Steam update for DBC17 released

I'm going to be streaming having a bowl with yesterday's build for an hour or so.

Twitch

are we going to have co-op running like dbc14 where we could individually control running for our players instead of both players running when either of the human player gives command. DBC14 running created some great moments in game while playing with mates as run outs would happen at crucial points in the game and required a good deal of coordination. Would request BA to please look into it and bring back the feature in DBC17

That was much better and also so much fun when one tries to get on strike for the next over :P

I played 2 T20 matches (level : easy) yesterday but I didn't have any bowled, lbw or stumps only edges or catches :(

Tunings :
* The AI fielders are supermen there is a lot of one handed catches and a lot of very extended jumps like CR7 to take the catches
* The dives to save the boundaries are here now but too much exaggerated from the AI but when I play I can't do the same things
* The bowler doesn't field he doesn't take the ball which is next to him another fielder runs to take the ball
* Many mixup between the batsmen during their runs, they have to be tuned a bit
* Batsmen run very fast to take the runs it makes run out very rare and doubles and triples happened very often when it could only be a single
* Every pitch looks very bouncy

Bugs :
* Graphically there is a bug, the wicketkeeper or the batsman on the crease go through the bails, the bails look invisible... both shouldn't run through the bails and shouldn't run when nothing happened (reported)
* I've got many FCs when I tried to update England and India teams (reported)

Suggestions :
* Can we have dangerous bouncers, destructive yorkers, full tosses and high full tosses with no ball?

Thank you very very much BA! Keep it up!

I don't want to sound ungrateful or anything but have clean bowleds gone out of the game again? Could anyone post any evidence of being able to clean bowled or get someone out LBW on Veteran or above?

Anyway a better morning of bowling (veteran, hardest bowling).

I would still trade some of those bat pads for a bowled or LBW though.

I had a really nice bat pad as anyone watching the stream will have seen, blocking off the pacer and it popping up. The rest were smashes into legs.

Will probably stream again tomorrow morning. Is there any point in posting findings at all or are we all done now? I think this current build is a step backwards from the one before that which was the absolute pinnacle of bowling in a cricket game I have experienced.

Maybe it is because I play with the sliders. I still do not know whether it is just cosmetic changes, or whether it has a real difference on what happens to the AI.

20170517120625_1.jpg

20170517120628_1.jpg

Last edited:

I had a really nice bat pad as anyone watching the stream will have seen, blocking off the pacer and it popping up. The rest were smashes into legs.

Will probably stream again tomorrow morning. Is there any point in posting findings at all or are we all done now? I think this current build is a step backwards from the one before that which was the absolute pinnacle of bowling in a cricket game I have experienced.

Maybe it is because I play with the sliders. I still do not know whether it is just cosmetic changes, or whether it has a real difference on what happens to the AI.

View attachment 188719

View attachment 188720

Have you considered using default? I have never touched sliders and rarely go an innings without at least 1 bowled.

Sliders definitely have an effect but I remain to be convinced that it's a beneficial one. I play only on default and it's awesome.

:facepalm Boy, you need to pump up that difficulty to get any realistic results out of this game. Or any game for that matter.

I can't belive it @Langeveldt said he was playing on baby level...
@kiran varma please don't post complaining about getting clean bowls when your playing on the easiest level known to mankind...it's disrespectful to @BigAntStudios :facepalm

I am really glad that @blockerdave and @WealeyH are posting good scorecards. Every time I see a post from @Langeveldt i get depressed thinking what has he found wrong now but then Wealey and the gang come out from nowhere and post their scorecards and everything in life seems bright again :lol

Last edited:
@blockerdave yes i will have a play around with default sliders (if i can remember what they are. The revert to default doesnt work for me.

Clearly people are getting better results than me so i have obviously tweaked something badly. Probably the very fast bowling speed i use.

Can someone post a screenshot of the out of the box vanilla slider settings? Thanks

:facepalm Boy, you need to pump up that difficulty to get any realistic results out of this game. Or any game for that matter.

I can't belive it @Langeveldt said he was playing on baby level...
@kiran varma please don't post complaining about getting clean bowls when your playing on the easiest level known to mankind...it's disrespectful to @BigAntStudios :facepalm

Oye! All the difficulties are part of the game and he's entitled to be heard just as others. If we don't play with his settings why should we comment at all.

@blockerdave yes i will have a play around with default sliders (if i can remember what they are. The revert to default doesnt work for me.

Clearly people are getting better results than me so i have obviously tweaked something badly. Probably the very fast bowling speed i use.

Can someone post a screenshot of the out of the box vanilla slider settings? Thanks

May of dreamt this but was this AI v AI or you playing mate?

Oye! All the difficulties are part of the game and he's entitled to be heard just as others. If we don't play with his settings why should we comment at all.

Absolutely correct, everyone is entitled to their view and opinion. Have you read his original post?

He did mention that he was getting to many clean bowled wickets. Later he mentioned he was playing on rookie??? It is understandable that on easy level wickets whether they are bat and pad, or edges, clean bowled etc. will be a lot easier to get. Anyway @kiran varma no disrespect intended.

Users who are viewing this thread