Steam update for DBC17 released

No idea if we're even getting anymore patches at this point but I'll give my two cents anyway:

Does anyone know how much control Big Ant has over edge/bat-pad frequency in regards to pitch conditions? In theory there is no problem with being able to get the AI out cheaply with spin, my main issue is I'm doing it consistently from day one on pristine, flat batting tracks. Perhaps there is some kind of compromise that can be reached where bat-pads are "switched off", as it were, on pristine/unworn pitches but as the match continues they become possible? I know it's an inelegant and "gamey" solution that may not even be possible but I would say it's probably preferable to how it is now.

Just throwing stuff out there.

I think we can probably say that as far as this cyclus is concerned we are done with patches and the patch will come out for consoles. will there be other patches in the future....dont know.

I am sure Jafaar100 will want to call me out for my assumptions.....

L
May of dreamt this but was this AI v AI or you playing mate?

India v SA was me bowling as both teams.[DOUBLEPOST=1495025310][/DOUBLEPOST]At least now we have reached the end of all the different builds we can test the hell out of this final build. I am going to go default sliders and test pro and veteran on hardest and hard bowling in tests

I think we can probably say that as far as this cyclus is concerned we are done with patches and the patch will come out for consoles. will there be other patches in the future....dont know.

I am sure Jafaar100 will want to call me out for my assumptions.....
No brother sorry for yesterday's comments...:cheers

No idea if we're even getting anymore patches at this point but I'll give my two cents anyway:

Does anyone know how much control Big Ant has over edge/bat-pad frequency in regards to pitch conditions? In theory there is no problem with being able to get the AI out cheaply with spin, my main issue is I'm doing it consistently from day one on pristine, flat batting tracks. Perhaps there is some kind of compromise that can be reached where bat-pads are "switched off", as it were, on pristine/unworn pitches but as the match continues they become possible? I know it's an inelegant and "gamey" solution that may not even be possible but I would say it's probably preferable to how it is now.

If it is completely ruining gameplay but we get decent matches otherwide then the only thing to do is reload if it happens, say every other time. Yes its contrived but we will have the console guys with pitchforks at the gates if we spend any more time tweaking. Lets hope they dont complain about there being loads of driven into the foot bat pads, as they want the patch now.

If it is completely ruining gameplay but we get decent matches otherwide then the only thing to do is reload if it happens, say every other time. Yes its contrived but we will have the console guys with pitchforks at the gates if we spend any more time tweaking. Lets hope they dont complain about there being loads of driven into the foot bat pads, as they want the patch now.

Sure, if I'm playing for enjoyment I'll probably just skip the silly mid-on and short leg from now on.

I am sure Big Ant have the final say when the patch will be sent for approval.

@blockerdave what are the minimum and maximum pace sliders for default? Both 50?

IMO if the patches are done and the bat pad issue persists, one feasible option could be not to use close-in fielder for a flattish surface and start using the fielder starting say Day 3. This should act as the "off switch" Spoobir mentioned.

Can I ask you guys for a favor? Can you play a Test (and possibly odi & T20) without any close-in (short leg, silly mid on, silly mid off) fielder and see what sort of totals the AI gets? Coz if AI manages a decent total with no close-in fielders, the problem is manageable. But if AI still ends up with lowish totals - the sort I saw @Langeveldt or @wasteyouryouth put up when they bowled to AI, then we have cause for concern.

I've played a Test...and I know that a sample of one is hardly relevant...but I didn't experience any high numbers of bat-pads. I was desperate for wickets and had close fielders in for most overs of spin and some for pace...but I think I held on to one bat-pad in total (and dropped the only other one). More testing to be done, for sure, but I found the game to play very well (and I got beaten easily).

meanwhile over in Copenhagen in the rain effected four day game against Nigeria......legend/hardest/hardest......me Denmark

20170517175349_1.jpg

I've played a Test...and I know that a sample of one is hardly relevant...but I didn't experience any high numbers of bat-pads. I was desperate for wickets and had close fielders in for most overs of spin and some for pace...but I think I held on to one bat-pad in total (and dropped the only other one). More testing to be done, for sure, but I found the game to play very well (and I got beaten easily).

This is also my experience!

Users who are viewing this thread