Zimbabwe's tour of Bangladesh - October/December 2014

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
No Sean Williams in both squads. Seriously injured? perhaps?

He did say that he never wanted to return to Bangladesh after the BPL incident. But I think it is something more serious then that. :/[DOUBLEPOST=1413457401][/DOUBLEPOST]zimfan1 posting this over on ZCF:

Left out due to an argument with Mangongo, swore at him apparantly and was sent packing to Bulawayo before the others left for Triangle.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Williams is a BIG loss. He might have to score some big runs for the Tuskers if he is to play in the WC.

If Solomon Mire is picked then that will be interesting as I though ZIM didn't select players who are plying their trade outside of the country...Unless he has returned to play in the up coming franchise season??

Hombarume

School Cricketer
Without Williams the middle order is going to look a bit weak but based on the team at hand this would be my preferred XI, for just the first test match.
Vusi
Raza
Hamilton
Taylor
Ervine
Chigumbura/Waller
Mutumbami
Nyumbu
Chatara
Panyangara
W.Masakadza/M'shangwe

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
I think Sibanda's days as an opener are over, he should bat in the middle order IMO. I don't know a lot about this Chari guy but he's been in good nick recently so might be worth giving him a go at the top of the order.

Hombarume

School Cricketer
Yes Sibanda has been very disappointing of late and I do agree that he should be pushed down the order sooner rather than later, but that partnership he had with Masakadza at the top of the order might have bought him at least one more match as Zimbabwe's test opener.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
but that partnership he had with Masakadza at the top of the order might have bought him at least one more match as Zimbabwe's test opener.
Yes, very true.

Do you follow the domestic season? I'm assuming you're an Eagles supporter ;)

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Have a listen to what Steve Mangongo had to say concerning Sean Williams.
SM comes across as very un professional in the way that he speaks. I still think the whole dropping of Sean Williams thing could've been handled better.

Hombarume

School Cricketer
I couldn't agree better. If Williams was well and truly wrong he should have explained better. I like that he is "Strict Mangongo" but he should have just said Williams missed training and its unacceptable behavior.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Apparently Sean Williams went to visit a sick relative. Mangongo :facepalm

Radical

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Bangladesh should win this series. But this has been a very bad year for us. No win against any test playing nations, loosing too many matches from winning position, loosing against Afghanistan and Nepal who knows what more are coming? Poor form of some of the key players, Mushfiq's captaincy, cricket board's poor handling of players are hurting us badly. Hopefully some much needed changes in the test team and new captain in the shorter format will change the outcome of the game.

Besides there will be DRS introduced for the first time in our home series. No 'Hotspot' though.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
there will be DRS introduced for the first time in our home series. No 'Hotspot' though.
Thanks, I didn't know this :)

Zimbabwe struggling in the warm up match. Only Raza & Chari showing any sort of resistance so far.

Users who are viewing this thread