Steam update for DBC17 released

Well I think the game is pretty much close to perfect. But then I play career mode so the AI batting as I bowl I only see in snippets.

Thanks for anyone who watched the stream. The Vod will be uploaded to Twitch

I played on Veteran, Hard bowling, Grassy pitch, and this is the scorecard.

View attachment 187824

The good

The general cricket looked and felt fantastic
Had a popped up bat pad off a defensive shot
It no longer feels like bowling at a brick wall, there were play and misses and an LBW. No bowled, but it's only 46 overs. There was a really fine nick off a defensive shot which was proper test cricket.
I actually got a run out (I was worried I would then get loads, as this is a frequent bug in other cricket games), but I didn't, which was great.

The bad

Cook and Jennings, both conservative players, slogged the ball to the infield for soft dismissals.
Still too many bat pads off the drive for my liking.

I am going to play on legend, hardest bowling tonight.

lol @Langeveldt you might be to good at this game to test any patch :lol;):thumbs

In a 20 over match I would expect all players to smash the ball around, and Pujara is a quality player. I'm more looking for subtle differences between Blockers and Brutes in 50 overs and tests.

I am on console, but havent managed to see much being spoken about on this subject.

It has been fixed but only on the PC at the moment. The Console patch has not been sent for approval yet. You are in the ''Steam update for DBC17 released'' thread? i will say if any of the comments on here about the updates are anything to go from the console patch looks like it will be well worth the wait. :thumbs

It has been fixed but only on the PC at the moment. The Console patch has not been sent for approval yet. You are in the ''Steam update for DBC17 released'' thread? i will say if any of the comments on here about the updates are anything to go from the console patch looks like it will be well worth the wait. :thumbs

Ya thanks, just wanted to know if they were addressing it on steam as of yet. Cool.

2 - Career Fielding Camera Not working , This is very Important Feature not working ... Due to which we could not play career as Bowler and Allrounder
The career fielding camera is a one focused on the one player you're controlling, it is working entirely as intended.

For those stats, they can't be fixed retroactively. It should be correctly counting all stats for future matches.

That is unfortunate. So the stats that appear in-match (which are correct) are completely separate from the ones in the statistics screen off the main career menu?

That is unfortunate. So the stats that appear in-match (which are correct) are completely separate from the ones in the statistics screen off the main career menu?
If you could send through your career save I can take a look and find out why the discrepancy.

Thanks for anyone who watched the stream. The Vod will be uploaded to Twitch

I played on Veteran, Hard bowling, Grassy pitch, and this is the scorecard.

@blockerdave @Dutch @WealeyH

View attachment 187824

The good

The general cricket looked and felt fantastic
Had a popped up bat pad off a defensive shot
It no longer feels like bowling at a brick wall, there were play and misses and an LBW. No bowled, but it's only 46 overs. There was a really fine nick off a defensive shot which was proper test cricket.
I actually got a run out (I was worried I would then get loads, as this is a frequent bug in other cricket games), but I didn't, which was great.

The bad

Cook and Jennings, both conservative players, slogged the ball to the infield for soft dismissals.
Still too many bat pads off the drive for my liking.

I am going to play on legend, hardest bowling tonight.
They still iook like they are not going to make big scores

They still iook like they are not going to make big scores

I'll go onto Legend and Hardest (unless someone wants to try), but I am working until this evening

If you could send through your career save I can take a look and find out why the discrepancy.

Have done that. Cheers.

On another note I played a One-Day game on my spinner career and the AI batted very nicely against me. Knocked me all around the ground using the gaps well and then I picked up a couple of cheap wickets at the end of the innings with them holing out in the deep trying to slog. All felt very natural.

Users who are viewing this thread