Stadiums ID

Is there a different tours system for career mode? I'm guessing it would be difficult to keep randomly generating tours for 20 years, so are there tours already built in or have you set it to repeat the schedule every 4 years. Or have I got it completely wrong?

Is there a different tours system for career mode? I'm guessing it would be difficult to keep randomly generating tours for 20 years, so are there tours already built in or have you set it to repeat the schedule every 4 years. Or have I got it completely wrong?

Exactly the question I was about to ask....Just keen on knowing how the career mode works without adding heaps of tours/competitions in yourself

Folks are brushing up on their sledging skills, or shall I say "mental disintegration", in anticipation of the game releasing soon. You don't expect to get away without being sledged online, do you?

I like to keep a low profile you see. Speak and ye shall be seen. Do not speak and one remains invisible. ;)

Career has a structured random nature to it's fixtures. Meaning that it works from a base set of tours and competitions and will randomly select from teams that way (using the elements in the game like grading and such to select those teams that you're playing against). There are some more structured elements in there as well to make sure you don't have obscure matchups occur too.

Will it be possible to have different lengths of tours against the same teams? For example, England usually play 2 tests, 3 ODI's and possibly a T20 against Bangladesh as they are a very poor side (take your pick which team I mean). If Bangladesh made a shock rise up the rankings after 12 years to 1st or 2nd place, would England play 3-5 tests, 5 ODI's and 2-3 T20's? From your statement I assume this is likely, but I'm just checking if it's what will happen.

Also, are some team's reluctance to play test cricket factored into making the tours or is everyone run by a clean, well meaning board?

can you run a career playing for one of the associate nations? based on that; it seems as if you did; Scotland would become a test team but on the level of the worst teams

Don't we have a dedicated career mode thread? ... just saying.

Yes, but the discussion was about tours in career and other game modes. I took the opportunity to elaborate on a answer that HBK gave and IceAge elaborated on HBK's answer and my question. It would have been difficult to move this discussion to another thread as soon as it turned to career mode.

The threads seem to blend together anyway. The General Discussion and Q&A threads have a lot of both in each of them, for example.

can you run a career playing for one of the associate nations? based on that; it seems as if you did; Scotland would become a test team but on the level of the worst teams

presumably if you can put in a structure other domestic nations, maybe it's possible to also put in the structure for associate nations such as the WCL and Intercontinental Cup? The issue here though would be Scotland doesn't really have a proper domestic structure for you to to get picked from.

I have been wondering for a while how we define "tests" for stats - in CA it seems to be a 5 day first class match. but does it have to be international teams?

if i play 2 counties in a 5 day first class match i don't want that being treated as tests. or maybe i want to play a historic conditions test such as when England played 3 or 4 day tests. plus to be first class it seems to need to be 6 ball overs, so you can't replicate 8 ball over first class and tests in Aus.

if it's any first class match between international teams, regardless of days, is called a test, you have the intercontinental cup as first class (3 or 4 days i think) but for associates so not tests.

i would rather be able to set the statistical category myself when creating the match type in CA rather than having it second guess me. this way i can make sure i keep accurate stats tracking as i am incredibly anal about this.

i REALLY want to play as older teams under the real conditions and have the stats tracked properly.

I assume based on the option to pick any domestic team to start, you can get selected for a national team other than the local national team of the tournament you start in - so presumably someone could play through county cricket to gain a place in the Irish or Scottish national side.

I certainly hope the option is there.

Define proper domestic structure. We've got a strong club system, a national league and a national side that ignores all the domestic players and borrows them from other countries...

Define proper domestic structure. We've got a strong club system, a national league and a national side that ignores all the domestic players and borrows them from other countries...

well i meant first class, as the game starts at that.

interesting point actually, since we can add domestic structures for other countries, do we have to start at first class there or can we add club before first class?

and if so, can we add levels before first class to the existing aus/eng domestic structures in the game?

A bit like us then!!

Edit sorry @chinaman got in 1st!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread