Steam update for DBC17 released

I started career mode couple of days ago and I have been made captain , I choose the lineup for one match, the same line up is not saved for next match every time I had to shuffle the lineups .
I don't know if this bug , but if the saved lineup can be maintained than it will help a lot.

Guys.. I know i have been a jerk past few days looking for dynamic lineups.. But now i am over it!! I have understood the concept of this thread.. So starting afresh i am adding two things that i want to see in next patch-
1) Just like international team ratings, there can international player rating points.
2) Also man of the series or tournament concept can be added in the game( just give it to the player who has achieved most number of MOM).
I know i am asking a lot.. But yeah these two features can add a whole new dimension to the game which is already very smooth and fantastic.

You've seen the problem...? Didn't know anyone else could be as annoying as me...! All good but not sure if doable in the current game maybe next time... ?

I started career mode couple of days ago and I have been made captain , I choose the lineup for one match, the same line up is not saved for next match every time I had to shuffle the lineups .
I don't know if this bug , but if the saved lineup can be maintained than it will help a lot.
Maybe we can implement a save for the line ups on the career screen or, save different line ups for different pitch conditions... Just a thought?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you get the pitch details in that lineup screen I thought the first you knew of the pitch is when the game loads (after an age on Xbox one). Thats where we really need the team selection screen.

Can you get the pitch details in that lineup screen I thought the first you knew of the pitch is when the game loads (after an age on Xbox one). Thats where we really need the team selection screen.
It has been mentioned about knowing the pitch conditions before setting the line up so if a spinning wicket you can pick two spinners and the make the necessary changes. This I though would be a plus and should be implemented hopefully in the next patch.[DOUBLEPOST=1494436571][/DOUBLEPOST]
Any news on when the PS4 patch is coming?
Tuesday... In, some times in the future.

Patience, when all the testing is done and the increments for the steam version have been perfected we'll get the patch. Have something to live for and be happy when it comes!

Then your point is rather invalid don't you think? If you have default stadiums it would then refer to them as their default names. Sussex Oval is the default in game stadium. I was referring to someone whom had downloaded "get best" and was wondering why they were not up to date.
I think he's thinking in his own head about the Perth Oval 'we' always have those dreams of the best cricket ground in the Universe!!! I take it we can change the name and the commentators pick up on this?

Being honest, you didn't really grasp the dynamic line ups thing did you! When everyone was telling you, No!!! Move on!!!

In a nut shell, I'm agreeing but feel they're not easy to implement, the points you made, that is.

Last edited by a moderator:
The AI can bat. Fairly well as it happens. Although I didn't know it was a 43 over match until the end of the 43rd over. :facepalm

W4CF1Uv.jpg

Then your point is rather invalid don't you think? If you have default stadiums it would then refer to them as their default names. Sussex Oval is the default in game stadium. I was referring to someone whom had downloaded "get best" and was wondering why they were not up to date.
My point was that Perth Oval is referred to as Sussex Oval by the commentators by default, so what hope does an academy stadium have of being referred to as the correct name by the commentators as per OP's question. I would even suggest its a bug. If not and they just didn't record the names of all the default stadia, that's just a little lazy in my opinion.

So is there an easy way to get it back so that we get stadiums called by the correct name and type so that for example the middlesex club tournament isn't being held in cape town and wellington but where it should be in grounds with minimal stands and people to give the games the correct feel.Would be nice if the commentators could give context as well as the game info for example i was in the final but the game was listed as knock out game and the only thing to indicate it was a final was that there was a trophy at the end.These are only small things but they make the game feel better.

The AI can bat. Fairly well as it happens. Although I didn't know it was a 43 over match until the end of the 43rd over. :facepalm

W4CF1Uv.jpg

This was a problem with DBC '14 too. Sometimes (in fact nearly always) a rain delayed, duckworth-lewis scored match wouldn't let you know in any intelligible way how long the match was for. :(

So is there an easy way to get it back so that we get stadiums called by the correct name and type so that for example the middlesex club tournament isn't being held in cape town and wellington but where it should be in grounds with minimal stands and people to give the games the correct feel.Would be nice if the commentators could give context as well as the game info for example i was in the final but the game was listed as knock out game and the only thing to indicate it was a final was that there was a trophy at the end.These are only small things but they make the game feel better.
I think its better to turn the commentary off..i don't think any improvement can be done in this iteration.Once i ran a leg bye of a no ball, the commentator said that's a solid two:facepalm

W4CF1Uv.jpg

50 over format is definitely the one where the AI performs best batting-wise in my experience. Or at least it's the most difficult to take wickets. Possible Big Ant could work off that when trying to make the AI more robust in test matches?

W4CF1Uv.jpg

Try playing a few Tests as well. I hope AI plunders you for hundreds of runs and you are in the field for a couple of days :yes

Can anyone tell me if the stadium icon sticks now on the updates? Usually I find they go back to the BA logo each time I launch game.

Not a biggie I know but you PC guys seem to have the major ones covered.

Also has there been any plans to reintroduce the Take Screenshot option and possibly use that upon ground selection, instead of just seeing that random Icon thingy. I'm sure this was the reason it was in at first. It would have been a smart feature to have. If the bugs that caused its omission are fixed can't it be reintroduced?

Users who are viewing this thread