-Abott-appeals-151227-G80.jpg
Kyle Abbott - Sunfoil Dolphins
Hashim-Amla-lifts-bat-4th-200-160105-AI80.jpg
Hashim Amla (vice-capt) - Cape Cobras
Temba-Bavuma-celebrates-maiden-ton-160105-G80.jpg
Temba Bavuma - bizhub Highveld Lions
Stephen-Cook-lifts-bat-maiden-ton-160122-G80.jpg
Stephen Cook - bizhub Highveld Lions
Quinton-de-Kock-pulls-160123-G80.jpg
Quinton de Kock - The Multiple Titans