South Africa's tour of India - October/December 2015

stefan

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well done India played much better then us.

With hindsight its very clear that it was a big big mistake to play 5 bowlers. We need the extra batsman in these conditions. So they need to make a decision for the next game whether they want the extra spinner or the extra pacer but 7 batsmen need to play, different scenario if vilas was a star batsman/keeper but he isn't.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
On the subject of this test match-

I am one of Ashwin's harshest critics and I have never liked him at all, but I really feel he's the best spinner in the world. I don't like the taste of humble pie but he's made me eat my words. His attitude still leaves plenty to be desired. Very arrogant chap.

when Herath retires maybe.

both teams need an extra batsman if the conditions are like this in the next test, I suppose if nothing else at least SAF have less of a selection headache, all three of india's spinners have been very good but one of them would need to go. (I suppose not really, of the three, Mishra would be the obvious choice)

PokerAce

Banned
I think Herath is past it. The real competition to Ashwin comes from Yasir Shah. One is a leggie and the other an Offie. Those two at the top in tests definitely.

Pakistan have a few more quality spinners, and India will definitely say Mishra belongs right up there along with Tahir and the much improves Lyon. After is performance here who is to argue with Sir.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Because of too much of T20 and ODI, Batsman forgot how to bat on test or pitch is terrible for batsman?...
i thing positive from test is India wins...

PokerAce

Banned
I think this was an interesting test match. Its not often that a side will dominate day 1, and then lose inside three days.

Also I think the result is a little bit deceptive. If SA had batted first and India were batting 4th here, then the result would most likely have been SA winning.

So despite a seemingly easy win for India, there is a lot that doesn't quite meet the eye.

India must enjoy the victory, but when the second test starts, they must remember that.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Finally a lead for us in this tour, yet 3 more to go! Ashwin and Jadeja's 5-fers won it for us.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Good to see South Africa doing what it does best. I feel Steyn cant be our strike bowler anymore. If India continue to create dust bowls then we might as well drop Philander/Rabada/Steyn and bring in Leie. Piedt is the same bowler as Harmer and we need an attacking spinner for these pitches. I have a feeling Stephen Cook would of helped our team...

stefan

International Coach
I think Herath is past it. The real competition to Ashwin comes from Yasir Shah. One is a leggie and the other an Offie. Those two at the top in tests definitely.

Pakistan have a few more quality spinners, and India will definitely say Mishra belongs right up there along with Tahir and the much improves Lyon. After is performance here who is to argue with Sir.

I am a big Imran fan but he needs do a lot more in test cricket then the odd good test in asia to be considered world class in test cricket. T20 and odi sure.

Good to see South Africa doing what it does best. I feel Steyn cant be our strike bowler anymore. If India continue to create dust bowls then we might as well drop Philander/Rabada/Steyn and bring in Leie. Piedt is the same bowler as Harmer and we need an attacking spinner for these pitches. I have a feeling Stephen Cook would of helped our team...

Seriously writing Steyn of after one innings? Haven't Steyn over the years he usually takes his time getting into top form in a series. Way too soon writing him, he is atg and will prove it again in this series fitness providing.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I'm all for these "doctored" dust bowls, but I'd find those just as boring as a road if every game in the series is played on them, maybe look to go 2-0 up and then a return to what we are used to from Indian pitches would be nice, you know... those 5 day pitches. :rolleyes

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I am a big Imran fan but he needs do a lot more in test cricket then the odd good test in asia to be considered world class in test cricket. T20 and odi sure.

Seriously writing Steyn of after one innings? Haven't Steyn over the years he usually takes his time getting into top form in a series. Way too soon writing him, he is atg and will prove it again in this series fitness providing.

Im not writing Steyn off. I've said it for a while now that he has peaked and is starting to lose the plot. I feel he cant be in charge of our attack. He's still good enough to be in the side but he certainly isnt as good as he used to be.

I feel like you dont like Tahir. You have to understand the majority of his tests are in South Africa where he doesnt get any term and then becomes a medium pacer who drops a couple short. His average in the subcontinent is under 30 which is actually really good considering Smith used him as a holding spinner where he clearly isnt. Watch he will be our best bowler against India...

grkrama

National Board President
those 5 day pitches

this was easily a 5 day pitch at worst a 4 day last session one, at no point was the ball turning super square or uneven bounce etc, was just slow and a bit rough giving some turn, the batsman of both sides just made it into 3 days.

Most got out to slogs and soft dismissals missing straight ones, these used to be basics of facing spin some time ago.

PokerAce

Banned
Interesting Press Conference from Kohli -

Not one wicket lost of Pitch misbehaving, not one batsman got out to a ball suddenly jumping off the pitch and hitting the glove, or a ball keeping low. Most batsmen just got out to straight balls, either leaving them or edging them. Also that pitches in India are of a certain type/nature and people need to accept that. One can't replicate the bounce that exists in SA or Aus, or the Swing that exists in England. If those kind of pitches are tried, then they just become flat pitches and don't provide a result. To keep test cricket alive, pitches should be the type to provide results, regardless of whether they assist seam or spin.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
this was easily a 5 day pitch at worst a 4 day last session one, at no point was the ball turning super square or uneven bounce etc, was just slow and a bit rough giving some turn, the batsman of both sides just made it into 3 days.

Most got out to slogs and soft dismissals missing straight ones, these used to be basics of facing spin some time ago.
Say what you want, but both sides' batters didn't have a good going of it and whether it was just psychological and they were playing for turn, thus getting out to straight ones... it was happening because the ball was turning on day 1 session 1 and the odd one turning is always harder to deal with than 6/6 deliveries turning.

Again, there's nothing wrong with turn on day 1 session 1, I just like to see some variety whether that's pacers getting involved with reverse swing with the older ball or just a "batting day" where the batsmen get on top, we did have batting sessions here and there where batsmen seemed to slightly get on top, but session 2 of every day was collapse galore.

Users who are viewing this thread