Steam update for DBC17 released

Ok so if it's actually recognised as an issue why are so many people here telling me I'm delusional or must have broken the game or something? Are they all just playing with no close fielders and trolling me?

I'm guessing all this talk means the console patch is submitted so no more interim updates? Well lord help the mods of this forum if console players (there are far more of them than PC) start getting the same results I have with spinners and the only response is "lol just don't have any close fielders".
You have the tendency to only hear what you want to hear.........I am saying that if your game experience is such that by having silly mid on in you are taking too many wickets then find a creative solution to it......I have silly mid on in at times and other times not...I am having great games with AI scoring 300 plus and I am struggling to beat them......agreed that is a different experience to yours.....why? I don't know.......and basically you are just reaching general conclusions based on your games.......and my response was not lol just don't have any close fielders...if you want to have an intelligent discussion great, if not....I wont bother.

You have the tendency to only hear what you want to hear.........I am saying that if your game experience is such that by having silly mid on in you are taking too many wickets then find a creative solution to it......I have silly mid on in at times and other times not...I am having great games with AI scoring 300 plus and I am struggling to beat them......agreed that is a different experience to yours.....why? I don't know.......and basically you are just reaching general conclusions based on your games.......and my response was not lol just don't have any close fielders...if you want to have an intelligent discussion great, if not....I wont bother.

I'm not playing these games for my enjoyment. I don't even play full test matches usually and mainly stick to career mode. (Although I'll probably drop my spinner career tbh)

I was playing to TEST the patch in order to identify any problems and I reckoned I found a pretty big one, so I kept trying out different teams/pitches/difficulty settings to see if I could get the AI to stop hitting that shot so much, but in the end it all led to the same result.

As I said in a post earlier, the "creative solutions" should come after patching is complete if the issue cannot be solved. Now are you saying that is the case?

Anyone say Batpad?

If only you had a silly mid-on :p:p:p:p

Ok so if it's actually recognised as an issue why are so many people here telling me I'm delusional or must have broken the game or something? Are they all just playing with no close fielders and trolling me?

I'm guessing all this talk means the console patch is submitted so no more interim updates? Well lord help the mods of this forum if console players (there are far more of them than PC) start getting the same results I have with spinners and the only response is "lol just don't have any close fielders".

Nobody has said you are delusional we've said we haven't had the same issue. Are we supposed to report problems we've not had to make you feel better?

Nobody has said you are delusional we've said we haven't had the same issue. Are we supposed to report problems we've not had to make you feel better?

No, but it would be nice to know if you're all sitting there playing with no short-leg/silly mid-on and then acting so shocked that I'm getting lots of catches there.

I'm not playing these games for my enjoyment. I don't even play full test matches usually and mainly stick to career mode. (Although I'll probably drop my spinner career tbh)

I was playing to TEST the patch in order to identify any problems and I reckoned I found a pretty big one, so I kept trying out different teams/pitches/difficulty settings to see if I could get the AI to stop hitting that shot so much, but in the end it all led to the same result.

As I said in a post earlier, the "creative solutions" should come after patching is complete if the issue cannot be solved. Now are you saying that is the case?

If only you had a silly mid-on :p:p:p:p
Fair enough: I believe that they are perhaps looking to tweak the batpads some more but that they are very much coming to the end of of the PC process and want to submit the patches pronto.......As for being " creative" I remember in ashes 09 that I had a rule that I was only allowed to hit one boundary in an over and only run singles.......now that is taking the piss!! And BA is miles ahead of that....[DOUBLEPOST=1494874759][/DOUBLEPOST]
No, but it would be nice to know if you're all sitting there playing with no short-leg/silly mid-on and then acting so shocked that I'm getting lots of catches there.
I am playing test match cricket and sometimes have close fielders and sometimes not depending on the match situation....it is not a creative solution to an exploit as I don't see one...I have great games, realistic and exciting and enjoy them....also with the new catching I am dropping chances that should be very very difficult to take....

i have them in some times, i don't have them in others. but i had very few chances there in general, and the catches i did take there weren't to ridiculous snatches like some of the ones in your video where he got ones 5+ metres away. also at least 2 of my 4 were off defensive shots not the smash to leg.

a build or two ago i was definitely getting much much more chances or catches there, not now.

Fair enough: I believe that they are perhaps looking to tweak the batpads some more but that they are very much coming to the end of of the PC process and want to submit the patches pronto.......As for being " creative" I remember in ashes 09 that I had a rule that I was only allowed to hit one boundary in an over and only run singles.......now that is taking the piss!! And BA is miles ahead of that.

I literally wouldn't even bowl on EA or AC games because it was so boring/unbalanced. Comparing DBC to those is an insult to DBC. :lol

i have them in some times, i don't have them in others. but i had very few chances there in general, and the catches i did take there weren't to ridiculous snatches like some of the ones in your video where he got ones 5+ metres away. also at least 2 of my 4 were off defensive shots not the smash to leg.

a build or two ago i was definitely getting much much more chances or catches there, not now.

This was my version number before I reinstalled, any chance you can check it against yours?

48d05fbae5.png

You know my main frustration comes from the fact that people are apparently playing this great game of test cricket that I'm just not seeing myself. I genuinely do hope I've tweaked my game up somehow and can just sort that and it will all be great. :facepalm

I literally wouldn't even bowl on EA or AC games because it was so boring/unbalanced. Comparing DBC to those is an insult to DBC. :lol

This was my version number before I reinstalled, any chance you can check it against yours?

48d05fbae5.png

You know my main frustration comes from the fact that people are apparently playing this great game of test cricket that I'm just not seeing myself. I genuinely do hope I've tweaked my game up somehow and can just sort that and it will all be great. :facepalm
"ours" is ...0983......a small update today tweaking some things....that will come out soon I imagine....[DOUBLEPOST=1494875597][/DOUBLEPOST]

:facepalm

I hated the fielding in AC09 and 10....they would just stand there as the ball trundled past them over the ropes......the catching system, especially for outfield catches was cool though.....

Users who are viewing this thread