Steam update for DBC17 released

I played 30 overs (batting and bowling) yesterday with the new update and wow the game becomes more realistic
* Now the AI not try to hit a boundary in the last ball of the over it's random

* I had 2 bugs :
I played a shot to the deep square, 2 fielders ran to take the ball they didn't find it and the ball was stucked just in front of the boundary and my batsmen took unlimited runs so I had to quit and relaunch the match and the 2nd one is about the objectives of the match for example for this test I had to hit 30 fours I hit almost 20 fours there were not counted I'm stucked at 5 fours...

But I have suggestions :
* The AI fielders are supermen there is a lot of one handed catches and a lot of very extended jumps like CR7 to take the catches
* The dives to save the boundaries are missing
* The bowler doesn't field he doesn't take the ball which is next to him another fielder runs to take the ball
* Batsmen run very fast to take the runs it makes run out very rare and doubles and triples happened very often when it could only be a single
* LBW and Stumps are very rare too
* Every pitch looks very bouncy
* When we bowl with the fast bowlers the inswings go often behind the bastman and result to a wide ball it can be tuned

And questions :
* Will you introduce a proper DRS system with new rules? Whenever I take a review for a LBW I feel that it's out but it's not given and I can't know why...
* Can we have dangerous bouncers, destructive yorkers, full tosses and high full tosses with no ball?

I played 20 overs of Test match and a T20 match yesterday, Thank you very much BA for your work the game is awesome and getting better and better with every update

But I have suggestions :
* The AI fielders are supermen there is a lot of one handed catches and a lot of very extended jumps like CR7 to take the catches, they have to be tuned
* The dives to save the boundaries are here now but too much exagerated (yesterday Rahane jumps like CR7 to save a straight six which was hitting the board, impossible for a human to do that :D)
* The bowler doesn't field he doesn't take the ball which is next to him another fielder runs to take the ball
* Many mixup between the batsmen during their runs, they have to be tuned a bit
* Batsmen run very fast to take the runs it makes run out very rare and doubles and triples happened very often when it could only be a single, they have to be tuned
* Every pitch looks very bouncy
* Graphically there is a bug, the wicketkeeper or the batsman on the crease go through the bails, the bails look invisible... both shouldn't run through the bails and shouldn't run when nothing happened

And questions :
* Can we have dangerous bouncers, destructive yorkers, full tosses and high full tosses with no ball?

Thank you again and again BA! Keep it up!

Also in addition to above last match scores and form also should boost the players confidence...
Definitely if you are playing a series/tournament. It does carry over in the second innings (probably too much) and this is probably why the AI tends to get higher scores batting third or fourth. Example: Cook is on 68 confidence at the start of a second innings after scoring 35 in the first. Maybe have that second innings confidence be 50% of where the batsmen ended in the first innings.[DOUBLEPOST=1494319150][/DOUBLEPOST]
View attachment 187985 :

Show I need Raise the Difficulty ... To match up Slow down my run rate to Match up TEST Level
I would recommend trying batting up a level on Hard. If you have the batting guides on, you see them fractionally later and it does make a difference.

Last edited:
Are we expecting any patch today?:clap

For consoles, pleaase. we need a broader participation for the numerous patches rolled out.
I was asking about PC , consoles I think we need to wait until the build is stable and finalized .

This is the last thing I'll say about confidence, I don't wanna become a bore. The difference in how the AI bats in a second innings is noticeable. The shot selection is better: defensive, attacking and leaves all seem more appropriate. The run rate is is 3.11 compared with 2.8. I know the pitch could be a factor and I could still bowl them out for 150 at this point. There was a two or three over spell where I got three quick wickets, which to me still is not an issue, it happens, but the four wickets I've got in 34 overs feel more earned. Since the last wicket there's been a stabilising but without the run rate slowing.

I do think second innings confidence shouldn't be straight carried over from the first - half of where a player ended the previous innings would seem better.

This is the last thing I'll say about confidence, I don't wanna become a bore. The difference in how the AI bats in a second innings is noticeable. The shot selection is better: defensive, attacking and leaves all seem more appropriate. The run rate is is 3.11 compared with 2.8. I know the pitch could be a factor and I could still bowl them out for 150 at this point. There was a two or three over spell where I got three quick wickets, which to me still is not an issue, it happens, but the four wickets I've got in 34 overs feel more earned. Since the last wicket there's been a stabilising but without the run rate slowing.

I do think second innings confidence shouldn't be straight carried over from the first - half of where a player ended the previous innings would seem better.

I don't want to be a bore too (but I am). Have you clean bowled anyone or any LBW?

For consoles, pleaase. we need a broader participation for the numerous patches rolled out.

With all the great work going on with these pc patches I'm more than happy to wait. Honestly, I have never seen a developer work so hard on a daily basis to do the right thing and the feedback from the pic users is just fantastic. All developers should look at the way big ant are doing things.

Two clean bowled and a third bowled with what appeared to be an bottom edge/drag on. All with slow left arm.

Only on console here, but avidly reading the thread. It does seem that spin bowlers are getting a good wide range of dismissals most of the time, but pace bowlers are struggling with bowleds in particular and LBW's to a lesser extent.

One thing that we have been doing.

It just seems to be taking so long, Phew! And I know this means that the game is going to be more refined when the update hits Consoles. Can't wait to get my hands on the game with all the good stuff being rolled out.

With all the great work going on with these pc patches I'm more than happy to wait. Honestly, I have never seen a developer work so hard on a daily basis to do the right thing and the feedback from the pic users is just fantastic. All developers should look at the way big ant are doing things.

How can you read all the good stuff that is available and still wait ? I can't, I can't !! Away I go.

One thing that we have been doing.

It just seems to be taking so long, Phew! And I know this means that the game is going to be more refined when the update hits Consoles. Can't wait to get my hands on the game with all the good stuff being rolled out.

How can you read all the good stuff that is available and still wait ? I can't, I can't !! Away I go.

Same here too , even though i got PC version, my preference would always be PS4 PRO... Game runs amazingly smooth on PRO.

Users who are viewing this thread