ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It hurts losing to Bangladesh as I see them as one of Zimbabwe's biggest rivals. It also hurts because 2 players who could've made a positive impact in this series in Williams & Utseya are either unavailable or left out :noway

Radical

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Oh Shakib! You have done it again, slapping on BCB's face and your haters. Congrats for the great achievement of scoring a century and taking ten wickets in the same match and sitting besides the greats like Botham and Imran. You are the only player playing today who has scored a century and took five wickets more than once in test cricket. Still some 'dumb a**es' will question your ability because of the country you are from. No matter after you retire we'll see your records and it will speak for itself even if you played half number of matches compared to the top eight nations.

Congrats to Bangladesh for the series win. Congrats to Masakadza, Chakava, Waller, Mahmudullah, Tamim and Taijul for great performance.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Still some 'dumb a**es' will question your ability because of the country you are from

I believe its the attitude and not the ability which is usually questioned :) And has absolutely nothing to do with his country but has to do with the countries he performs against.

Radical

Club Captain
I believe its the attitude and not the ability which is usually questioned :) And has absolutely nothing to do with his country but has to do with the countries he performs against.
Can you please enlighten me about his attitude problem? And about his performance, I just want to give you an example: In tests he has taken five wickets 14 times. His first five wicket haul against Zimbabwe came only on first test of this series. He has taken five wickets 11 times against top 7 nations except Australia whom he never played against. So your given reason is absolutely bogus nothing else.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
LOL why are you getting so antsy ? I dint even say anything major against Shakib. Relax

And attitude problem is fairly visible from the number of times he has been reprimanded by BCB for incorrect behaviour. Not to forget, he is just coming off a reduced ban for behavioral issues.

Shakib is by far the best BD player in a while, no doubts about that.

Radical

Club Captain
LoL, I am getting antsy, am I? I remember you defending the 'haters'. I've never quoted you.

About his ban, as a Bangladeshi I know what were the true reasons behind his ban. I feel ashamed that we have a board president like 'Papon' (Nazmul Hassan) who knows nothing about cricket. BCB said he is banned because 1. He broke rules when he left the dressing room for defending his wife against some 'teasers.' 2. Telling coach that he'll play CPL instead of attending training camp for WI tour and he plays for BD for the money and wont play if he (Shakib) wishes. 3. Failing to obtain the correct piece of paperwork to play in the CPL.

Papon also said some funny things like "He has a severe attitude problem, which is unprecedented in the history of Bangladeshi cricket." "Some of the allegations were so inhuman we were in awe as to how a player can commit these crimes." "If this continues, our future will be destroyed." But he won't say which are these allegations or he can't because there isn't any.

I'll start from the last allegation 'CPL paperwork.' This allegation doesn't apply because he never reached the Caribbean. He went for Caribbean hearing assurance from head of board operations committee Akram Khan which is normal thing in BD. Even Tamim went to England with him for playing in the MCC vs ROW match hearing the same assurance from Akram Khan who is his uncle also. But when Shakib heard he wont be getting permission, he returned from England. Akram told that to one of the TV channels but dropped his comments after some days.

His talking with coach is absolutely personal telephone talk and we never heard his part of the truth but Shakib said later when he came back to BD that he can't think about not playing for BD for a moment. Nevertheless coach Hathurusingha e-mailed BCB about this incident and it got leaked by Papon. Can you believe that, a personal e-mail got leaked by the board president?

Most controversial is the first allegation. Yes he broke the rules by leaving dressing room during the match break. But you have to understand on which circumstances did he leave? But not Papon. He had an agenda. The guy who teased and physically harassed Shakib's wife is the son of Papon's one of the best friend's who happened to be a senior member of one of the biggest cricket club of our country. I have proof of that. The thing is Shakib didn't want to drop the police case. So Papon had to take some actions. Otherwise why some of the board members (one of them happens to be Khaled Mahmud who was a former captain) had to go to some political talk shows to defend that decision? Although they can't tell on which rule they gave him this punishment!

Do you really think the above allegations can be a reason to ban your best player for 6 months? Papon and the board members even thought about giving him a lifetime ban for these allegations! He is still banned from playing outside of the country. So he didn't play in the CPL, Champions League and he wont be playing in the next IPL. Why is this ban? Can you imagine Jesse Ryder being banned from playing international leagues? Sunil Narine didn't play for WI in tests because of IPL. Can you imagine what will happen if Shakib does that?

Most of the Shakib haters of our country supports the teasing of Shakib's wife because she is petty, before marriage with Shakib when she was in US she attended parties and wore foreign clothes (it doesn't matter that she is wearing traditional clothes now), Shakib brings his wife wherever he goes. Shame! Shame!! Shame!!!

10464182_4331420980204_5897905165306417373_n.jpg

Warning: The above pic is only for Shakib haters and Papon & Co. lovers. So others please avoid it.

Last edited:

1iram1

Club Captain
Tbh the Shakib thing is getting blown out of proportion. Yes he deserved a ban for the obscene gesture during the Sri Lanka series (for which he was banned 3 games) but other than that we never really got a clear reason as to why he was banned for 6 months.

This was another good test, impressed by the spinners from both sides.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Well FML ! Zimbabwe why you do this ??

1iram1

Club Captain
Going through the highlights, does Waller's action look slightly iffy or is it just me?

Radical

Club Captain
Going through the highlights, does Waller's action look slightly iffy or is it just me?
Yes there is some bending and he got extra pace. But that bending could be between the allowed 15 degree limit. Let the umpires decide.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England

flake

County Cricketer
In other news Williams scores 100 and after 10 overs goes at 1.80 rpo. Burl takes a wicket and scores 68 not out ! These two need to go to BD for ODIs. Wallers batting is terrible. Burl isnt the nicest of guys but the guy can really play. Faaaaaar better than Waller in all departments. He's a great fielder too. Needs a bit of people politeness skills however.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
I still think that it's a bit too early to be sending Burl to Bangladesh, he's definitely got some talent though.

@flake Ha, I take it you've had a little bit of a run in with Burl then? :p

flake

County Cricketer
He just is a strange character. Quite arrogant and rude. Very strange lad. But as I said he is a top top player. Mangongo picks a rubbish team for today and look whats happening. I feel ODIs could be a whole nother story but Zim need to pick better teams. 3-0 is gonna be the Test results. Odi is gonna be a much tighter affair

Users who are viewing this thread