Steam update for DBC17 released

Only on console here, but avidly reading the thread. It does seem that spin bowlers are getting a good wide range of dismissals most of the time, but pace bowlers are struggling with bowleds in particular and LBW's to a lesser extent.
The range of spinning dismissals is good. It feels like you can beat the bat with turn or a little extra pace, not so much with swing or extra pace.

My worry is: how do your program the AI to get out bowled and not have it look like a line of code was triggered. I know nothing about programming so I don't know how hard or easy it is. Apart from the smashes into the leg for bat pad catches most of the caught dismissals feel fairly realistic.

I played 20 overs of Test match and a T20 match yesterday, Thank you very much BA for your work the game is awesome and getting better and better with every update

But I have suggestions :
* The AI fielders are supermen there is a lot of one handed catches and a lot of very extended jumps like CR7 to take the catches, they have to be tuned
* The dives to save the boundaries are here now but too much exagerated (yesterday Rahane jumps like CR7 to save a straight six which was hitting the board, impossible for a human to do that :D)
* The bowler doesn't field he doesn't take the ball which is next to him another fielder runs to take the ball
* Many mixup between the batsmen during their runs, they have to be tuned a bit
* Batsmen run very fast to take the runs it makes run out very rare and doubles and triples happened very often when it could only be a single, they have to be tuned
* Every pitch looks very bouncy
* Graphically there is a bug, the wicketkeeper or the batsman on the crease go through the bails, the bails look invisible... both shouldn't run through the bails and shouldn't run when nothing happened

And questions :
* Can we have dangerous bouncers, destructive yorkers, full tosses and high full tosses with no ball?

Thank you again and again BA! Keep it up!

1 - There Are many Stats Difference , In Game Stats and on Board Stats . List is long enough both in Tour matches and Career .
2 - Also I have noticed now After the patch Batsman Left Leg Goes Outside If You miss the Ball And batsman Silly Try to back to crease Keeping Both legs and Bat in Air . I out 2-3 Time in 2 Games After the Patch

I noticed it too I had the same out once yesterday and in your video we can see the bug I've reported today : * Graphically there is a bug, the wicketkeeper or the batsman on the crease go through the bails, the bails look invisible... both shouldn't run through the bails and shouldn't run when nothing happened

The range of spinning dismissals is good. It feels like you can beat the bat with turn or a little extra pace, not so much with swing or extra pace.

My worry is: how do your program the AI to get out bowled and not have it look like a line of code was triggered. I know nothing about programming so I don't know how hard or easy it is. Apart from the smashes into the leg for bat pad catches most of the caught dismissals feel fairly realistic.

I've pretty much given up on finding a solution in this iteration. I'll lurk on the thread but until I see evidence I have spent enough time trying to eke something out that looks like a bowled.

I think you need to program AI to not have perfect foot movement and positioning, and then missing the ball takes care of itself. Franco is the expert on this though. I think I'll go back to batting or something else :)

Maybe it could be programmed some way to do with abilities: for example a player who is 20/100 would will play a bad shot often giving the opposition a chance. Maybe a player who is 90/100 would only play a bad shot 1 in 50 balls or something like that.
Obviously the difficulty comes when you're trying to sort out whether an lbw or a bowled is the result of a great ball, a poor shot or a mixture of both. I know that I personally like to think that the wickets I take are down to sublime bowling but on the other hand in order for it to feel like real cricket the AI should make mistakes as well. It's a very tricky one.......

I've pretty much given up on finding a solution in this iteration. I'll lurk on the thread but until I see evidence I have spent enough time trying to eke something out that looks like a bowled.

I think you need to program AI to not have perfect foot movement and positioning, and then missing the ball takes care of itself. Franco is the expert on this though. I think I'll go back to batting or something else :)
You maybe right, even tailenders can negotiate seemingly unplayable deliveries quite well. And then they go drag on a wider ball. :rolleyes

So you are not even playing the PC version......??? How is that helpful to them? This is the problem: only people who are playing the PC version of the game should give feedback on the state of play after the various patches......

He is just worried like all the Other Console Users about the lack of any Testing going on in the Online Front from the PC players ...

Or can we blame you guys when we sit with the same online issues :)

I have not seen any conclusive feedback that our biggest issues have been adressed , hence the worries continues.

In fact they seem to all remain , bar the Timer that can be disabled , based on the lone feedback from @chaman82 , and (1) other user.

Oh and then there is a "Workaround" , to the Preset field also from Chaman , that I`m not understanding fully as well . Do we have to create our Preset Fields with this setting enabled ?

Have you Closed User Group Testers not had a couple of Online Pro20 Games to test and report back to us ?

So yeah very worried.

PS. Great work on all the issues that HAS been fixed , a long and exhaustive list it has been , but you guys and @BigAntStudios team has done it , just need to close out the last remaining Online specific issues.

Last edited:
He is just worried like all the Other Console Users about the lack of any Testing going on in the Online Front from the PC players ...

Or can we blame you guys when we sit with the same online issues :)

I have not seen any conclusive feedback that our biggest issues have been adressed , hence the worries continues.

In fact they seem to all remain , bar the Timer that can be disabled , based on the lone feedback from @chaman82 , and (1) other user.

Oh and then there is a "Workaround" , to the Preset field also from Chaman , that I`m not understanding fully as well . Do we have to create our Preset Fields with this setting enabled ?

Have you Closed User Group Testers not had a couple of Online Pro20 Games to test and report back to us ?

So yeah very worried.

PS. Great work on all the issues that HAS been fixed , a long and exhaustive list it has been , but you guys and @BigAntStudios team has done it , just need to close out the last remaining Online specific issues.

