Spot the Ball DBC14 Competition

One last post. Sorry Admins :p Gill is injured and Hodgson is in career best form. I wouldn't put Beale at 12 as we need a hard tackling, straight runner at 12 playing outside Cooper plus Tommua has one of the best boots in the country. Godwin has been a bit down this year but he sure does have potential (he's only 21). On Burgess he has been playing some really good rugby recently plus I agree with you on Lilo, but we have to wait and see when he comes back. Maybe Mogg on the bench instead, he's been playing well recently. I think that's the las rugby post from me LOL

@MattW I actually think maybe BigAnt is going to try a basketball game...
attachment.php

Attachments

• STB102.jpg
    STB102.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 159
Question, Is the deadline mentioned over the poll my local time or gmt ?

Question, Is the deadline mentioned over the poll my local time or gmt ?

Mentioned my same uncertainty over that point in the current round thread. But still left it as long as I was confortable before putting in my final bid.

----------

I'm guessing chak was waiting for me to bid..

This is how the last round goes down..

If the correct answer is-
Red - 3 way tie between myself, koeloe and isrararrafi.
Green - I win, Chinaman get's second.
Blue - 2 way tie between chak and I.
Yellow - I win by default (Woo hoo! Default!)
White - 3 way tie between myself, lion100lion and smasta

40% chance to win.. 20% chance to have a 50% chance to win, 40% chance to have a 33% chance to win.. (really, this is a 75% chance based game)

To quote Homer again.. 'I like those odds'.

----------

Really, I should have gone for White or Red.. then it would have been 40% chance of win, 40% chance of 50% chance to win, 20% chance of 33% chance to win. But like I said, I like the look of green.

I even went so far as to watch some of the videos of the gameplay recorded by those lucky few to have the game and seen the way that a fielder throws the ball up in celebration.. I noted that on all occasions, regardless of the handedness of the fielder, the ball seemed to go up to the left of the fielder.

Mentioned my same uncertainty over that point in the current round thread. But still left it as long as I was confortable before putting in my final bid.

----------

I'm guessing chak was waiting for me to bid..

This is how the last round goes down..

If the correct answer is-
Red - 3 way tie between myself, koeloe and isrararrafi.
Green - I win, Chinaman get's second.
Blue - 2 way tie between chak and I.
Yellow - I win by default (Woo hoo! Default!)
White - 3 way tie between myself, lion100lion and smasta

40% chance to win.. 20% chance to have a 50% chance to win, 40% chance to have a 33% chance to win.. (really, this is a 75% chance based game)

To quote Homer again.. 'I like those odds'.

----------

Really, I should have gone for White or Red.. then it would have been 40% chance of win, 40% chance of 50% chance to win, 20% chance of 33% chance to win. But like I said, I like the look of green.

I even went so far as to watch some of the videos of the gameplay recorded by those lucky few to have the game and seen the way that a fielder throws the ball up in celebration.. I noted that on all occasions, regardless of the handedness of the fielder, the ball seemed to go up to the left of the fielder.

Wow...

Or you could have just paid 60 bucks for it....

No ties please - no one needs new screenshots at this point! :)

No ties please - no one needs new screenshots at this point! :)

You're right.. just need the game.

----------

Wow...

Or you could have just paid 60 bucks for it....

Already paid $100.. this is just to save me spending another $80 to get it on PC. Well worth the effort, I say.. (plus, bragging rights is an invaluable commodity). God knows I won't get any bragging rights through online play I recon.

Just out of curiosity.. added up the number of bids made, compared to the number of correct bids made.. the average correct guess was made 17% of the time... that's worse than the law of averages just randomly selecting an answer.

Just out of curiosity.. added up the number of bids made, compared to the number of correct bids made.. the average correct guess was made 17% of the time... that's worse than the law of averages just randomly selecting an answer.

just rubbing it in...

Yeah but Frostyvegi cheated! No fair :mad:(:mad:noway

In all seriousness, well done Frostyvegi. I'm glad a regular poster won it. I would have loved to have seen @Ross' signature on @blockerdave's copy though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread