Stadiums ID

I feel sorry for poor @chinaman who keeps getting mentions and linked to (twice anyway). I was about 10 days too late for that username.

I assume based on the option to pick any domestic team to start, you can get selected for a national team other than the local national team of the tournament you start in - so presumably someone could play through county cricket to gain a place in the Irish or Scottish national side.

I certainly hope the option is there.

Ideally (for me) I would like to have a county career as an Irishman and play for Ireland in international competition a la Will Porterfield, Paul Stirling or Niall O'Brien. I do hope its possible and the non test sides also have full calendars.

I have said before that career mode is one of the more underexplained facets of the game!

I have said before that career mode is one of the more underexplained facets of the game!

It is and that is the beauty of it as well. I'm looking forward to exploring the career mode without already knowing everything about it.

That said, I've been planning on writing my first career mode as a story. Got half-way through the introduction and realised I was missing a bunch of quite important information (like what club I might be playing for first..). Just means that I'll have to wait till it comes out :D

Lebanna;2666739[B said:
]It is and that is the beauty of it as well. I'm looking forward to exploring the career mode without already knowing everything about it.[/B]

That said, I've been planning on writing my first career mode as a story. Got half-way through the introduction and realised I was missing a bunch of quite important information (like what club I might be playing for first..). Just means that I'll have to wait till it comes out :D

Not necessarily though. Companies normally really sell off features of their games, normally to the point where they are passing off mundane stuff as groundbreaking, often using a buzzword or name like "ignite engine" or "line and length bowling".

Career mode is definitely a big selling point for this game but the lack of information about it doesn't fill me with confidence. I would have thought they'd really selling these features by now, especially to please the public after the delays.

Just to be clear, most out of the general public do not follow forums nor Facebook, they generally do not follow this game, those that do will likely buy the game regardless. It's not that I take anyone for granted, it just is a fact, they follow the game and its development because they are Cricket fans.

Less than 1% of our target audience has downloaded the Cricket Academy, I've got a relatively small group of people to "please" and have done so with many screenshots, videos, information, and the Nets.

I believe releasing information about the Career Mode would hinder the open and free discussion that is occurring on the forums. The discussion gives us ideas of what we need to implement and improve, it is giving us an insight into what people think is most important.

This is the first implementation of a Career Mode in a console cricket game, it will not have all of the things that are imagined by people in this thread.

The biggest thing I wonder about career mode is how to implement new and different domestic competitions. Say I finish creating the CPL T20 league, will I be able to implement it in a similar way to the IPL in that I can be chosen to play in the league? How do I define the time of year it occurs? Also, say we have the SA or NZ domestic competitions, will there be a way to implement them in a similar way to Shield and County cricket in that we can start off as them etc. Lots of murkiness in that area is really my only concern with the career mode.

I've had a sneaking suspicion for the last month or so that one thing the guys at Big Ant have been doing while they await release is including alot more of the domestic and international leagues for the career mode apart from just the UK and Australian leagues. There was a post where alot of information was gathered on here.. and I personally think that this is getting put to good use in the current 'down time' when the guys aren't tinkering with TTC.

I've had a sneaking suspicion for the last month or so that one thing the guys at Big Ant have been doing while they await release is including alot more of the domestic and international leagues for the career mode apart from just the UK and Australian leagues. There was a post where alot of information was gathered on here.. and I personally think that this is getting put to good use in the current 'down time' when the guys aren't tinkering with TTC.
I'm not sure about that. They were off work for a couple of weeks and it would be quite a lot of work to get them added which they might want to spend on making sure there are no big bugs in the boxed edition and polishing the day one patch. If the other leagues were going to be in the game out the box, I think they would have been on the Academy by now.

The game was submitted ages ago and we haven't added anything to the game for quite a while.

In terms of adding to the Academy, not all things available in the game have been copied to the Academy as yet, it takes a lot of resource and we cherry-pick what we think is most important.

The game was submitted ages ago and we haven't added anything to the game for quite a while.
When do you usually need to get games passed submission by?
In terms of adding to the Academy, not all things available in the game have been copied to the Academy as yet, it takes a lot of resource and we cherry-pick what we think is most important.
It seems like the leagues would be a major feature. I'm guessing everything that is fundemental to linking all the players and getting the best teams ready has been released so I assume it might be a few pieces of licensed kit items or special teams. However, considering that wouldn't be much resource, we might get a nice surprise for something on release day.

Just to be clear, most out of the general public do not follow forums nor Facebook, they generally do not follow this game, those that do will likely buy the game regardless. It's not that I take anyone for granted, it just is a fact, they follow the game and its development because they are Cricket fans.

Less than 1% of our target audience has downloaded the Cricket Academy, I've got a relatively small group of people to "please" and have done so with many screenshots, videos, information, and the Nets.

I believe releasing information about the Career Mode would hinder the open and free discussion that is occurring on the forums. The discussion gives us ideas of what we need to implement and improve, it is giving us an insight into what people think is most important.

This is the first implementation of a Career Mode in a console cricket game, it will not have all of the things that are imagined by people in this thread.

So When is your marketing campaign going to begin ross?

Tbh Ross - any career mode is greater than I imagined a year ago (before I heard of DBC). Even if it doesn't have all the features that I could possibly have imagined since then, it will still be worth however much I pay for the game.

It's not a great mystery they are all in the Cricket Academy:
yj6PYA2.jpg

Most if not all of them were featured in the trailer.

where Dhaka stadium ?

where Dhaka stadium ?
The Dhaka Stadium, more commonly known as the Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, is located in Mirpur, Dhaka.

In the game, they don't have the license for it, or any other stadium.*

Edit: *Just to be 100% clear, the Bradman Oval and SCG are licensed.
----------

Dhaka I would guess.
Thanks for stealing my thunder, again!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread