Steam update for DBC17 released

I had one defensive prod that went to short leg, but in general it looks quite contrived. A big drive sort of thuds into the pad and then balloons up. This can happen 3-4 times an innings.[DOUBLEPOST=1494409381][/DOUBLEPOST]Getting bowled

I had a thought today, if we really can't fit clean bowled into the game mechanics. Make a sort of edge that goes straight behind and doesn't make a noise? At least then it looks and feels authentic. (Or if that can already happen, make it more common). As worse batsmen edge the ball more, so they will also get clean bowled more, a win win.

I suggested some nicks having no audio anyway to get me using DRS more!!

Yeah I know what you mean. Having the batsman's guard would at least introduce the possibility of trapping them in front of the stumps playing a drive. Like I said, whenever I hit the pads they are usually well outside the line. Anything straight is defended or put down legside. The near nonexistence of lbws is more noticeable to me.

I have had four clean bowled in my last 30 wickets which is actually not far off a realistic average. Two more and it'd be 1% off what it is. Maybe the next thirty wickets I take I get 8.
How many of the clean bowled were off good length deliveries versus yorkers?

There's a stat breakdown of dismissals in ODI's here: Stats: Diminishing number of 'bowled' dismissals in Cricket and [perviously posted] for tests here: Blogs: Analysing Test dismissals across the ages | Cricket Blogs | ESPN Cricinfo It would be nice if we could get a little closer to these in DBC17...though I accept that this may not be easy.

Guys.. I know i have been a jerk past few days looking for dynamic lineups.. But now i am over it!! I have understood the concept of this thread.. So starting afresh i am adding two things that i want to see in next patch-
1) Just like international team ratings, there can international player rating points.
2) Also man of the series or tournament concept can be added in the game( just give it to the player who has achieved most number of MOM).
I know i am asking a lot.. But yeah these two features can add a whole new dimension to the game which is already very smooth and fantastic.

Hi Mate , seeing that your one of lone voices for Online on here :

Can you confirm that these other Major Online Irritations are still there :

1. Alot of Overthrows with Backup Fielders also disinterested in Stopping the Ball , keeper and bowler physically getting hit by rather rather than catching it
  2. Inner Ring Fielders very lazy and cannot effectively dive to stop balls , or throw quick throws at the Stumps (the Green marker randomly re-sets resulting in a loopy throw)
  3. Nicks are not audible 9/10 times
  4. Shots played from the Bowlers perspective are not seen bat on ball , resulting in random appeals as your not sure what transpired
  5. Random invisible Ball being bowled
  6. Bowler changing sides without that input given
  7. Bowler sometimes running from the next pitch in to bowl , then warps back last second to bowl.
  8. Fielders on the Boundary allways slides over the rope whilst trying to cut of boundaries
  9. 9/10 times , fielders cannot tap the ball on the boundary back in time , allways reaching boundary and ball at the same moment.
  10. Pitches re-setting after Saving a match
  11. Receiver of a Saved Match invite , dont have any access to Pre-set Fields , logo`s buggered up , and most names cencored
  12. Cencored Names for alot of players
  13. Nicks from Spinners are not caught by keeper , he does not even react , only way to get any chance , is to set keeper position to back
  14. Bouncers by Fast Bowlers , are sometimes just left by keeper with no effort to catch it .
  15. @mikeymerren , @MattW , @HBK619 I would appreciate some feedback on these from you guys as well .
I'm Afraid all the points are still to b solved.

So it seems that @BigAntStudios still has 14 fixes to achieve before the Online side is fixed .

Would really be a major let down , if they have overlooked this and submitted the Patches to the Console owners already.

Lets hope the (2) days without updates means they are going non stop on the Online Side.

I finished my ODI and lost after a pathetic batting display. The AI got 240. If I hadn't got them down to 23 for 3 early on there's a good chance 300 would've been on the cards. Fields were good and scoring rates from the AI were. It was very good.

