Spot Fixing Scandal Thread: The Legend Continues

What's with Afridi acting all hoity toity recently. I doubt he knew anything of the match fixing stuff honestly. He's probably been in on some with his ridiculous hair brained hitting at times too.

I think he's just trying to get some air time.

Thats just plain ridiculous. If you look back at it, it makes sense why he resigned as captain, it was too stupid even for Afridi's standards.

Ahaha, Brad Haddin talking to a reporter..

Reporter: Does Cricket need Pakistan
Haddin: Nope

The fact that he would make such a statement shows how little character he actually has, and it looks bad upon him. Listen to how the professional speak of solutions while child like immature men like Hadding and Watson talk. Theres the difference between people who should speak and people who should simply not be allowed to.

Asking questions like whether its in their culture is moronic. I am a pakistani and that offends me. If infact Pakistan is infact convicted of match fixing then the first trophy to be removed should be Australias 1999 world cup, since i believe what i always have, there is no way they could have won that legit.

The thing about life is that worlds problems are always your problems. They might not be your problems right now but as a great man once said the chicken always comes home to roost. Education understanding and punishment is nedeed here, not comments that dont belong from weak minded men like Haddin

To play the Devils advocate, cricket would do just fine without a nation that can't host at home.

Its not as if Pakistan has the same financial pull as India, not even close. In the end its all about dollars and cents and yes cricket could easily do without Pakistan.

To play the Devils advocate, cricket would do just fine without a nation that can't host at home.

Its not as if Pakistan has the same financial pull as India, not even close. In the end its all about dollars and cents and yes cricket could easily do without Pakistan.

And pakistan would move on just the same without cricket. Thats how life is. Yet saying things like these are detrimental to the sport, yet to take a small aspect of something and propel it to culture is incorrect.

It would be like me saying whether its in the culture of White Australian Women to cheat with African American Men, just because i have seen it happen a couple of times.

I was just pointing out that on a financial and administrative level he is correct. I don't think that is what he was referring to though, he was being a prick as usual.

Mark added 1 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

I thought Watson's "culture" comments were way more potentially offensive

Well, financially speaking cricket would do fine without any country, except India :laugh

I thought Watson's "culture" comments were way more potentially offensive

I was quite shocked when I read that. I was surprised that no one made a big deal about it as its something I'd find offensive if said about English culture; of what little culture we have. :p

^ I was surprised too, even PakPassion users haven't taken offense. They're still busy abusing RAW (not to mention the Mosad and the Jews) :laugh

^ I was surprised too, even PakPassion users haven't taken offense. They're still busy abusing RAW (not to mention the Mosad and the Jews) :laugh

I actually had a discussion about the comment with my father, and I am quite surprised that no one really picked it up. You are right, they are mostly busy cooking up conspiracy theories than notice what is actually being spoken.

Though I would like to believe that no one really gives a bull to what Watson says.

But culture DOES NOT mean race! Culture covers a heap of stuff and Watson mentioning that taking money from bookies might be in their culture is like saying it might be a cultural thing for Australians to be racist, which I wouldn't argue with - some Aussies are racist...but certainly most aren't. And that's the point, our culture makes it easy for us to appear racist - if we want, but it doesn't mean we are. Same for Pakistan and match fixing. The culture makes it easy to do it - if you want to.

I don't think it's a big stretch to say that more money goes under the table in Pakistan than Australia, for all facets of life. Bribing government officials, or police, whatever. And I'm surprised that Watson's being made out to be some kind of racist for implying that.

And Haddin saying that they don't need Pakistan for cricket to survive is completely different from him being asked if he wants to see Pakistan play cricket again. It's just question wording.

I really liked Watson as a cricketer before I came across those comments. Being a good cricket does not mean you are good at talking or showing any sort of intellect. Watson is a moron. It would be good to remind him of what Ranatunga said about Australian culture but then again two wrongs don't make a right. The most stupid people in the world are one who generalize everything. Watson is just a stupid member of that club I guess.

I read somewhere that Veena Malik (Asif's ex) claims that she's got proof against Asif. :laugh

I had to google that name.

umm she is pretty whore lookin.

Users who are viewing this thread