Steam update for DBC17 released

@wasteyouryouth - have you deleted any logos e.g. stadium adboards and then downloaded others then redownloaded the ones you'd deleted?
I've deleted a lot due to the old issue with duplication and logo limit.

About to start streaming again. See if adding in a silly mid on will cause a collapse.

FYI I think I had two bat pad catches taken by the short leg.

I've deleted a lot due to the old issue with duplication and logo limit.

About to start streaming again. See if adding in a silly mid on will cause a collapse.

FYI I think I had two bat pad catches taken by the short leg.

I had some issue way back after patch 2 where I was dismissing the AI for absurd scores - e.g. 26 in a t20.

Deleted all data and reinstalled and never had a similar problem again.

Something about the game gets corrupted/effed up by logos being deleted and redownloaded

I had some issue way back after patch 2 where I was dismissing the AI for absurd scores - e.g. 26 in a t20.

Deleted all data and reinstalled and never had a similar problem again.

Something about the game gets corrupted/effed up by logos being deleted and redownloaded

Was that actually confirmed by Big Ant? Because it seems... weird to say the least.

I think the balance of AI is good.Plenty of cricket games had sweet spots and you could bowl out a team for 20.Thats not possible here.The balance between skill and luck i think is fair and the batting is more realistic than in DB 14 .Thanks for the updates big ant.Game is a pleasure to play.

I'm glad that you're enjoying the game and batting is quite well balanced right now. But there are some aspects with bowling and fielding which I feel need some tweaks.

I think the point of the game is really 2 player and online.Would anyone really keep bowling if the AI was putting up 400.Most people don't have 40 hours to play a test match on a pc.I don't think this is what big ant is aiming for.Ultimatley if you want real cricket go outside and play with some humans.

This is just silly and insensitive. Kind of like asking us to enlist in the military if we want a realistic or enjoyable Battlefield or CoD. Some of us are adults, with jobs and/or family. Some may not physically be able to play outdoor sports. Some are living in places where no one has heard of cricket.

Last edited:
Was that actually confirmed by Big Ant? Because it seems... weird to say the least.

this is the closest to confirmation i've seen and was the post that gave me the idea when i was having trouble...

Writing drivers is *nothing* like writing for an open-ended user generated content system - as a professional you should know that.

If you've never written for console then I seriously think you're underestimating the task at hand, even the best of Rockstar and EA have games that are DOA - as the best engineers say, you don't know what you don't know, and you don't know it.

I don't get angry with customers that give us good feedback, indeed we have implemented many changes as requested by people from here. I do get annoyed, not angry, at people that make broad statements such as we need better QA staff based on their Zero years Console QA experience and their assumptions of what the job entails and its constraints.

It is safer to assume that the QA staff shipping any console game are not idiots and that there must be some constraints, issues, or unknowns at play.

Delete the logo data and you will be fine. The next patch will fix the vast, vast majority of issues.

Thanks for supporting us, I do appreciate it, we will learn from any mistakes that have been made.
[DOUBLEPOST=1495480788][/DOUBLEPOST]
It really does sound ridiculous. But I'm not gonna say it's not impossible. Do you mean you deleted data on Steam?

well when it happened to me it was on ps4 but yes.

I think the point of the game is really 2 player and online.Would anyone really keep bowling if the AI was putting up 400.Most people don't have 40 hours to play a test match on a pc.I don't think this is what big ant is aiming for.Ultimatley if you want real cricket go outside and play with some humans.I think the balance of AI is good.Plenty of cricket games had sweet spots and you could bowl out a team for 20.Thats not possible here.The balance between skill and luck i think is fair and the batting is more realistic than in DB 14 .Thanks for the updates big ant.Game is a pleasure to play.

If you play online you aren't selling it to me.

nope it wasn't confirmed. and yes it's weird and sounds ridiculous. nevertheless it's what happened.

I was thinking of this today as it happens. I recall blockers posts at the time very clearly and deleting all his customisation did indeed resolve his issues, bizarre as it seems

The person who is saying the AI plays better using manual fielding also seems a bizarre claim.....

I was thinking of this today as it happens. I recall blockers posts at the time very clearly and deleting all his customisation did indeed resolve his issues, bizarre as it seems

The person who is saying the AI plays better using manual fielding also seems a bizarre claim.....

Weren't Blocker's issues related to him batting and not being able to hit the ball all of a sudden before he deleted his logos? I had the same thing.

I think the point of the game is really 2 player and online.Would anyone really keep bowling if the AI was putting up 400.Most people don't have 40 hours to play a test match on a pc.I don't think this is what big ant is aiming for.Ultimatley if you want real cricket go outside and play with some humans.I think the balance of AI is good.Plenty of cricket games had sweet spots and you could bowl out a team for 20.Thats not possible here.The balance between skill and luck i think is fair and the batting is more realistic than in DB 14 .Thanks for the updates big ant.Game is a pleasure to play.

That's the weirdest defense or excuse I've heard so far. So you are saying it's a good thing AI rolls over and in fact is how it's intended since it will take "40 hours" to play the Test. Yeah the Test is supposed to take a long time and those who don't want to can stick to shorter formats. Doesn't justify AI not putting up a good total. IMO that's why you have the 'save' option I guess.

As for "go and play outside", no thanks. If that's the case why bother with video games at all coz everyone should just go play outside! TBH what a p*ss poor post and I'm glad Big Ant doesn't subscribe to this philosophy. And no the point of the game is not 2 player or online coz I can throw the same line at you, i.e. if you want to play with multiple players or online, "go and play outside".

So, the last innings and start of the third one, I have been trying fields that I wouldn't usually do. There does seem to be something in the observation by @AnkitC that the bat pad issue occurs when there is no mid wicket (normal, short or deep). It has still occurred though even without fielders there. When the silly mid on isn't there the chances are less frequent but I've had two caught at short leg and one caught by silly mid off leaping across the wicket.

Users who are viewing this thread