Spot Fixing Scandal Thread: The Legend Continues

No, they would not have asked. The police are entitled to confiscate money as evidence. That said, Majeed's court costs were a 'mere' 57k, no where near the figure he acquired.

I thought the police only found about 10k of the 150k.

That's what I'd heard.

I think that it is depressingly comical how desperate the defence was. You would have thought that they would have had some concrete back-up plan in case it all went wrong, but no. The sad thing is that it does make you look back at matches and wonder why certain things have happened.

I think the sentences are fair. There, I've said it. It acts as a deterrent to players, but it also reflects the fact that these four have broken the UK law. I just hope that this can lead to more evidence and players being found out. I fear that this may indeed be the 'tip of the iceberg' that has been mentioned.

Police found 40k in the players' rooms, but not all of it was the marked notes. They also got into their bank accounts. Nevertheless, even if all of it was related to the deal, one can assume that twice as much again was left in Majeed's care.

Interesting (and good) news about Mohd Aamer

The Weymouth Young Offenders Institution is considered a youth hostel and one of the best rehabilitation centres for the 15-21 year old offenders convicted on various charges.

The move means that Aamer will have access to every kind of facility at the centre where he can play sports, attend education classes, exercise at the gym, use internet and take part in charitable events after a month or so, including collecting money for the local charities.

Every week, he will also receive up to 25 hours of education, skills and other activities, including programmes planned for improving the behaviour of the young inmates.

Mohd Aamer moved to secure and safer rehabilitation centre - The Times of India

Feltham YOI never sounded like a good idea although Feltham itself is about 80% Indian/Pakistani.

That is good. I think in his case education really is important and rehabilitation has to be possible.

That is good. I think in his case education really is important and rehabilitation has to be possible.

Yes there is a very good curriculum there that will suit him down to the ground. He will be much better at white collar crime by the time he gets out. ;)

The arrogance and confidence that they wouldn't be apprehended is staggering. Were I ever involved in such a thing there would be cover stories, fall guys etc. I, and anyone else who wanted to do business with me, would be making 100% sure that as little culpability can come back.

That's the thing. The trio are the fall guys. This whole thing is the tip of the iceberg. The whole underground network is worth billions of dollars - stretching from India, to Pakistan, to the Middle East, to Europe and God knows where. The real culprits would be hard to apprehend, if not near impossible.

What really worries me is how many more cricketers are involved? It would be ludicrous to think that this whole network depended on just three players from a country that doesn't play that much. No, no. This thing is wide-spread. I just hope the ICC decides to take some serious investigations. If the game's reputation gets tarnished in the process, then so be it. It will help the game long-term.

Start with the Pak team. Riaz, Akmals, Farhat, and whoever was named by Majeed, check them out. Then move on to the rest of the squad - Majeed mentioned there were other fixing fractions within the team. Then move on to the rest of the playing nations. Majeed mentioned Australia. Don't care if it might have been just show-boasting - the ICC still thoroughly investigate any lead they may get.

138670.2.jpg
Starting to look his age now eh'.

Users who are viewing this thread