Spin Bowling Impression and questions..

If its regarding to career mode spin, my boy is a leggie who doesn't get huge turn but a decent turn based on my attributes. I am noticing a very good difference of my googly/drift/top spin in my second year compared to first year. So yeah, I would assume as you build your skills, better you would be.

Also in one of the matches, I was brought to bowl with new ball & my second spell around 60 overs - very much surprised to see that drift I was getting with new ball & 60 overs ball was totally different. Am going crazy with using regular leg breaks as odd ball while most of my deliveries are combo of flight/drift/top spin/slider.

I'd say there is either something wrong with your eyes or your T.V.;)

Its not me mate, thats how much it turns.

From reading your posts I think that you just dont know how to bowl in this game.

You say, you get no turn or drift with spin bowlers and also that you get no swing in pace and that your bouncers are always hit to the boundary etc.

The spin drift and spin is as I described it. If you arent getting it you need to practice more.

I dont bowl a lot of pace at all but I can consistently hit the batsmen with bouncers or have them ducking out of the way. It looks fast and lethal

Swing is massive, so much so that if you dont counteract it you get crazy wide deliveries. There is also some movement off the seam.

A nice pace over consisting of slamming the first ball into the batsmans head or body , then beating the outside edge twice with outswingers then crashing a full pitched in swinger or leg break into the stumps is both satisfying and reasonably common. (If the ball hitting the batsman injured him or reduced his confidence and the stumps actually got uprooted then it would be even better)

I have no idea what you are doing or what you are looking at but something is wrong.

Its not me mate, thats how much it turns.

From reading your posts I think that you just dont know how to bowl in this game.

You say, you get no turn or drift with spin bowlers and also that you get no swing in pace and that your bouncers are always hit to the boundary etc.

The spin drift and spin is as I described it. If you arent getting it you need to practice more.

I dont bowl a lot of pace at all but I can consistently hit the batsmen with bouncers or have them ducking out of the way. It looks fast and lethal

Swing is massive, so much so that if you dont counteract it you get crazy wide deliveries. There is also some movement off the seam.

A nice pace over consisting of slamming the first ball into the batsmans head or body , then beating the outside edge twice with outswingers then crashing a full pitched in swinger or leg break into the stumps is both satisfying and reasonably common. (If the ball hitting the batsman injured him or reduced his confidence and the stumps actually got uprooted then it would be even better)

I have no idea what you are doing or what you are looking at but something is wrong.

The controls aren't that difficult that I don't know how to use them.
Again, please show me a video of the ball swinging.
I have achieved wickets where I bowled, what I am told (+3 for inswing), was inswing, yet when I watched the replay the delivery appeared to be dead straight.
It appears not to be true swing, it's more like a spinner's arm ball that just continues on the angle that you bowl it from.
I have hit the batter with 90 mph bouncers but they just don't look like they are traveling at that speed.
I did actually see one of my off cutter deliveries move yesterday, but that is very rare.

Hi Big ant team,

Spinners should have these basics things:

Please add extra turn for the spinners.The spin cut for 5 star bowlers should be as follows:
Off spinner(extra spin clock angle) : after pitching 2 0 clock angle
armball : extra speed in the air and skid after pitching.

Leg spinners:
angle 10 o clock after pitching
flipper: speed and skid

all above reversed for the left handed bowlers

Hi Big ant team,

Spinners should have these basics things:

Please add extra turn for the spinners.The spin cut for 5 star bowlers should be as follows:
Off spinner(extra spin clock angle) : after pitching 2 0 clock angle
armball : extra speed in the air and skid after pitching.

Leg spinners:
angle 10 o clock after pitching
flipper: speed and skid

all above reversed for the left handed bowlers

I agree it would be good to see more turn, if the pitch was conducive to spin, ATM bowling spin on every type of pitch is like bowling on an English greentop (i have noticed a big difference in bounce from match to match which is good )but the problem is if more spin is implemented, they'll become unplayable both for the AI and human batters.

(If the ball hitting the batsman injured him or reduced his confidence and the stumps actually got uprooted then it would be even better)

I don't know about bowling to AI - I do know for absolute certain that when my career batsman gets hit, he takes a hit in confidence. I'd be very surprised if this doesn't occur to the AI batsmen too.

It's forcing me to try and learn to dodge the short ball against the genuine quicks early in their spells (because I often get hit trying to play a stroke)

Hey guys..

