Steam update for DBC17 released

Just finished a t20 match and played some overs of an ODI with associate teams.
With the latest update the game has improved a lot,but there are still only few lbw,bowled,run outs and stumpings(specially in T20's slog overs/powerplays).I think these type of dismissals are atleast 1 to 5 in real t20 cricket.In real ODI's there are also decent amount of stumpings(more chances in spin friendly pitch) and run outs and offcourse bowled and lbw.In test,we need more lbw and clean bowled(i didnt played a test yet so its maybe already fixed)
The T20 field placement is almost realistic now.The AI should use attacking or balanced fields if defending lower totals(like if it is defending 10 runs in 25 bowls,there is no sense to use defensive fields).
AI when chasing should play according to required run rate(there is no sense to play risky shots,if he has 60 bowls to score 25 runs,specially if the wicket in hands are few).It should try to play more defensive or ground shots if wickets in hand are few or if they lose wickets in short distance.
I really appreciate the amount of hard work you are putting in this patch,thanks @BigAntStudios :)

Last edited:
Good point. It's not game breaking at all, and probably not a big deal, but would be a nice quality of life addition in future. I think in DBC14 you could change your delivery angle right before release. I think they have tried to remove premeditation and guess work. Case in point: backlift while preparing for an advance shot. Not sure if these can be seen in online play though.
No
In dbc14 we had to change the delivery angle of the bowler before he started the run up but to users it would be evident only when the bowler is just about to release the ball which I want in dbc17 as well.

Under career mode even though you play good or not career skill points achieved remains same...man of the match also no extra rewards.
It would be good to change this and the skill points should be given based on runs we score and wickets we take.

Ex:
Batting per innings:

0-25 runs 1000 points
25-50 runs 2000 points
50-75 runs 3000 points
75-100 runs 4000 points
100 or 100+ runs 5000 points

Bowling per innings:

1 wkts 1000 points
2 wkts 2000 points
3 wkts 3000 points
4 wkts 4000 points
5 or 5+ wkts 5000 points

This would get averaged also more realistic instead of constant points always .

When moving to higher levels like county , international same ratio can be maintained to give the points.

Originally I had the same idea. However after playing for a while I have realised that the current system also sims a very overlooked feature of a cricketers life- balancing earning and commitments. For example, as a player who wants to play tests, my best bet is to just perform in FC matches- however I can earn more SP by playing in various T20 leagues and thereby level up player faster because you earn more SP for a T20 league than First Class cricket matches. . This is the sort of dilemma a real player faces in choosing between state and international leagues and its a fantastic feature. Maybe a tweak to ADD SP based on performance would be good but as it stands, I think the current feature also addesses a very important aspect of a player's career that we should not lose.

@MattW can you please tell us that are you guys working on dynamic lineups in career mode?
I feel like every time someone repeats this question on this thread, they should cancel on work on dynamic lineups for that week.

You still havent shared bank details. How to give you refund?

Just finished a t20 match and played some overs of an ODI with associate teams.
With the latest update the game has improved a lot,but there are still only few lbw,bowled,run outs and stumpings(specially in T20's slog overs/powerplays).I think these type of dismissals are atleast 1 to 5 in real t20 cricket.In real ODI's there are also decent amount of stumpings(more chances in spin friendly pitch) and run outs and offcourse bowled and lbw.In test,we need more lbw and clean bowled(i didnt played a test yet so its maybe already fixed)
The T20 field placement is almost realistic now.The AI should use attacking or balanced fields if defending lower totals(like if it is defending 10 runs in 25 bowls,there is no sense to use defensive fields).
AI when chasing should play according to required run rate(there is no sense to play risky shots,if he has 60 bowls to score 25 runs,specially if the wicket in hands are few).It should try to play more defensive or ground shots if wickets in hand are few or if they lose wickets in short distance.
I really appreciate the amount of hard work you are putting in this patch,thanks @BigAntStudios :)

I have played one test innings and didn't get a bowled. Granted that is not enough to make a consensus.

