DBC14 EB Play Session Videos and Pics Updated(new Video Updated)

khanjoiya456

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
awsome controls....
I dunt know why we coudn't hav used mouse n key board ...
but still its :*

kasabian21

International Coach
I think that it might mean doosra ...but not sure....:)

I'm guessing the direction you spin the left stick in is the direction of the spin (clockwise or anti-clockwise) and how much spin you get will be mainly based on the bowlers skill levels etc...

A top spinner will have top spin and a back spinner will have back spin on it (obviously)...hence the forward and backward controls on the right stick.

I'm also assuming (I've made a lot today) that we can combine drift with top/back spin, e.g. if you held the right stick at NE you'd get some top spin and some drift to the right?

Karachi

Associate Captain
Someone going to tomorrow's play session kindly uploads videos including South Asian teams & grounds/stadiums, in particular Pakistan & India.

Thanks in advance.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Question for Ross or MikeM...

Why the difference in basic bowling controls between pace and spin bowling? For pace bowlers the right stick essentially initiates the bowling action and release of the delivery whereas for spinners the right stick is used for determining the type of delivery and there's no control over when the spinner lets go of the ball or when the spinner initiates the bowling action?

Based on these controls how will spinner pull back the length if he wants to do so? For pacers I can let the ball leave the hand early by pushing the stick forward early resulting in a fuller length. But for spinners it looks like there's no way for me to alter the length at the last moment/ E.g., if I see the batsman coming out of the crease there's no way for me to shorten the length of the delivery by holding the ball a little longer. Would appreciate a response when you get the chance.

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Question for Ross or MikeM...

Why the difference in basic bowling controls between pace and spin bowling? For pace bowlers the right stick essentially initiates the bowling action and release of the delivery whereas for spinners the right stick is used for determining the type of delivery and there's no control over when the spinner lets go of the ball or when the spinner initiates the bowling action?

Based on these controls how will spinner pull back the length if he wants to do so? For pacers I can let the ball leave the hand early by pushing the stick forward early resulting in a fuller length. But for spinners it looks like there's no way for me to alter the length at the last moment/ E.g., if I see the batsman coming out of the crease there's no way for me to shorten the length of the delivery by holding the ball a little longer. Would appreciate a response when you get the chance.

You cannot shorten the length of a delivery by pushing the right-stick up sooner or later. Length is controlled using buttons and not analog sticks (A, B, X and Y on XBOX).

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
You cannot shorten the length of a delivery by pushing the right-stick up sooner or later. Length is controlled using buttons and not analog sticks (A, B, X and Y on XBOX).

You can. This is what MikeM explained long back. The face buttons on the controller are for deciding the general area of the pitch you are targeting but your delivery release will determine the spot where the ball will land. For example if I select good length initially and then see the batsman coming out of the crease (against fast bowler) I would hold on to the ball and release it a bit late so the delivery ends up being short of length. Conversely if I had released it earlier it would have been fuller length. this was all revealed by MikeM and discussed in detail way back.

That's why I want to know about a similar mechanism for spinners as this would be more useful for spinners where batsmen are more likely to charge out of the crease to get to the pitch of the ball.

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You can. This is what MikeM explained long back. The face buttons on the controller are for deciding the general area of the pitch you are targeting but your delivery release will determine the spot where the ball will land. For example if I select good length initially and then see the batsman coming out of the crease (against fast bowler) I would hold on to the ball and release it a bit late so the delivery ends up being short of length. Conversely if I had released it earlier it would have been fuller length. this was all revealed by MikeM and discussed in detail way back.

That's why I want to know about a similar mechanism for spinners as this would be more useful for spinners where batsmen are more likely to charge out of the crease to get to the pitch of the ball.

My bad. I thought you were talking about selecting the length zones. While not a perfect alternative (not allowing fine control over exact length), but still the buttons would allow you to change your good length delivery to a short pitch delivery if the batsman charges down the wicket. However, I would also like to know why BigAnt went with different controls for Pace and Spin with regards to this.

Crossy333

County Cricketer
My guess is that because pace bowling and spin are two different techniques. Having different controls reflects this.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
My guess is that because pace bowling and spin are two different techniques. Having different controls reflects this.

Yes, spin and pace bowling is different but the fundamentals regarding rolling the arm over and releasing the ball remains the same, which is what right stick does for pacers but not for spinners. Yes, you will have cutters & swing for pacers and off/leg spin for spinners but releasing the ball and initiating the delivery stride piece should be consistent.

Maybe the disconnect is the way the controls are shared for the play session and thus the query.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@cricket - if I remember rightly, in every discussion of controls previously, it sounded as if spinners wouldn't have the same ability to control length as seamers - certainly that it wouldn't be the same method of control

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
@cricket - if I remember rightly, in every discussion of controls previously, it sounded as if spinners wouldn't have the same ability to control length as seamers - certainly that it wouldn't be the same method of control

That's a bit worrisome as I'm afraid the spinners will be taken out of equation online by folks coming out of the crease and tonking them around. Ability to change their length at the last moment would go a long way in addressing the concern.

Let's see what comes out of the playsession as I find it difficult to believe there's no way to change the length for spinners just before delivering the ball.

mattk

Associate Cricketer
I assume there will be plenty of risk in coming out of the crease. Its not like they'll be able to do it and time the ball every time

Users who are viewing this thread