Firstly such a brilliant game.. Thank you Big Ant Studios!

Below are my impressions and questions. Feel free to comment or answer them:

1. Spin - Drift is brilliant. Really sets up the batsman.. It is very tough to bowl spin but I have chosen career as Bowling All rounder with the 16 year old being a wrist spinner. There was a moment where I changed the field and setup the batsman, beat him in the flight and he hit it straight to the fielder.. was a WOW moment!!!
2. I dont seem to get turn.. anybody else notice? Even with 1000 RPM with Shane Warne on a 5th Day turner - no spin at all. This holds good for pace, no seam movement really! Or am I missing something?
3. I am using inverted the controls. So can someone tell what are the controls once u invert? For eg. which is leg spin, etc.. I am not able to tell the difference much as the ball doesn't spin!!

Thought we should have a thread for spin alone as it seems the toughest part in the game!!! :-)

i wanted to bowl finger spin but i can't use the clockwise movement in LAS. I prefer anti clockwise which is in legspin

----------

My pure batsman. Career...

Pure batsman? How manh times you get to bowl actually? Needed to know it would help me

I think the spin has been done brilliantly. If I had to sit down after the cricket games from the past and design a system for the spin bowling to be unique, effective and to give a general 'feel' of bowling, I can't think of a better system. I urge new players who are wanting to focus on spin to LOOK AT THIS FORUM!!! To be honest, the manual and tutorial probably don't explain the feel needed to bowl and control the spin. You have to get into a rhythm and get used to timing the analogue sticks to impart revs(spin) on the ball, at the same time, releasing the ball and controlling the direction. MAYBE some extra turn could be added but I'm not sure if that's going to work with the game. It may make things to hard for the batsman.

Just some thoughts.

I think the spin has been done brilliantly. If I had to sit down after the cricket games from the past and design a system for the spin bowling to be unique, effective and to give a general 'feel' of bowling, I can't think of a better system. I urge new players who are wanting to focus on spin to LOOK AT THIS FORUM!!! To be honest, the manual and tutorial probably don't explain the feel needed to bowl and control the spin. You have to get into a rhythm and get used to timing the analogue sticks to impart revs(spin) on the ball, at the same time, releasing the ball and controlling the direction. MAYBE some extra turn could be added but I'm not sure if that's going to work with the game. It may make things to hard for the batsman.

Just some thoughts.

I agree that the spin bowling controls are very good, and I do manage to get plenty of revs on the ball, but I've never seen it turn a lot. Even when batting the AI spin bowlers aren't that scary.

To be honest I haven't faced the AI spin bowlers much. What I have noticed is that it encourages you to bowl to a plan, drift the ball, mix it up and setup the batsman rather than bowl wildly turning Shane Warne turners. I agree the ball doesn't spin much but it grips a lot and the physics are amazing. Sorry, I sound like a fanboy here haha. It does need to turn more.

Am I doing spin bowling wrong? I do an off spinner to RH batsman, rotate three times and push the RS as far left as possible and the ball spins past leg stump.

To be honest I haven't faced the AI spin bowlers much. What I have noticed is that it encourages you to bowl to a plan, drift the ball, mix it up and setup the batsman rather than bowl wildly turning Shane Warne turners. I agree the ball doesn't spin much but it grips a lot and the physics are amazing. Sorry, I sound like a fanboy here haha. It does need to turn more.

Speaking common sense doesn't make you a fanboy. ;)
A touch more turn, especially from the leg spin bowlers, and I would be a fanman.

Last edited:
Speaking common sense doesn't make you a fanboy. ;)
A touch more turn, especially from the leg spin bowlers, and I would be a fanman.

Haha, true mate. I would love to see the bails fly after bowling something around their legs as a leggie!

----------

Am I doing spin bowling wrong? I do an off spinner to RH batsman, rotate three times and push the RS as far left as possible and the ball spins past leg stump.

Sounds like you're doing it right!

Sorry if I'm being rude or churlish but I can't tell if you are being serious or not?
If you push the RS as far left as possible during bowling you will probably bowl a wide past off stump.
I'd like to see a video from someone showing the amount of turn they get.

Last edited:
If I was bowling off spin to a right hander and it was spinning past leg stump I'd be pretty damn happy haha.

Users who are viewing this thread