Steam update for DBC17 released

I can take 4 runs only by Running many times , I don't know Fielders are lazy to pick up ball on boundary and through ball or my batsman runs too fast and furious

After the latest update, AI batting in T20s has got even worse. I played two matches and AI seemed to be playing with a defensive mindset and lost 5 wicket in power plays itself. Earlier the AI would change fields more often, like if you hit a couple of boundaries from a particular region the AI would immediately put a fielder there, which now is missing. Though good thing is that AI still keeps 5 fielders out of the circle right through the 14 overs after power plays which is realistic and welcoming fix. But please make the AI batting more attacking and punishing at least on higher difficulty. @BigAntStudios

BA staff will read it, I won't. Stopped reading at "After the latest update, AI batting in T20s has got even worse" - don't tag me if you are going to make wide sweeping generalisations that do me no good - I can do nothing with that statement.

Been asked that a LOT recently.... AFL was a passion project for us at BA, I go every week that I am in Melbourne and love the game, unfortunately we haven't had the opportunity to make our sequel of what I still believe is the best AFL game to date.
I assume something to do with true blue took the game always from you? With the afl saying they want to get into the gaming competition scene for exposure maybe its your chance to get back in?!! Can only hope!!

Judging by this video, it seems the superhuman WK is not sorted...
I hope its not true... can anyone please post a video of a batsman late cutting a spinner?
Now that the patch for console has been finalised either ways it will be good to know what to expect.
Late cut to spinners will always catch by keeper , yes this is true for 90-95% cases.
Now I think we need to start accepting this and choose an alternative until this gets sorted out.
We have many positive changes as well in new patches to look at, I have now started to play cut shots towards point and backward point instead of late cut ,this has given me some good runs and if you really want to play late cut , then as some one suggested earlier reverse sweeping towards third man would be good option in which keeper does not catch .

I am now using this tactics against spinners when ever bowl is bowled at off side line...

:cheers

Last edited:
Late cut to spinners will always catch by keeper , yes this is true for 90-95% cases.
Now I think we need to start accepting this and choose an alternative until this gets sorted out.
We have many positive changes as well in new patches to look at, I have now started to play cut shots towards point and backward point instead of late cut ,this has given me some good runs and if you really want to play late cut , then as some one suggested earlier reverse sweeping towards third man would be good option in which keeper does not catch .

I am now using this tactics against spinners when ever bowl is bowled at off side line...

:cheers

Compare these two videos... there is hope, hopefully...

Exactly the same shot, albeit on a different line which may explain it. The key difference seems to be in the keepers anticipation though

before Monday

after Monday

Exactly the same shot, albeit on a different line which may explain it. The key difference seems to be in the keepers anticipation though

before Monday

after Monday
What I could think of here is keeper is very much catching the shots when played late cut towards 1st,2nd,3rd slips.
If you try to play at 4th,5th slips or gully he may not be holding the catches , also the line of contact (off stump,leg stump ) matters.
In first video the shot was played from 5th stump where as in 2nd video the shot is played from off stump line.

I will Test it out few more times while playing from different line of contact

Last edited:

before Monday

after Monday
Thanks for the videos...i think in the second video (after monday), there are two differences...first the line of the ball (off stump as against leg stump in first video) and second the shot is played much squarer compared to the first video (before monday)... would be interesting to see a shot played more finer like 2nd or 3rd slip...

After the latest update, AI batting in T20s has got even worse. I played two matches and AI seemed to be playing with a defensive mindset and lost 5 wicket in power plays itself. Earlier the AI would change fields more often, like if you hit a couple of boundaries from a particular region the AI would immediately put a fielder there, which now is missing. Though good thing is that AI still keeps 5 fielders out of the circle right through the 14 overs after power plays which is realistic and welcoming fix. But please make the AI batting more attacking and punishing at least on higher difficulty. @BigAntStudios
Try playing more than 5 matches under same ground conditions, in the case of t20s. Then come to a conclusion and comment. If in real life RCB can bundled out in 49, DD can go down below 100 twice, why it won't happen once in game? Imo, apart from longest format of the game, BA got nearly everything perfect, and pretty realistic for limited over format! :)

Bowled two sessions. First session had the oppo 100 for 5 at lunch. Then, instead of the usual after lunch collapse, the opposition batted without losing a wicket. This must be the first time I've bowled first in a test/first class and not wound up batting before tea.

I really like the changes to the catching mechanic. Slip catches in particular feel far more reactionary. I dropped my first two but think picked some up. There was a legside catch to the keeper where things slowed down but there was no reflex system - I took the catch though.

No bat pads - although three clear instances where there would be one a chance had I put someone in at short leg/silly mid on.

--

Edit - first ball after tea a wicket. Maybe the collapse has just been postponed. :D

Are you getting anyone bowled? With all the bat pads and lack of bowled and LBW it seems like we have gone back a few builds in time, but as I say, I hope it is just my bad luck.

Can someone please post a picture of one of their bowling pitch maps?

I would like to see the variations in length?

Im presuming this has been looked into?

Cheers

Reactions: Pat
Are you getting anyone bowled? With all the bat pads and lack of bowled and LBW it seems like we have gone back a few builds in time, but as I say, I hope it is just my bad luck.
Yeah I played 1 one day match .4 batsmen gets bowled with middle stump line with full length delivery and remaining all beautiful catches but not a single LBW(no one got out with lbw ) Lbw's are very very rare.

Yeah I played 1 one day match .4 batsmen gets bowled with middle stump line with full length delivery and remaining all beautiful catches but not a single LBW(no one got out with lbw ) Lbw's are very very rare.

Difficulty level?

are we going to have co-op running like dbc14 where we could individually control running for our players instead of both players running when either of the human player gives command. DBC14 running created some great moments in game while playing with mates as run outs would happen at crucial points in the game and required a good deal of coordination. Would request BA to please look into it and bring back the feature in DBC17

Users who are viewing this thread