DBC14 EB Play Session Videos and Pics Updated(new Video Updated)

Hey guys, this is somewhat unrelated but something Ive been wondering for quite some time - so maybe one of the guys who played the game can help me out:

If we're able to control every part of the bowling sequence (run-up/release as well as line and length) - where does the skill of the player come in? What will determine the difference in quality of delivery between, say, Dale Steyn and some part-time bowler?

Does that have more to do with seam/swing? Because as it stands it seems it has more to do with how good the player is with the controller in his hand than the ratings of the players in the game.

Well, if you have higher speed and swing ratings, you're going to be spinning or swinging it now, also it'll be easier to control and with a better bowling you'll generally get it into the right areas you aim for, haven't played it but that's my guess

The apocalypse video is my favorite...that bouncer that almost knocks the head off...epic!! And the batsman actually looks back to see the ball.

That was pretty amazing to see. But the bowling catch was WOW!!!!

Hey guys, this is somewhat unrelated but something Ive been wondering for quite some time - so maybe one of the guys who played the game can help me out:

If we're able to control every part of the bowling sequence (run-up/release as well as line and length) - where does the skill of the player come in? What will determine the difference in quality of delivery between, say, Dale Steyn and some part-time bowler?

Does that have more to do with seam/swing? Because as it stands it seems it has more to do with how good the player is with the controller in his hand than the ratings of the players in the game.

Other than (more) swing/seam/spin...consistency, accuracy, speed etc etc.

Other than (more) swing/seam/spin...consistency, accuracy, speed etc etc.

So Im assuming by that you mean, less variation on when you pull the stick down on the controller? Since you dont decide where to place the ball, apart from length "zones". Will you for instance be able to aim at off-stump? The way I get it is that there's no visual indicator allowing you to pin-point the delivery - so its all up to how good you are at pulling the sticks on the controller in a straight line?

So Im assuming by that you mean, less variation on when you pull the stick down on the controller? Since you dont decide where to place the ball, apart from length "zones". Will you for instance be able to aim at off-stump? The way I get it is that there's no visual indicator allowing you to pin-point the delivery - so its all up to how good you are at pulling the sticks on the controller in a straight line?

I am not exactly sure how accuracy/consistency works for bowling. About aiming the stumps, you just need to be very good at releasing the ball at the right time. I would assume for a very good bowler, a perfect user input will result in the exact delivery you were trying to ball, while for a so-so bowler there will be some degree of randomization even after a perfect user input for a yorker...resulting in a full toss or a half volley. This is all assumptions. Mikey would know more.

i would guess that the "better" the player, the easier it should be to get the desired output, and you should be able to get more swing (or spin, as appropriate)

Yea I took as that, either you get more lee-way from a better bowler or its not as dead on accurate off a lesser bowler, I remember Ross saying it wouldn't be possible to bowl successive identical deliveries so taking the skills into consideration ( throw acc, arm speed, strength and consistency plus fitness) all off which would make identical joystick inputs produce a different outcome?

Users who are viewing this thread