Steam update for DBC17 released

This could probably help with the bowled and lbw problem but one thing I've noticed is that there is no defensive block where the bat is tucked into the pad which accounts, particularly in tests, for more lbws. Everything is played away from the body with the pad no where near the bat.

So how are you guys getting bat-pad dismissals?

So how are you guys getting bat-pad dismissals?

I had one defensive prod that went to short leg, but in general it looks quite contrived. A big drive sort of thuds into the pad and then balloons up. This can happen 3-4 times an innings.[DOUBLEPOST=1494409381][/DOUBLEPOST]Getting bowled

I had a thought today, if we really can't fit clean bowled into the game mechanics. Make a sort of edge that goes straight behind and doesn't make a noise? At least then it looks and feels authentic. (Or if that can already happen, make it more common). As worse batsmen edge the ball more, so they will also get clean bowled more, a win win.

would it be possible to add a Gameplay Modifier for pad bounce? altough i love how it is now

All this talk of getting wickets via being clean bowled made me think. I can’t remember any cricket game that I played, BLC 99 on wards, where I got a lot of wickets being clean bowled. Most have been caught, edges, some lbw’s with pacers etc. it was like I won the lottery when I got a clean bowled wicket. With Spin it’s a different story I got more bowled wickets and LBW’s plus the rest. The only game where I got wickets via hitting the stumps with pacers was in BLC 2005 as the tailenders couldn’t bat to save their life lol. Please note I have played all my cricket games on consoles. i really hope my memory isn't playing tricks on me :lol

I can see how hard it is to get right in a game but i am sure it can be achieved. @BigAntStudios really appreciate the patches and hard work. looking forward to the console patch.:thumbs

Last edited:
I had one defensive prod that went to short leg, but in general it looks quite contrived. A big drive sort of thuds into the pad and then balloons up. This can happen 3-4 times an innings.

I dont want to come across as negative here, but that doesn't sound great at all. I was thinking the bat-pad dismissals were as a result of defensive play with batsman misjudging the line of the ball and getting a genuine inside edge.

BLIC 2005 was for me the only one where dismissals were absolutely bang on. (I am not sure you could get stumpings though)

I dont want to come across as negative here, but that doesn't sound great at all. I was thinking the bat-pad dismissals were as a result of defensive play with batsman misjudging the line of the ball and getting a genuine inside edge.

It's better than nothing. It was always clear that was what the bat pads would be because those were the only way we were ever getting any even falling short.

Without some elements of bat pad there is no point in close fielders and the whole side of captaincy and choosing your field and balancing attack and defence disappears.

They could be toned down a bit vs pace and on certain pitches or early in the match

No patch update two days in a row. I... I don't know what to do...

BLIC 2005 was for me the only one where dismissals were absolutely bang on. (I am not sure you could get stumpings though)

Cant remember stumpings or even Run outs. you have to admit the reason why it felt right is because the tailenders where so bad they could get bowled from an underarm delivery lol.

It's better than nothing. It was always clear that was what the bat pads would be because those were the only way we were ever getting any even falling short.

Without some elements of bat pad there is no point in close fielders and the whole side of captaincy and choosing your field and balancing attack and defence disappears.

They could be toned down a bit vs pace and on certain pitches or early in the match

Yes it is better than nothing but needs to be toned down.

Cant remember stumpings or even Run outs. you have to admit the reason why it felt right is because the tailenders where so bad they could get bowled from an underarm delivery lol.

No i used to edit the tailenders up, they were too useless. I remember being able the fine control of the swing and the confidence going up and down as you beat the bat.. It was a really fun bowling sim and with respect I think it still beats DBC. The only irritating thing was all the flicks down to fine leg for six when you strayed onto the pads. I'd be playing it now if I could get the DRM stuff to work. I think it came on 6 CD's! It had aggression, varied dismissals, easy field changes, different pitches, the lot.

This could probably help with the bowled and lbw problem but one thing I've noticed is that there is no defensive block where the bat is tucked into the pad which accounts, particularly in tests, for more lbws. Everything is played away from the body with the pad no where near the bat.
Yeah I know what you mean. Having the batsman's guard would at least introduce the possibility of trapping them in front of the stumps playing a drive. Like I said, whenever I hit the pads they are usually well outside the line. Anything straight is defended or put down legside. The near nonexistence of lbws is more noticeable to me.

I have had four clean bowled in my last 30 wickets which is actually not far off a realistic average. Two more and it'd be 1% off what it is. Maybe the next thirty wickets I take I get 8.

Yeah I know what you mean. Having the batsman's guard would at least introduce the possibility of trapping them in front of the stumps playing a drive. Like I said, whenever I hit the pads they are usually well outside the line. Anything straight is defended or put down legside. The near nonexistence of lbws is more noticeable to me.

I have had four clean bowled in my last 30 wickets which is actually not far off a realistic average. Two more and it'd be 1% off what it is. Maybe the next thirty wickets I take I get 8.

Let me know if you get anything with pace clean bowled by moving their stance. I have too much work on to really further test this.

No i used to edit the tailenders up, they were too useless. I remember being able the fine control of the swing and the confidence going up and down as you beat the bat.. It was a really fun bowling sim and with respect I think it still beats DBC. The only irritating thing was all the flicks down to fine leg for six when you strayed onto the pads. I'd be playing it now if I could get the DRM stuff to work. I think it came on 6 CD's! It had aggression, varied dismissals, easy field changes, different pitches, the lot.

One thing i remember on the PS2 the CPU was poor at chasing. The best format in that game was Test matches.

Users who are viewing this thread