Steam update for DBC17 released

Comes down to mentality I guess. Cook looked to defend way more than Buttler or Stokes
Mentality should in many respects be linked to match situation or, a pig headed single minded mentality to do what they the batsman wish meaning larger ego's in the team...? Comes down to management.

This obviously could be controlled by a slider.

Mentality should in many respects be linked to match situation or, a pig headed single minded mentality to do what they the batsman wish meaning larger ego's in the team...? Comes down to management.

This obviously could be controlled by a slider.
I agree with that completely but again, coding something like that might be a little complicated. Cricket is always going to be that game that has soooo many intricacies that seem to advanced for AI.

Have you been watching your own stream? Craziness going on there. We need clarification. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I don't know why you are surprised, it's England batting!

For those of you not watching the stream here's a quick update:

AI that batted first made around 240. 1 LBW, few catches behind and a few more in the outfield.

AI batting second currently on 72/8 (don't know about the wickets as I haven't been watching that closely)

Seems that quick pitch wear is on though...... we think

I don't know why you are surprised, it's England batting!

For those of you not watching the stream here's a quick update:

AI that batted first made around 240. 1 LBW, few catches behind and a few more in the outfield.

AI batting second currently on 72/8 (don't know about the wickets as I haven't been watching that closely)

Seems that quick pitch wear is on though...... we think
Would love to see a screen of the scorecard, seems every time I open an email Eng lose another!!

At least quick wear is making an impact if that is indeed the case!

The real test will be now as it's the 3rd innings. If the team who originally posted 220 don't struggle at all in their second innings on a crumbling pitch then we know something is amiss

The real test will be now as it's the 3rd innings. If the team who originally posted 220 don't struggle at all in their second innings on a crumbling pitch then we know something is amiss
They're currently 63/2[DOUBLEPOST=1494510501][/DOUBLEPOST]One thing I have noticed is how the AI never bowls straight. Part of the reason I have watched was to see bowled/LBW frequency but they hardly ever bowl on the stumps. Maybe 3 in 4 overs are hitting the stumps. This is far too rare.

They're currently 63/2[DOUBLEPOST=1494510501][/DOUBLEPOST]One thing I have noticed is how the AI never bowls straight. Part of the reason I have watched was to see bowled/LBW frequency but they hardly ever bowl on the stumps. Maybe 3 in 4 overs are hitting the stumps. This is far too rare.

Do the speed modfiers also affect bounce as the bowlers are hitting the pitch harder? If this is the case if the bowlers were bowling at their normal pace maybe they wouldn't be getting as much bouce and less would go over the top of the stumps?

AI vs AI is a bit of a waste of time as the bowling is consistently rubbish (I wonder why though)?

Batsmen just shovel the ball in the air and get caught. It doesn't make for much of a spectacle.

I just wanted to see if there were any bowled's, and I was actually away for most of the afternoon.

Turns out there was one on Pro mode, but you can only really see it by bowling yourself. Has anyone had the time to today?

@MattW very happy to see new update
AI vs AI is a bit of a waste of time as the bowling is consistently rubbish (I wonder why though)?

Batsmen just shovel the ball in the air and get caught. It doesn't make for much of a spectacle.

I just wanted to see if there were any bowled's, and I was actually away for most of the afternoon.

Turns out there was one on Pro mode, but you can only really see it by bowling yourself. Has anyone had the time to today?
yeah i agree. AI vs AI bowling is rubbish.The numbers of bowled and lbw are very rare.There was rare bowled out by spinners but not by seamers and never seen a lbw in all the AI vs AI matches ive seen.Even playing the game i got only 2 bowled out,both by spinners and no lbw.I also watched some overs of your twitch.
I will test the new update when ill be at home with both watching AI vs AI(t20) and also playing a match possibly ODI or t20.

Last edited:
@MattW very happy to see new update

yeah i agree. AI vs AI bowling is rubbish.The numbers of bowled and lbw are very rare.There was rare bowled out by spinners but not by seamers and never seen a lbw in all the AI vs AI matches ive seen.Even playing the game i got only 2 bowled out,both by spinners and no lbw.I also watched some overs of your twitch.
I will test the new update when ill be at home with both watching AI vs AI(t20) and also playing a match possibly ODI or t20.

It's also that they hardly ever bowl in the green zone.

Sure it isn't the point of the game, as I am often told, but it is nice to relax and watch what might happen if these teams play while working, and I find it strange that they don't bowl as well as they do at the human opponents.

Just got 5 wickets including a hat-trick in a test innings with the "slash ball onto pad and get caught at silly mid-on" dismissal. Hate to sound like a buzzkill but it's getting to the point where I'd rather they just completely removed that shot again...

I really don't want to reach a point where if you want the AI to make a good total there are just some field positions you should never use, because I feel like that is the case currently.

Just got 5 wickets including a hat-trick in a test innings with the "slash ball onto pad and get caught at silly mid-on" dismissal. Hate to sound like a buzzkill but it's getting to the point where I'd rather they just completely removed that shot again...

I really don't want to reach a point where if you want the AI to make a good total there are just some field positions you should never use, because I feel like that is the case currently.

That's my concern as well. Looks like it's quite easy to roll over AI batsmen and you will need to simulate the AI innings to get a competitive total.

Users who are viewing this thread