Steam update for DBC17 released

Gameplay is vastly improved mate. Even just the way the AI bat using both front and back foot and general shot selection alone makes it worth the wait.

From a Players point of view , is there any use for playing the Backfoot Cover Drives , as they were VERY underpowered on the Console Version . Please check and get back to us , in DBC14 the Backfoot punches could be done and sent to the boundary , but not so in 17 Online version.

As the Steam notes state (there are three at the bottom of the patch release) -

NOTE: This is an interim build, updates will be released on a daily basis for the next few days.
NOTE: Online has been optimised however there are still issues that will be resolved over the next few days.
NOTE: Console patches are to be released once approved by the respective platform holders.

We wanted to get you guys the patch as soon as it was ready - our PR guy is working hard to get the information out to all the social media areas now.

Thanks a Million for this , even if its just out on Steam , I`m sure the thousands of Console players will take comfort in knowing that stuff is indeed happening and its not so far away for us. Please spend another week or two if there is still smaller irritations that needs to be handled , before finalising this build and submitting for approval.

Sorry but this is a little ambiguous.

I understand that you need to submit for approval to the consoles but the question people want answers too is have bigant submitted the patch to consoles as yet.
This does not provide any clarity at all!

I agree , it is not put clearly .

I`m guessing it should sort of be read like this ( changes in green ):

NOTE: (Step 1) :This is an interim build, updates will be released on a daily basis for the next few days , (until we believe we have reached a satisfactory state)
NOTE: (Step 2) :Online has been optimised however there are still issues that will be resolved over the next few days, (until we believe we have reached a satisfactory state)
NOTE: (Step 3) :Console patches are to be released once approved by the respective platform holders , after Step 1 and 2 has been completed , so for clarity sake , NO PATCH submission has yet been put forward to the Console Owners

is there any use for playing the Backfoot Cover Drives , as they were VERY underpowered on the Console Version .

Im someone who banged a lot about Backfoot play drives for both AI and Human players.
Its improved, but still in soft pitches they arent as effective to be considered as effective means of play. In hard pitches though they are a very effective way to deal with good length, with right timing and are effective. In general you should feel them more apt and punchy when timed well in hard pitches.

Pretty disappointed to hear that the stats aren't separated between domestic and international. It was something I enjoyed looking at in DBC 14, especially when I was just starting out in international, trying to get my average somewhere near my domestic one.

Ok is the average fixed now tho and hopefully by console patch stats should be fixed because we have waited 3 mounth s and counting so I really hope and for tour mode do we see the players stats been shown when they come into bat

Sorry I mean comp like if I played ipl would their stats been shown when they walk out to bat

Pretty disappointed to hear that the stats aren't separated between domestic and international. It was something I enjoyed looking at in DBC 14, especially when I was just starting out in international, trying to get my average somewhere near my domestic one.

I'm hoping it is coming just not added yet , it is a basic requirement to separate international and domestic stats , it separates great from good players , it has already stopped me playing internationals in DB17 career mode , surely it hasn't been missed out and we are just jumping the gun on this addition not being in :(

I totally agree , some players in real life have international average more good than domestic.
@BigAntStudios I would say if this is not getting fixed in upcoming patches or in near future ... this would be remain as big loop hole in DBC 17.:lol:mad:facepalm

Old competition. I was already playing T10 IPL
Fantastic.[DOUBLEPOST=1493553078][/DOUBLEPOST]
I went on like a broken record about this.. you will see a lot more cloudy conditions in country's you would expect. For example 5 days of overcast in England is much more common.

The thing that is being tweaked is making the game itself look more gloomy!
Have you seen any rain yet?

Did the actual trajectory of pace bowling change or no? It feels like it has but can't be sure

From a Players point of view , is there any use for playing the Backfoot Cover Drives , as they were VERY underpowered on the Console Version . Please check and get back to us , in DBC14 the Backfoot punches could be done and sent to the boundary , but not so in 17 Online

Offline but I smashed 2 bf cover drives for 4 today, both double trigger

Users who are viewing this thread