Yes u have to set all ur fields presets to
"all form " match type

Edit the match type for ur existing field preset to "all form"

And yes all remaining problems are yet to be rectified.

I will list some.

. Cue run button problem, batsman going for the run and coming back and getting run-out.
. Stumping bug

It's very clear that the majority of members here don't play online , so there's less interest and feedback.

I finished my test and it felt like a proper low scoring test match. The edges that go to the keeper, slips and gully off fast bowling are glorious.

I really enjoyed it. I can't fault the game (before or after the recent patches) for at least being fun, I'd previously had lots of close T20 matches.

This was on Hard batting, Custom bowling (somewhere between hard and hardest) and Pro.

All the scorecard screenshots below if you're interested.
test match 1 - Album on Imgur

I finished my test and it felt like a proper low scoring test match. The edges that go to the keeper, slips and gully off fast bowling are glorious.

I really enjoyed it. I can't fault the game (before or after the recent patches) for at least being fun, I'd previously had lots of close T20 matches.

This was on Hard batting, Custom bowling (somewhere between hard and hardest) and Pro.

All the scorecard screenshots below if you're interested.
test match 1 - Album on Imgur

Try it on veteran, you might get the perfect balance.

Try it on veteran, you might get the perfect balance.
I might do but I want to make an Associates squad and see how that fairs against my big guns or actually play as the underdogs. I'll be honest I haven't seen much difference between Pro, Veteran and Legend in other forms. I don't think they make as much difference to the game as Batting and Bowling difficulty. If someone at Big Ant wants to tell me I'm wrong that's fine but that's been my experience.

Yes u have to set all ur fields presets to
"all form " match type

Edit the match type for ur existing field preset to "all form"

And yes all remaining problems are yet to be rectified.

I will list some.

. Cue run button problem, batsman going for the run and coming back and getting run-out.
. Stumping bug

It's very clear that the majority of members here don't play online , so there's less interest and feedback.

Hi Mate , seeing that your one of lone voices for Online on here :

Can you confirm that these other Major Online Irritations are still there :

1. Alot of Overthrows with Backup Fielders also disinterested in Stopping the Ball , keeper and bowler physically getting hit by rather rather than catching it
  2. Inner Ring Fielders very lazy and cannot effectively dive to stop balls , or throw quick throws at the Stumps (the Green marker randomly re-sets resulting in a loopy throw)
  3. Nicks are not audible 9/10 times
  4. Shots played from the Bowlers perspective are not seen bat on ball , resulting in random appeals as your not sure what transpired
  5. Random invisible Ball being bowled
  6. Bowler changing sides without that input given
  7. Bowler sometimes running from the next pitch in to bowl , then warps back last second to bowl.
  8. Fielders on the Boundary allways slides over the rope whilst trying to cut of boundaries
  9. 9/10 times , fielders cannot tap the ball on the boundary back in time , allways reaching boundary and ball at the same moment.
  10. Pitches re-setting after Saving a match
  11. Receiver of a Saved Match invite , dont have any access to Pre-set Fields , logo`s buggered up , and most names cencored
  12. Cencored Names for alot of players
  13. Nicks from Spinners are not caught by keeper , he does not even react , only way to get any chance , is to set keeper position to back
  14. Bouncers by Fast Bowlers , are sometimes just left by keeper with no effort to catch it .
  15. @mikeymerren , @MattW , @HBK619 I would appreciate some feedback on these from you guys as well .

5 Runs Via Only Running ...[DOUBLEPOST=1494349050][/DOUBLEPOST]
upload_2017-5-9_22-26-7.png

Have been thinking a bit about the bowled and lbw issue and how thats probably related to the error margin so here's a suggestion, although I have no idea how viable it is re putting out in a patch or build. How about linking the length colour/picking up of the length to the judgement stat, which seems not to do anything at the moment- the length reading is always 100% even for Courtney Walsh. If the judgement affected how accurately one picked up length, that might solve a whole lot of problems. So now you have tail enders playing back and missing full balls etc. It would also make things a whole lot more interesting in career mode as your judgement improves and you learn to trust your "instincts" more and more as you develop as a player.

Hi Mate , seeing that your one of lone voices for Online on here :

Can you confirm that these other Major Online Irritations are still there :

1. Alot of Overthrows with Backup Fielders also disinterested in Stopping the Ball , keeper and bowler physically getting hit by rather rather than catching it
  2. Inner Ring Fielders very lazy and cannot effectively dive to stop balls , or throw quick throws at the Stumps (the Green marker randomly re-sets resulting in a loopy throw)
  3. Nicks are not audible 9/10 times
  4. Shots played from the Bowlers perspective are not seen bat on ball , resulting in random appeals as your not sure what transpired
  5. Random invisible Ball being bowled
  6. Bowler changing sides without that input given
  7. Bowler sometimes running from the next pitch in to bowl , then warps back last second to bowl.
  8. Fielders on the Boundary allways slides over the rope whilst trying to cut of boundaries
  9. 9/10 times , fielders cannot tap the ball on the boundary back in time , allways reaching boundary and ball at the same moment.
  10. Pitches re-setting after Saving a match
  11. Receiver of a Saved Match invite , dont have any access to Pre-set Fields , logo`s buggered up , and most names cencored
  12. Cencored Names for alot of players
  13. Nicks from Spinners are not caught by keeper , he does not even react , only way to get any chance , is to set keeper position to back
  14. Bouncers by Fast Bowlers , are sometimes just left by keeper with no effort to catch it .
  15. @mikeymerren , @MattW , @HBK619 I would appreciate some feedback on these from you guys as well .

I'm Afraid all the points are still to b solved.

Users who are viewing this thread