It got me thinking though, this business with not enough bowleds or lbw. Could it be solved by just moving the default guard of the batsman? After putting in a lot of overs I know how it must be like to bowl to Steve Smith, except there are 11 of them. Wide on the offside gets punished, anything on middle and leg gets flicked away down the legside, if you hit the pads the batsman has already taken a stride to get out of the line. I do the same when I bat. I do change guard, but a tap on the left stick takes them too far, I'd rather they went only a little to one side.

Here is a poor diagram of what I mean.

in30TeP.png

Thanks for the effort on coming up with the diagram. i won't call it poor :)
This is really a well made point & something i have been wondering for a while. DBC 14 had a pretty similar guard (blue) & i always felt DBC17 guard is a bit odd with leg stump guard showing all 3 stumps & easy chance of nick while driving on off for good length balls. not sure if it was intentionally designed this way in current game.

Guys.. I know i have been a jerk past few days looking for dynamic lineups.. But now i am over it!! I have understood the concept of this thread..

:thumbs

So starting afresh i am adding two things that i want to see in next patch-
1) Just like international team ratings, there can international player rating points.
2) Also man of the series or tournament concept can be added in the game( just give it to the player who has achieved most number of MOM).
I know i am asking a lot.. But yeah these two features can add a whole new dimension to the game which is already very smooth and fantastic.

Post them here on the suggestions thread: Don Bradman Cricket 17 - Suggestions | Page 38 - Don Bradman Cricket 17 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

Thanks for the effort on coming up with the diagram. i won't call it poor :)
This is really a well made point & something i have been wondering for a while. DBC 14 had a pretty similar guard (blue) & i always felt DBC17 guard is a bit odd with leg stump guard showing all 3 stumps & easy chance of nick while driving on off for good length balls. not sure if it was intentionally designed this way in current game.
I bat with Pro Cam...so the only time I realise where I'm standing is on the replays of me getting out in one clumsy fashion or another. I do like the extra mobility in the crease in DBC 17 much better than DBC14)...but I do need a way of seeing where I am or being able to hit a button to take me back to the default. Once I start moving, I'm never sure of where I end up.

I bat with Pro Cam...so the only time I realise where I'm standing is on the replays of me getting out in one clumsy fashion or another. I do like the extra mobility in the crease in DBC 17 much better than DBC14)...but I do need a way of seeing where I am or being able to hit a button to take me back to the default. Once I start moving, I'm never sure of where I end up.

While batting in pro cam in DBC 14 , u could watch ur guard while checking batsman confidence.
No way to do that in dbc17

How many of the clean bowled were off good length deliveries versus yorkers?

There's a stat breakdown of dismissals in ODI's here: Stats: Diminishing number of 'bowled' dismissals in Cricket and [perviously posted] for tests here: Blogs: Analysing Test dismissals across the ages | Cricket Blogs | ESPN Cricinfo It would be nice if we could get a little closer to these in DBC17...though I accept that this may not be easy.
0 of those four. One was a Starc yorker to Jimmy Anderson. The other were full length turners. I've actually started checking on the big lines or big eyes after bowling a couple of good length balls with each bowler to see where it's trajectory and adjusting the length accordingly if I'm looking to hit the stumps. It seems to vary depending on the height of the bowler, speed and quality of the pitch and often a good length will be going over the stumps.

So it seems that @BigAntStudios still has 14 fixes to achieve before the Online side is fixed .

Would really be a major let down , if they have overlooked this and submitted the Patches to the Console owners already.

Lets hope the (2) days without updates means they are going non stop on the Online Side.

If it makes you feel any better I asked them on twitter the other day how much they still had left to do and they said that online was now the primary focus. That was on Saturday so it seems likely an online focused patch might appear soon

If it makes you feel any better I asked them on twitter the other day how much they still had left to do and they said that online was now the primary focus. That was on Saturday so it seems likely an online focused patch might appear soon

Thats great to hear !

Big Ant, MattW...

Can the economy rate shown for bowler when he comes on to bowl. It's currently missing , but economy rate is very critical to judge bowler. A batsman will have added benefit to know if we are good enough to score against that bowlers who has higher economy rates.

Users who are viewing this thread