Zimbabwe's tour of Bangladesh - October/December 2014

Radical

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A great day for Bangladesh. It's the first double century opening partnership for BD and it's also the first time both openers scored a hundred. A great comeback for Imrul Kayes and congrats to Tamim for back to back centuries. It's the first ton on his home ground also.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I've heard decent things about Burl's character from the guys at Southampton Solent, so maybe a change of scene has done some good for him. Either way, he simply can't be a worse cricketer than Brian Chari.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Zimbabwe lost this 3rd test match before it had even started by picking this team :facepalm

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
I've heard decent things about Burl's character from the guys at Southampton Solent, so maybe a change of scene has done some good for him. Either way, he simply can't be a worse cricketer than Brian Chari.

Ouch! I'm a fan of Chari, as you can see from my avatar. You can tell he's worked hard on his batting, and I believe he can continue to improve. However if he fails to get a descent score on this pitch, I'll have to agree that he needs to go back to domestic cricket to work on his game.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
However if he fails to get a descent score on this pitch, I'll have to agree that he needs to go back to domestic cricket to work on his game.
Well, you said it :p

Both Hami & Raza showing how much of a road this wicket is.

flake

County Cricketer
Maybe the guys at Southampton Solent are right. Maybe he has changed. Haha I cant really see him changing but thats just me. Hopefully he performs well enough to get into the WC squad. Everyone to their own haha. Chari has no technique. Vusi is far far better but never does himself justice. Taylor needs a big score soon ! With Williams and Prosper back, add Vitori and Burl and we look like a team who could upset a few at the World Cup.

Aislabie

Ireland
Ouch! I'm a fan of Chari, as you can see from my avatar. You can tell he's worked hard on his batting, and I believe he can continue to improve. However if he fails to get a descent score on this pitch, I'll have to agree that he needs to go back to domestic cricket to work on his game.

I'd rather have seen a proven run-maker in the side for sure. Someone like a Vermeulen or a Forster Mutizwa.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Excellent performance from BD so far.

Should look declare with a lead of around 350-400 and 5 sessions to bowl Zim out in. Series is won, might as well go for the whitewash.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
I'd rather have seen a proven run-maker in the side for sure. Someone like a Vermeulen or a Forster Mutizwa.
Vermeulen has just announced his retirement. Forster Mutizwa isn't consistent enough. Peter Moor could be a future opener for Zimbabwe in my opinion. He's been called up for the ODI's, can't wait to see how he does.

Aislabie

Ireland
Vermeulen has just announced his retirement. Forster Mutizwa isn't consistent enough. Peter Moor could be a future opener for Zimbabwe in my opinion. He's been called up for the ODI's, can't wait to see how he does.

Ah, right, I'd missed the Vermeulen announcement - my bad. I disagree about Mutizwa, though - he's pretty much the only guy maintaining a 40+ FC average in Zimbabwean cricket.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
It's a Bangla-wash! Fully deserved series win for Bangladesh.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
This really has been a shambles of a tour for Zimbabwe. I can't see them winning a single match even after the Bangladesh coach admitting that changes will be made for the final two matches.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
It's a MEGA Bangla-wash!

@swirler @flake @Hombarume

Your thoughts on this dreadful tour?

Poor team selection, poor tactics, poor man management. Mangongo should be sacked, Zimbabwe needs someone with first hand cricketing experience in charge. I know it's not easy because of the money side of things but surely there is someone else out there better capable of managing this team than Mangongo.

Lets not take anything away from Bangladesh though, they were truly brilliant with both bat and ball. Heath Streak has worked wonders with their seamers. Taskin Ahmed (who didn't even feature) will grow into a top bowler under the guidance of Streak.

Users who are viewing this thread