Steam update for DBC17 released

20170512114618_1.jpg
I'm happy to report that at least it is possible now and we aren't just playing baseball with a bigger bat. It was a prod, he totally missed the ball, and got castled. Veteran mode, hardest bowling.

I think for catches, well I'll have to reload for say half of them, and then with all that in place out comes some really fine test matches.

Fantastic work by big ant with all these frequent updates to steam...i am glad the game is coming up really well....it seems mostly the offline side of the game is very sorted...was really hoping that the patch comes soon on console...i know it is important that all issues are sorted before releasing the console patch but there has to be some time limit...maybe its my impatience speaking but would really really love to get the console patch soon...

PS: Has the career stats been completely sorted? and has the superhuman WK been sorted in the latest build?

The only thing to do about the excessive bat pads is reload (unless it happens first or second ball of the over). It is a bit contrived, but that reduces the occurances by two thirds! I also do that with slogs in the air in tests.

What difficulty were you streaming at @wasteyouryouth ? For me it has to be veteran and hardest bowling, else they will fold.

Veteran and a custom setting that is between hard and hardest.

@blockerdave (RE: your point about gameplay modifiers) I'd made some changes to sliders. Although far fewer than I thought I will reset them to default, it is pointless to not at least play the latest build as it was intended.

Thanks to BA for their perfect support, to all those who are playing dbc17 on PC after latest patch, can u confirm if below have been already addressed or not
- Unnecessary overthrows
- run out bug
- in tour mode, after completing the match, in calendar menu it keep showing play match the same game that already finished instead showing scorecard on that game and show play match on next game
- in tournament mode, KO matches still show play match instead of showing scorecard and proceed to next match after completing the game
- leg and off cutters are bigger than leg & off spin
- after toss umpire facing the wrong captain irrespective of toss result
- multiple same player pick by AI in career mode after doing get best even
- player earned stats like in dbc14
- latest kits are not reflecting even in casual game
- on legend mode, AI batting intelligence (as in t20 they can be all out in 7-8 overs by putting both end spinners and place 2 fielders on deep off side and make ur line on off stump)
- no rain is showing at rain D/L situtaion
- set field keep auto changing

@chintoo02018 @blockerdave Thanks in advance for ur comments.

Last edited:
Thanks to BA for their perfect support, to all those who are playing dbc17 on PC after latest patch, can u confirm if below have been already addressed or not
- Unnecessary overthrows
- run out bug
- in tour mode, after completing the match, in calendar menu it keep showing play match the same game that already finished instead showing scorecard on that game and show play match on next game
- in tournament mode, KO matches still show play match instead of showing scorecard and proceed to next match after completing the game
- leg and off cutters are bigger than leg & off spin
- after toss umpire facing the wrong captain irrespective of toss result
- multiple same player pick by AI in career mode after doing get best even
- player earned stats like in dbc14
- latest kits are not reflecting even in casual game
- on legend mode, AI batting intelligence (as in t20 they can be all out in 7-8 overs by putting both end spinners and place 2 fielders on deep off side and make ur line on off stump)
- no rain is showing at rain D/L situtaion
- set field keep auto changing
Thanks for ur comments.

Yeah some if not all of these would be good to know as the revisions go on. Especially the overthrows, run out bug (haven't herard if that's been fixed, but no-one's been complaining of it since), set field auto changing (that's been said to be fixed, but others have said "still happening, just not so much".

Some might say, "we already said it's fixed" about some of them, but when you're talking 3 revisions and 20 pages back, it's hard to know if you're a waiting console 2nd-level customer like me. :p

Ok folks I watched a Test played live on twitch by @wasteyouryouth. It was a Test match between two World XI teams on a flattish surface. I watched till the 40th over on Day 1 and World XI were 119/7. The user had a pretty liberal field set for the AI with no mid on for the pacer and generally no fielder in the Covers region and yet AI batsmen made way too many mistakes. Some of my observations which I had made while following threads and feedback from Steam/PC community was confirmed...

1. AI batting is too fragile. It's a matter of time and the AI batsman will make a mistake.
2. AI batsmen are still conservative while running between the wkts. I saw plenty of times that the ball went to the vacant mid on area and mid off had to move all the way to field the ball and AI didn't a run. Same with other times when there was chance for an easy 2 and AI barely took a single. IMO this lax running between the wkts also contributes to sub-par AI totals as they leave too many runs on the field.
3. Spinners are way too over-powered. As soon as spin was introduced the AI crumbled from 80 odd for 2 to 110 odd for 6. It looked as if spinner would take a wkt every over even on a decent surface in Sessions 1 and 2 on Day 1!
4. As blocker already mentioned the frequency of bat pads is too high. Nearly every over had a drive edged on to the pad and I shudder to think what would've happened on a spin friendly pitch or a Day 5 pitch if the match ever lasts that long.

@grkrama , @Dutch , @blockerdave do pass on this feedback to the Big Ant folks as the AI batting, spin bowling and bat pad do look in need of tweaking.

And thanks to @wasteyouryouth for streaming the DBC 17 Test live on twitch at a time when I could actually watch it :yes Appreciate it big time! :thumbs
Your 2nd point about running between the wickets is spot on and is one of the main reasons why AI totals are not competitive
I was surprised to see no one else addressed it till now
Nowadays players never miss an opportunity to take an extra run even in tests due to the fact that most of the players now are more agile and fit and that should be the case in the game as well
I don't know the consistency with which it happens ( the conservative running b/w wickets ) but can be looked upon by BA

Your 2nd point about running between the wickets is spot on and is one of the main reasons why AI totals are not competitive
I was surprised to see no one else addressed it till now
Nowadays players never miss an opportunity to take an extra run even in tests due to the fact that most of the players now are more agile and fit and that should be the case in the game as well
I don't know the consistency with which it happens ( the conservative running b/w wickets ) but can be looked upon by BA
Sure BA would have noticed it. Hope they will tweak both bat pad and running between wickets and provide an update sometime next week.

Just got my first bowled dismissal in what seems like weeks in a T20 international. Googly, bowled flat-ish to right-hander. He tries to play it off the back foot and gets a fine edge onto off-stump. So not clean...but nice to see the stumps light up.

Maybe a way around the excessive bat pads is to only 'allow' the dismissal type when playing defensive shots? I'd say 90% of bat pads in real life are off defensive shots, so may be a good compromise to the current excess if it can be coded in.

Users who are viewing this thread