There have however been two seperate *tuned AI dismissals, or *increased AI bowled entries into the patch notes, and I have had about two bowled in 400 overs, one being a massive chop on.

I had a few more play and misses with this latest build and will test further later.

It means if you are liked or not by staff

It just means if you bought certified PC version of DBC14
If the above is true then I'm on thin ice...?

But then I assume the bottom to be true and thus, thanks.

A big thanks to @BigAntStudios . You guys have done a great job. This latest update has made the game near perfect. This is what I was waiting for so long. A challenging AI sparks new life to the game. Thanks once again.

I have played one test innings and didn't get a bowled. Granted that is not enough to make a consensus.

There have however been two seperate *tuned AI dismissals, or *increased AI bowled entries into the patch notes, and I have had about two bowled in 400 overs, one being a massive chop on.

I had a few more play and misses with this latest build and will test further later.

And what sort of totals are the AI teams getting post the latest tweak? I hope AI are able to score mammoth totals of 500 or thereabouts when they play on a belter as it happens often in real life.

BA can you please remove the animation of the bowler changing its bowling mark when we try to bowl from a bit wider or closer to stumps
It gives us a cue when batting that the following delivery will be bowled a bit wider or closer even before the bowler starts his run up.
Even realistically too bowlers don't change their bowling mark by shifting to either one step right or left they do it during their run up which used to happen just like in DBC14.
Bowling a bit wider or closer to the stumps comes in handy only when it has a surprise element to it.
If we know before hand when the bowler has not even started his run up then this type of variation loses its surprise element and can make batting and bowling from a user perspective a little less enjoyable.
If there is a specific reason for this feature to be present in the game then please change it for atleast legend and veteran difficulty.
I know its neither important and nor it is a bug but will help in making dbc17 much more realistic
I seemed to have read somewhere that fixes in PC version have come for this, something like the batsman and bowler will stay in the position you picked until you changed the position again.... in other words for this ball you pick a wide angle, he will still visibly move, but the following balls he will remain in the wider position without you having to move him again....same with the batsmans stance....I may be wrong .. PC users?

No
In dbc14 we had to change the delivery angle of the bowler before he started the run up but to users it would be evident only when the bowler is just about to release the ball which I want in dbc17 as well.
Yes, you are correct. It would be a good addition.

I do hope that the AI dismissal balance can be achieved first. I'll try out bowling tonight. Seems we are nearly there!

And what sort of totals are the AI teams getting post the latest tweak? I hope AI are able to score mammoth totals of 500 or thereabouts when they play on a belter as it happens often in real life.

180 odd on a scorecard a few pages back (Veteran difficulty, hard bowling).

I am now going to do an innings (Veteran difficulty, hardest bowling).

I'll stream a bit, but there won't be any microphone Twitch

Last edited:
Being an avid follower of both cricket and baseball, my impression is that cricket is much more complex. Not just the LBW decisions, or how conditions affect play, but the sheer variety of shots possible in cricket makes it much more diverse.

baseball-field-territory.gif

In baseball (above), around 270 degrees of the circle is foul territory meaning the shots made there don't count in terms that benefit the batting team. In cricket we've got the sweep, late cut, inside and outside edges, pull shot, leg glance etc. which dramatically complexify the game. Tough to be a cricket game developer in that regard.
I too love baseball and cricket and was lucky enough to watch Seattle beat Texas last night, a rare win for the Mariners but great TV.

Both games are completely different IMO they may both be bat and ball but vastly different.[DOUBLEPOST=1494269861][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sony and Microsoft sure are taking their sweet time arent they !?
Relax don't do it, When you want to go to it, Relax don't do it, When you want to come, Relax don't do it, When you want to come...

All good things come to those who wait, patience just watch the thread!

I am on console, but havent managed to see much being spoken about on this subject.
Because this is the steam incremental patch thread... As soon as all is fixed on that it'll be released to consoles... Soon!

Bug No 1 of DBC 17 ....

No explanation required , this video says it all...see the keeper before I play the shot OMG.

Beg you to fix this issue... thanks in advance.
Are u playing on pc with latest update?
I think i read that cut shot to spinners have been sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread