Steam update for DBC17 released

The person who is saying the AI plays better using manual fielding also seems a bizarre claim.....

This person also said that he doesn't care if patch 4 is released as his loving the game due to manual fielding......on the ps4 :eek: now that's a bizarre claim. I'm glad his happy but from what I've read patch 4 will make this game even better.

If your reading this, yes you who loves manual fielding so much, this patch could make your head blow off:lol

So, the last innings and start of the third one, I have been trying fields that I wouldn't usually do. There does seem to be something in the observation by @AnkitC that the bat pad issue occurs when there is no mid wicket (normal, short or deep). It has still occurred though even without fielders there. When the silly mid on isn't there the chances are less frequent but I've had two caught at short leg and one caught by silly mid off leaping across the wicket.

Whatever the case, one thing is for sure that for me the AI in general isn't playing the way like in the stream. I know it might sound superstitious, but if I were you, I'd do a Get Best before playing any further.

Weren't Blocker's issues related to him batting and not being able to hit the ball all of a sudden before he deleted his logos? I had the same thing.

it was general gameplay. i think i had 2 or 3 different issues at different times... always solved by deleting all the ps4 data.

dismissing the AI very cheaply was one of the issues but yes the others were batting.

I might try a fresh install. With the amount of crashes I've had recently there could be something going on under the surface of the game. @blockerdave

@AnkitC All the teams downloaded are from the Planet Cricket Academy recommended (and ones I've done and that others have). I don't know if the Get BEst would be different and if they were I'm not sure it would make a difference.

Can anyone confirm what will I lose, if anything, if I uninstall and just restart using my current ID, right?

well @wasteyouryouth i bow to you you're brilliant and i'm shit :)

RXsJvkL.jpg

i7QvO0O.jpg

played as legend hard bowling, @Llewelynf (friedlele7) teams, redownloaded immediately prior to starting the game and using default test lineups. i note the lineups are different to those you use so i don't know if you're using a different team or customised the lineup?

i forgot to note the conditions. pitch looks grassy and there's no crack visuals, i also think it's soft.

there were 6 bat pad "chances", all off pacers, 4 from genuine defensive edges 2 from the leg smash. i didn't have a silly mid-on (or mid-wicket) for the pacers. i did have a silly mid-on for santner's 4 overs but there were no chances in those.

additionally i had 3 edges, 2 into a vacant point area (don't think either would have carried had i had a man there, certainly not the 2nd) and one just short of my man at 9th slip.

I might try a fresh install. With the amount of crashes I've had recently there could be something going on under the surface of the game. @blockerdave

@AnkitC All the teams downloaded are from the Planet Cricket Academy recommended (and ones I've done and that others have). I don't know if the Get BEst would be different and if they were I'm not sure it would make a difference.

Can anyone confirm what will I lose, if anything, if I uninstall and just restart using my current ID, right?

you'd lose all your xp and any logos/players/teams you've created and not shared.

on PC you need to disable steam cloud save or you'll keep all the data anyway.

RXsJvkL.jpg

i7QvO0O.jpg

played as legend hard bowling, @Llewelynf (friedlele7) teams, redownloaded immediately prior to starting the game and using default test lineups. i note the lineups are different to those you use so i don't know if you're using a different team or customised the lineup?

i forgot to note the conditions. pitch looks grassy and there's no crack visuals, i also think it's soft.

there were 6 bat pad "chances", all off pacers, 4 from genuine defensive edges 2 from the leg smash. i didn't have a silly mid-on (or mid-wicket) for the pacers. i did have a silly mid-on for santner's 4 overs but there were no chances in those.

additionally i had 3 edges, 2 into a vacant point area (don't think either would have carried had i had a man there, certainly not the 2nd) and one just short of my man at 9th slip.

Man, wish I could get games like this. I don't think I've ever gone a session without a wicket, usually get 2+ as well...

You guys say that the AI plays differently in your games, does that mean they don't hit the ball in the air as much too? That is my other pet peeve with the test match batting.

Off the topic of AI scores, bat pads.

I'd gone through these teams (NZ & SA) before starting this last match and added bats (via the edit bat and assign to player method) to all players. However, most of them are set to the BAS Bow 20-20, this is top of the list of bats that I've downloaded. On second attempt they seem to apply, but just something to be aware of.

Man, wish I could get games like this. I don't think I've ever gone a session without a wicket, usually get 2+ as well...

You guys say that the AI plays differently in your games, does that mean they don't hit the ball in the air as much too? That is my other pet peeve with the test match batting.

Not sure how much they're hitting in the air against you but I didn't feel it was excessive no, and way better than before the recent update process.

There are some ugly aerial shots to be sure, but no I didn't feel it was over the top, no pun intended.

Also, and this is not taking the piss, have you thought of not bowling with a silly mid on to pacers? I don't believe this is helping the AI - it's a very rare position for a fast bowler (short leg more orthodox but again not super common except for short pitched bowling or if it's really swinging in to the batsman).

RXsJvkL.jpg

i7QvO0O.jpg

Looks like you are using my latest teams whereas @wasteyouryouth is used an old set up. I have made regular updates to all my teams including bats etc.

The issue with those bats not being assigned, might be because your teams @wasteyouryouth are older than my ones. My SA and NZ (Friedlele7) have pretty much 100% correct bats

Also, and this is not taking the piss, have you thought of not bowling with a silly mid on to pacers? I don't believe this is helping the AI - it's a very rare position for a fast bowler (short leg more orthodox but again not super common except for short pitched bowling or if it's really swinging in to the batsman).

I haven't been, I don't even use it with the spinners anymore since it's unclear if we're getting more patches and I'm just playing for enjoyment.

Looks like you are using my latest teams whereas @wasteyouryouth is used an old set up. I have made regular updates to all my teams including bats etc.

The issue with those bats not being assigned, might be because your teams @wasteyouryouth are older than my ones. My SA and NZ (Friedlele7) have pretty much 100% correct bats
Have you edited the players skills at all?

I think the issue is probably because I deleted a lot of stuff because of duplicates. So when I downloaded them the bats were looking for things that weren't there. I've noticed that it'll just replace with the next thing in 'line'. So I end up with completely random logos on the bats - sponsors, team logos etc.

I've taken @blockerdave's 1980's Australia and Sri Lanka side out for a spin. Test match at the SCG, Veteran level. Playing as Sri Lanka I exhibited my usual crumby batting and got skittled out by Lillee and Thomson for a meagre 196. Going into bowl, I had no expectation of getting a first innings lead. However, Australia couldn't handle the de Silva's. Here's how the wickets fell:

FNBEAKt.jpg

Laird holed out to a catch in the deep
Wood got the finest of edges trying to glance the ball down the legside and was caught behind
Dyson, Chappell and Hughes all fell rapidly to the bat-pad smash drive, caught and silly mid on.
Border went the same way as Laird
Mallet, Thomson and Marsh got caught behind, two on the offside and one down the legside
Lillee got a thin inside edge onto his stumps

When they were 5 down for 53 and there were lots of bat-pad smashes, I moved the silly mid-on to short leg and, as predicted by @AnkitC, all bat-pad smashes disappeared. I didn't see another one in the rest of the match. Australia found other ways to get themselves out but not much to keep the close fielders interested. Their was just one unusual bat-pad in this latter period of the game. The batsman (can't remember who now) tried to play one of those odd lofted chip shots, got an edge into the pads and it looped up for what would have been an easy catch for someone at leg slip, if there had been someone there. I felt that to be slightly reassuring, I don't want the fact that there is no one at silly mid on to mean that all close catchers become just meat-shields again (they still can't hold onto balls that hit them from sweeps and the like).

Anyway, still more testing to do...I've no idea how the second innings will go...apart from the fact that I'm bound to get out cheaply.

Users who are viewing this thread