Steam update for DBC17 released

Today's build

Veteran, Hardest bowling, bowling at AI

I have been bowling most of the day. The cut and thrust of test cricket is fine here, but we still have too many caught, too many bat pad and not enough bowled. Has anyone bowled someone out in a test using this build? I am worried that in the pressure to get a console patch submitted we are going to have to get Francobaldo to sort things out.

I will probably continue tomorrow. Despite no bowled it was good cricket.

View attachment 187945
I had one bowled with a spinner (all ten wickets were with spin, it was an uneven, crumbly pitch). At least two bat pads; bat pads in the sense that they smack it into their foot/leg and it loops up rather than a prod that deflects away.

Also. This keeps happening when I bowl a SLA around the wicket and in the closest position to the stumps.

Last edited:
Unfortunately there are many many people who don't have that patience and I am worried BA will hurry something out soon before we are ready.
Don't worry I'm doing my best to keep the gag on Timmy's mouth!!![DOUBLEPOST=1494280757][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am happy to wait another month for the console patch if it means we get a better overall game. Love reading the impressions from those with the PC version in this thread.
If it means we get the gaming equivalent of Ambrosia then yep all good for that.

I am on a very dodgy pitch (to try and get some bowled).

I would exchange one bat pad an innings for a bowled and say we are there.
Again, just bowling spin in career mode (so not a comprehensive analysis) and I'm getting plenty of wickets but they are all catches...most to drives hitting pad and looping to short leg or silly mid on. I don't want to complain too much as I love the fact that bat-pad is possible now and there have also been some delightful fine edges through to the keeper and some thicker stuff going to slips or gully. However, it would be nice to feel that bowled and LBW are still in the frame...or at least not as rare stumpings in DBC14. The people posting video of pace bowling wickets all seem to be yorkers...has anyone clipped the top of the stumps recently? It can't be easy for BA to get this balance right, so I appreciate their efforts so far. Generally enjoying the game more with each incremental update.

I am on a very dodgy pitch (to try and get some bowled).

I would exchange one bat pad an innings for a bowled and say we are there.

Would appreciate if you can play a couple of Tests on a pristine batting friendly surface to see whether the AI manage to put up a decent score. So far most, if not all, of the scorecards I have seen show totals which are on lower side. I would like to see AI dominating with the bat for once and be in a position such as 300/2 or 480/7 etc. on a belter.

Would appreciate if you can play a couple of Tests on a pristine batting friendly surface to see whether the AI manage to put up a decent score. So far most, if not all, of the scorecards I have seen show totals which are on lower side. I would like to see AI dominating with the bat for once and be in a position such as 300/2 or 480/7 etc. on a belter.

I'll do that tomorrow.

Again, just bowling spin in career mode (so not a comprehensive analysis) and I'm getting plenty of wickets but they are all catches...most to drives hitting pad and looping to short leg or silly mid on. I don't want to complain too much as I love the fact that bat-pad is possible now and there have also been some delightful fine edges through to the keeper and some thicker stuff going to slips or gully. However, it would be nice to feel that bowled and LBW are still in the frame...or at least not as rare stumpings in DBC14. The people posting video of pace bowling wickets all seem to be yorkers...has anyone clipped the top of the stumps recently? It can't be easy for BA to get this balance right, so I appreciate their efforts so far. Generally enjoying the game more with each incremental update.

Exactly. I had one clean bowled on an earlier build. I think we are nearly there, but clean bowling someone is such a fundamental part of the game that I am determined not to let it slip. Much like the dynamic lineups guy. I just wish I knew a bit more about how it all worked.

I don't know if this is the right place, but the field settings bug has resurfaced. The fielder from Mid On was teleported to Fine Leg.

upload_2017-5-8_18-44-11.png

Edit: Here's the scorecard. This was on Easy bowling and Amateur. There were some plays and misses on a square turner, against both pace and spin. Did get a stumped and an LBW, the bowled was an outside edge on a cutter. Definitely felt more organic than before. Some more tweaks and we should be good, IMO.

upload_2017-5-8_18-51-41.png

Last edited:
I'm not sure if the devs have tweaked anything with the Wicket Keeper but on 4th or the 5th May build I remember a beautiful nick going for a boundary off a spinner because there was no slip at place. The Wicket Keeper didn't react to it.

But today for me the keeper caught everything. As has been mentioned earlier in the thread with the video.

I had a low score but it was different to the rest of the time I've had low scores in test. AI got through 10 overs without losing a wicket, lunch losing only three. After lunch they were solid and then collapsed in about 4 or 5 overs.

qbF512n.jpg

I too love baseball and cricket and was lucky enough to watch Seattle beat Texas last night, a rare win for the Mariners but great TV.
I used to walk down to Safeco Field, order a couple of hot dogs, and watch the Mariners games. They had a fantastic season in 2001, but have been mostly poor since, and still haven't ever won a championship :facepalm

I had a low score but it was different to the rest of the time I've had low scores in test. AI got through 10 overs without losing a wicket, lunch losing only three. After lunch they were solid and then collapsed in about 4 or 5 overs.

qbF512n.jpg

I reckon spin is pretty "overpowered" right now and just look at that scorecard. Have you tried bowling an innings using only pace?

I reckon spin is pretty "overpowered" right now and just look at that scorecard. Have you tried bowling an innings using only pace?
I have bowled innings where pacemen rip through the top order several times so it was refreshing to have a change, largely because of the pitch I think. I bowled about 20 overs straight with spin at both ends into rough patches that had developed. It's tough to judge from one game. But like I said it was a low score but a low score that came about in a different way. I'll be interested to see how the second innings goes.

That is unfortunate. So the stats that appear in-match (which are correct) are completely separate from the ones in the statistics screen off the main career menu?
Thanks for sending through your career save. The stats in match are the same ones you're getting in the main career menu, just that the in-match hud doesn't show the count of innings - so you wouldn't see that it's incorrect in game.

Unfortunately as mentioned, it's not possible to go back and fix up the stats that are wrong, but everything should be right going forward. Apologies for that.

Users who are viewing this thread