Steam update for DBC17 released

@Ross
But they are many people out here just posting based on assumptions..
Shhhh! They are the superior souls! please don't be keen to prove that, you too are the one! Just be the one, be quiet, observe, if you test pc patches, just pitch your findings in and forget who said what. BA is listening, checking, working splendidly, some guys here are tremendously diligent as well. Just be grateful and keep peace within. Amen!

I am yet to play today's patch, will try tonight and share my feedback. But I did get an LBW and a clean bowled in my last two T20s. No runout yet, but I guess that might be due to difficulty. May turn it up tonight.

I did not post much earlier(long time lurker), but started posting a bit more once I saw BA listening to our feedback and trying to incorporate at least some them. I too was disappointed with the state DBC17 was released in, and had almost given up on it as a bad purchase.

However, acting entitled and demanding fixes does not help anybody. I saw certain requests and demands were put in so rudely, that if I were with BA I would simply ignore those. This may actually make them overlook actual issues.
Very true we need to practice patience unless it's chocolate or puppies. No one has lied and no one is being conned.

On pro, with medium batting and hard bowling, just found yusuf pathan from Baroda ranji team, hit the ball to his pads so strongly, it balloons to short mid on for a sitter. I've played 42 overs so far post patch and this is my first finding. Certainty it seems the frequency is lot lesser but it still exists may be!!
couldn't record that footage as I skipped and quit the game in a jiffy!

Anyone else found such thing yet? @Spoobir @Langeveldt guys? :)

Some more spin wickets, this time from my career mode. I was accidentally playing on Pro difficulty so take it how you will:

I did also get one bat-pad smash in 25 overs but I have enough videos of those uploaded. ;)

Some more spin wickets, this time from my career mode. I was accidentally playing on Pro difficulty so take it how you will:

I did also get one bat-pad smash in 25 overs but I have enough videos of those uploaded. ;)

Haha if the pay dispute continues I bet Steven Smith will wish he could turn the difficulty down for this winter's ashes!

Haha if the pay dispute continues I bet Steven Smith will wish he could turn the difficulty down for this winter's ashes!

Yeah, normally I play on veteran/legendary for FC games but I bump the difficulty down for one day games and forgot to set it back.

What's with keeper flying like there is no tomorrow? at 0:31

On pro, with medium batting and hard bowling, just found yusuf pathan from Baroda ranji team, hit the ball to his pads so strongly, it balloons to short mid on for a sitter. I've played 42 overs so far post patch and this is my first finding. Certainty it seems the frequency is lot lesser but it still exists may be!!
couldn't record that footage as I skipped and quit the game in a jiffy!

Anyone else found such thing yet? @Spoobir @Langeveldt guys? :)

Yes I still get the slam into the leg bat pad catch. Not sure if it is still a problem because I haven't been playing enough.[DOUBLEPOST=1494963616][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes I still get the slam into the leg bat pad catch. Not sure if it is still a problem because I haven't been playing enough.

Oh dear, I have just had two in two and about four in half an hour. Look's like I've got bat pad itis.

EDIT - Six slam bat pad chances in about half an hour. What is going on?

EDIT 2 - Seven bat pad chances. I can't catch them because it is so difficult. Maybe this is what they altered.

EDIT 3 - Eight, caught three of them in a few overs. Something seriously wrong here. Getting the same situation as @Spoobir

EDIT 4 - Nine chances now in about 5 overs.

Last edited:

Been asked that a LOT recently.... AFL was a passion project for us at BA, I go every week that I am in Melbourne and love the game, unfortunately we haven't had the opportunity to make our sequel of what I still believe is the best AFL game to date.
Thanks for replying,

I'm getting to my first game this weekend ethihad stadium thank god asked its supposed to be pissing down.

I never got to play your afl game I have this one and its a hell of a let down and even more so not seeing alot off interaction from wicked witch. Heard should be a patches but online very minor and now more unless they turn a profit.

Here's hoping you get another crack at a AFL game and can use that passion and dedication to make the fans the game they're deserve.
Thanks again looking forward to getting back into db once MASSIVE patch released

Yes I still get the slam into the leg bat pad catch. Not sure if it is still a problem because I haven't been playing enough.[DOUBLEPOST=1494963616][/DOUBLEPOST]

Oh dear, I have just had two in two and about four in half an hour. Look's like I've got bat pad itis.

EDIT - Six slam bat pad chances in about half an hour. What is going on?

EDIT 2 - Seven bat pad chances. I can't catch them because it is so difficult. Maybe this is what they altered.

EDIT 3 - Eight, caught three of them in a few overs. Something seriously wrong here. Getting the same situation as @Spoobir

EDIT 4 - Nine chances now in about 5 overs.

That sucks man. It definitely does seem like if you get one or two bat-pads smashes the whole team will collapse to them, possibly a result of high-confidence spinner bowling to low-confidence batsmen?

IMG_8097.JPG

Lunch Day 5

Samuels dismissal halts the West Indies charge.

The seamers are so difficult to get away now as there such little bounce and slow slow.

Shah isn't being given a chance to settle anything over pitched is being latched onto.

West Indies still pushing. Next wicket will be stick or twist time.

Edit, so good seeing AI set defensive fields. Proper Cat and Mouse

That sucks man. It definitely does seem like if you get one or two bat-pads smashes the whole team will collapse to them, possibly a result of high-confidence spinner bowling to low-confidence batsmen?
Can't track down the root of the problem here. My career bowler got hammered last game on a dusty light crack deck against DELHI ranji team (default skill set), but against Baroda (default skill set), how on earth he's getting so many bat pads on green top? Only one wicket in such a fashion though but it's grassy, light cracked deck and my bowler's bowling skill is 49.

What's with keeper flying like there is no tomorrow? at 0:31
Judging by this video, it seems the superhuman WK is not sorted...
I hope its not true... can anyone please post a video of a batsman late cutting a spinner?
Now that the patch for console has been finalised either ways it will be good to know what to expect.

Judging by this video, it seems the superhuman WK is not sorted...
I hope its not true... can anyone please post a video of a batsman late cutting a spinner?
Now that the patch for console has been finalised either ways it will be good to know what to expect.

Well 61/7 on Veteran with three smashed bat pads and three lobbed catches to the infield?

I really hope it is just this innings and an aberration.

Well 61/7 on Veteran with three smashed bat pads and three lobbed catches to the infield?

I really hope it is just this innings and an aberration.

but you yourself have posted innings that have been different to this as have others...I just dont get the panic with some of you guys.....when you have had 15 games on the trot with the same thing then we can panic until then...........

Users who are viewing this thread