Steam update for DBC17 released

The range of spinning dismissals is good. It feels like you can beat the bat with turn or a little extra pace, not so much with swing or extra pace.

My worry is: how do your program the AI to get out bowled and not have it look like a line of code was triggered. I know nothing about programming so I don't know how hard or easy it is. Apart from the smashes into the leg for bat pad catches most of the caught dismissals feel fairly realistic.
Like I have said it worked in DBC 14

Your problem is get best. It is not necessarily the "best". Many of those teams were created way back at release and never updated

I've not done a get best or anything, and when I play for WA at the Perth Cricket Ground, the commentartors always call it Sussex Oval.

I figured it was just a limitation of using the same ground for different teams, a la Fifa... I'm on PS4 though so this is not in relation to this patch, more a general observation and to point out I don't think it's due to get best.

It Seems that Now , There is Change in mindset about DBC17 after the this Patch . (Still Some important Things need to change)

Steam Reviews changed from Mixed to Very Positive ..

upload_2017-5-10_8-2-23.png

So the good news is I had a clean bowled in a test.

The bad news was while I was spectating an AI v AI match on Pro mode, so they would probably be all out for 80 anyway.

I've not done a get best or anything, and when I play for WA at the Perth Cricket Ground, the commentartors always call it Sussex Oval.

I figured it was just a limitation of using the same ground for different teams, a la Fifa... I'm on PS4 though so this is not in relation to this patch, more a general observation and to point out I don't think it's due to get best.
I take it you've downloaded the WACA from the academy??? (Sorry If I seem thick).

At least it's better than them calling it the Furnace...?[DOUBLEPOST=1494401585][/DOUBLEPOST]
So the good news is I had a clean bowled in a test.

The bad news was while I was spectating an AI v AI match on Pro mode, so they would probably be all out for 80 anyway.
Does seem to be in the code and does happen...? Fixable.

I finished my ODI and lost after a pathetic batting display. The AI got 240. If I hadn't got them down to 23 for 3 early on there's a good chance 300 would've been on the cards. Fields were good and scoring rates from the AI were. It was very good.

It got me thinking though, this business with not enough bowleds or lbw. Could it be solved by just moving the default guard of the batsman? After putting in a lot of overs I know how it must be like to bowl to Steve Smith, except there are 11 of them. Wide on the offside gets punished, anything on middle and leg gets flicked away down the legside, if you hit the pads the batsman has already taken a stride to get out of the line. I do the same when I bat. I do change guard, but a tap on the left stick takes them too far, I'd rather they went only a little to one side.

Here is a poor diagram of what I mean.

in30TeP.png

You can change the default guard by switching controllers and moving the batsmen. It seems to stick when you go back to bowling.[DOUBLEPOST=1494401672][/DOUBLEPOST]

It was a wild drive at a full ball. I really want to sort of beat the defensive prod and send the stumps flying, but yes something seems to be lurking somewhere in the game that allows you to bowl people with pacers in tests.

You can change the default guard by switching controllers and moving the batsmen. It seems to stick when you go back to bowling.[DOUBLEPOST=1494401672][/DOUBLEPOST]

It was a wild drive at a full ball. I really want to sort of beat the defensive prod and send the stumps flying, but yes something seems to be lurking somewhere in the game that allows you to bowl people with pacers in tests.
This was corrected in the last patch for DBC14 so I would think they'll get it soon. After that patch you could watch a movie on the bails... So to speak but it was improved and looked very realistic.

This was corrected in the last patch for DBC14 so I would think they'll get it soon. After that patch you could watch a movie on the bails... So to speak but it was improved and looked very realistic.

They bizarrely patched getting bowled almost completely in DBC14. It was one of the most bizarre 'fixes' to a game I have ever seen. If ever there was a time you wanted to roll back to a previous version that was it.

I take it you've downloaded the WACA from the academy??? (Sorry If I seem thick).

At least it's better than them calling it the Furnace...?[DOUBLEPOST=1494401585][/DOUBLEPOST]

Nooooo I haven't touched the academy. That's way too adventurous for me!

I'm vanilla. 100% out of the box and they still call it Sussex Oval.

Hence why I called it Perth Oval or whatever the default is :P

Nooooo I haven't touched the academy. That's way too adventurous for me!

I'm vanilla. 100% out of the box and they still call it Sussex Oval.

Hence why I called it Perth Oval or whatever the default is :P
Then your point is rather invalid don't you think? If you have default stadiums it would then refer to them as their default names. Sussex Oval is the default in game stadium. I was referring to someone whom had downloaded "get best" and was wondering why they were not up to date.

I'm having a bit of trouble installing the latest update. Downloaded 100% but stuck on unpacking. Any ideas people?

I finished my ODI and lost after a pathetic batting display. The AI got 240. If I hadn't got them down to 23 for 3 early on there's a good chance 300 would've been on the cards. Fields were good and scoring rates from the AI were. It was very good.

It got me thinking though, this business with not enough bowleds or lbw. Could it be solved by just moving the default guard of the batsman? After putting in a lot of overs I know how it must be like to bowl to Steve Smith, except there are 11 of them. Wide on the offside gets punished, anything on middle and leg gets flicked away down the legside, if you hit the pads the batsman has already taken a stride to get out of the line. I do the same when I bat. I do change guard, but a tap on the left stick takes them too far, I'd rather they went only a little to one side.

Here is a poor diagram of what I mean.

in30TeP.png
This could probably help with the bowled and lbw problem but one thing I've noticed is that there is no defensive block where the bat is tucked into the pad which accounts, particularly in tests, for more lbws. Everything is played away from the body with the pad no where near the bat.

Users who are viewing this thread