Steam update for DBC17 released

but you yourself have posted innings that have been different to this as have others...I just dont get the panic with some of you guys.....when you have had 15 games on the trot with the same thing then we can panic until then...........

If the patch has been finalised then 15 games on the trot with this wouldnt make a difference anyway. It was the same thing as Spoobir had and I will see how the match develops.

Bermuda versus Wales ODI Legend/Hardest/Hardest....me bowling....they slaughtered me

20170516221037_1.jpg

There's some people on here that I get excited sharing builds with and discussing the game and sharing the class moment...

And there's some people who I wish their PC's broke down.

I hope I belong to the former group ;)

Bermuda versus Wales ODI Legend/Hardest/Hardest....me bowling....they slaughtered me

View attachment 188691

As I've said before, it's always been the case where 50 overs appears to be the format where the AI batsmen perform best. That is actually the reason I lower the difficulty for One-Day games in career mode.

I reckon if you bowled 50 ODIs and 50 test innings, the AI would make >300 more times in the ODIs than tests.

but you yourself have posted innings that have been different to this as have others...I just dont get the panic with some of you guys.....when you have had 15 games on the trot with the same thing then we can panic until then...........

I also wonder whenever we get a new build every day, whether all the progress we've found in the previous builds are for nought. Is it a clean slate every day?

I also wonder whenever we get a new build every day, whether all the progress we've found in the previous builds are for nought. Is it a clean slate every day?
Its built on the previous builds and tweaked according to the feedback given both publicly and in the beta....the balance is maddening hard to find and the different levels of noise are difficult for BA to nail things down...this lot want this, this lot want that....its hard but considering the circumstances I think they have done a bloody good job...hopefully all the console users can get it in their hands soon.....they deserve it.

Would like to express my gratitude to Big Ant, the beta testers and others providing constructive feedback throughout these 15 days. Haven't played the game yet since I'm on console, but looking at the updates throughout this thread, this has been a monumental effort in polishing this game.

Can't wait to play the game in the very near future.

nope... as dutch said it's building on everything but that's not to say 1 change can't have an unintended consequence.

we want those smash in to legs as minimised as possible but there is so much joy in this game right now. i feel there are a huge range of real cricketing dismissals to be had: for instance I just bowled a brilliant bouncer (perfect effort ball) that the AI fends off the back foot and up it goes...dropping just short of leg gully... would have been an amazing dismissal.

nope... as dutch said it's building on everything but that's not to say 1 change can't have an unintended consequence.

we want those smash in to legs as minimised as possible but there is so much joy in this game right now. i feel there are a huge range of real cricketing dismissals to be had: for instance I just bowled a brilliant bouncer (perfect effort ball) that the AI fends off the back foot and up it goes...dropping just short of leg gully... would have been an amazing dismissal.

I hope so. I just had a really poor innings, brought back memories of how bad the game was. Lofted shots to the infield from defensive players trying to smash the last ball of the over. About 11 bat pad chances. I could only catch four because it's so difficult to catch close in on the harder difficulties. Not a hint of a bowled or an LBW even against the tail. Yes we have changed the game for the better and tomorrow is a new day. I hope that was just a random bad innings.

Well I'm having a lot of fun with the latest patch...despite looking like I'm going to be trounced. England vs New Zealand...the story so far:
zptKzuc.jpg

My batting: terrible, but fun. By the time I was down to just Rashid and Jordan...I started to concentrate and play with a Test cricket mentality. Hoping for better in the 2nd innings:
9llLQhx.jpg

New Zealand's reply. Looks like a proper Test scorecard. Hard work bowling. Eventually Stokes started to get cutters to move off the pitch and he took out the tail. Damage done by then.
ZwHRSEa.jpg

Not helped by my wayward seam bowling. I've really not used pace bowlers much before (99% playing career spinner)...but really enjoyed the experience. It really is about getting a proper rhythm and control of line. I was all over the place to start with. No other cricket game has got bowling so right.
awVcJ57.jpg

Massively enjoying the reaction catching even though I dropped about six or seven. It's real heart-in-the-mouth time when you so desperately need a wicket and the reaction catch pops up. One catch I got two reaction catches chained (missed both)...and this one had three: first wicket keeper (which I missed), then (briefly) first slip and finally second slip (which I just grabbed). I've never seen this happen in another cricket game, the ball eventually gets chipped up off Bairstow's heel to be taken at 2nd slip. Great stuff:

Bowled two sessions. First session had the oppo 100 for 5 at lunch. Then, instead of the usual after lunch collapse, the opposition batted without losing a wicket. This must be the first time I've bowled first in a test/first class and not wound up batting before tea.

I really like the changes to the catching mechanic. Slip catches in particular feel far more reactionary. I dropped my first two but think picked some up. There was a legside catch to the keeper where things slowed down but there was no reflex system - I took the catch though.

No bat pads - although three clear instances where there would be one a chance had I put someone in at short leg/silly mid on.

--

Edit - first ball after tea a wicket. Maybe the collapse has just been postponed. :D

Been asked that a LOT recently.... AFL was a passion project for us at BA, I go every week that I am in Melbourne and love the game, unfortunately we haven't had the opportunity to make our sequel of what I still believe is the best AFL game to date.

Lets hope your team get the chance to bring the brilliance of DBC17 to the next iteration of an afl game!

Judging by this video, it seems the superhuman WK is not sorted...
I hope its not true... can anyone please post a video of a batsman late cutting a spinner?
Now that the patch for console has been finalised either ways it will be good to know what to expect.

If you watch, the keeper doesn't actually move until the ball it hit though - it's an improvement on the video floating around of the late cut where the keeper anticipated the cut shot when the ball was about half way down the pitch.

Still a little unrealistic I suppose, but unless the reaction times can be tweaked, and even then you will probably see too many byes as the keeper fails to react to faster balls, it's probably as good as it's going to get. You can't remove the dive animation from the keeper either, as then you won't take a lot of leg side catches vs pace bowlers. Maybe there is a way to disable to keeper diving against spin bowlers only, but then is that realistic?

You can begin to see how adjusting one little thing has a huge impact down stream...

Users who are viewing this thread