Steam update for DBC17 released

Have you had any issue being selected for tournaments but not actually being able to play them?
on several occassions I was selected as part of team but as 12th man so benched...(may be due to poor performance )

I guess its part of the dynamic line ups

Great to see 2 run outs in one game. Is this is with manual or semi assisted fielding?

At the risk of repeating myself, the only issues I have with the game now is lack of run-outs and occasional field settings bug. But run-outs are clearly happening for other people. It may just be bad luck at my end, but is it possible that it may be affected by logo deletion? I had to delete a few some months ago. Did not re-download anything after that.
I had some bizarre field setting issue the other night. It was one of my streams, so I might have a look and see if I can find it. In general though this has not been a problem for me recently.

The run outs were semi assisted.

Bowled for a session on PS4 with new patch, same circumstances as the previous games I've played.

Still plenty of wickets. The bat pad occurrence: nothing until the 16th over, then two in two balls. I think one more a ball or two after du Plessis was out to a more 'orthodox' bat pad.

The most noticeable difference for me was the controller. I think the PS4 controller is miles better, but when it comes to Bradman the Xbox (use on my PC) sticks are easier to control sticks are more precise. My bowling was a lot more wayward than it is on PC. Could be because I'm out of practice with the PS4. The reflex catching: the button or arrow seems to move slower to the slot (make sense?) on PS4 but still have the same timing slot. I dropped two catches which I think I'd have taken on PC.

Twitch - video of the session here, fall of wickets on the scorecard can help you skip through to find the wickets if you want to see them. de Bruyn was caught at fine leg; I like those unusual dismissals that crop up. And I did another bowled just for @Langeveldt
R20g0QF.png

Bowled for a session on PS4 with new patch, same circumstances as the previous games I've played.

Still plenty of wickets. The bat pad occurrence: nothing until the 16th over, then two in two balls. I think one more a ball or two after du Plessis was out to a more 'orthodox' bat pad.

The most noticeable difference for me was the controller. I think the PS4 controller is miles better, but when it comes to Bradman the Xbox (use on my PC) sticks are easier to control sticks are more precise. My bowling was a lot more wayward than it is on PC. Could be because I'm out of practice with the PS4. The reflex catching: the button or arrow seems to move slower to the slot (make sense?) on PS4 but still have the same timing slot. I dropped two catches which I think I'd have taken on PC.

Twitch - video of the session here, fall of wickets on the scorecard can help you skip through to find the wickets if you want to see them. de Bruyn was caught at fine leg; I like those unusual dismissals that crop up. And I did another bowled just for @Langeveldt
R20g0QF.png

As the patch has been submitted it looks like we are going to have to artificially get rid of the bat pads by either not having fielders there or reloading. It's a shame. I don't know why they couldn't just remove whatever was inserted that caused the issue. I guess it is more difficult than that.

As the patch has been submitted it looks like we are going to have to artificially get rid of the bat pads by either not having fielders there or reloading. It's a shame. I don't know why they couldn't just remove whatever was inserted that caused the issue. I guess it is more difficult than that.

From what I gather, the choice was between either what we have now or no bat-pads at all. Personally as I've yet to see a legitimate bat-pad off a block, and no longer play with close fielders on the on-side anyway, I would have preferred them gone completely but I'm aware some people disagree.

From what I gather, the choice was between either what we have now or no bat-pads at all. Personally as I've yet to see a legitimate bat-pad off a block, and no longer play with close fielders on the on-side anyway, I would have preferred them gone completely but I'm aware some people disagree.
I can live with them happening in limited overs because I don't have close fielders and it feels like a miss hit shot into the pads is something that could happen in a T20 or ODI. In test matches and other longer form games for me there are too many aggressive shots. I'm finding more and more variety with with dismissals, which is great, but a lot still seem to be lobs to the in field or the bat pad hoick creating the catching opportunity at for close fielders.

It might seem self-defeating of me to choose not to play long form matches because of it but I'm kind of getting to that point. Setting fields that make it easy for the AI just takes away the fun for me. I'm not saying for a minute this is the Big Ant attitude, if they want to resolve it they will try, but some people seem to think that pretending it's not there is an acceptable solution. Which in doing removes the legitimate bat pads anyway if there's no one there catching. It's like saying you can't play wing-backs on PES because the AI can't mark them properly. At what point do you stop making accommodations by not having particular fielders? I've caught these at silly mid on, primarily, but I've taken them at short leg, silly mid off, short mid wicket and one caught and bowled. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a keeper catch in there too with the way they move around sometimes.

I'm really enjoying bowling in general, T20 matches all round, ODIs when I've played them and batting in test matches too. So I'd probably just stick to them if I find that this continues. Bat all innings of a test or simulate as others have suggested.

Frankly, I'm boring myself by continuing to go on about it so I'm sure everyone else is tired of hearing about it. IF I post again about it please delete it or ban me. :thumbs

I can live with them happening in limited overs because I don't have close fielders and it feels like a miss hit shot into the pads is something that could happen in a T20 or ODI. In test matches and other longer form games for me there are too many aggressive shots. I'm finding more and more variety with with dismissals, which is great, but a lot still seem to be lobs to the in field or the bat pad hoick creating the catching opportunity at for close fielders.

It might seem self-defeating of me to choose not to play long form matches because of it but I'm kind of getting to that point. Setting fields that make it easy for the AI just takes away the fun for me. I'm not saying for a minute this is the Big Ant attitude, if they want to resolve it they will try, but some people seem to think that pretending it's not there is an acceptable solution. Which in doing removes the legitimate bat pads anyway if there's no one there catching. It's like saying you can't play wing-backs on PES because the AI can't mark them properly. At what point do you stop making accommodations by not having particular fielders? I've caught these at silly mid on, primarily, but I've taken them at short leg, silly mid off, short mid wicket and one caught and bowled. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a keeper catch in there too with the way they move around sometimes.

I'm really enjoying bowling in general, T20 matches all round, ODIs when I've played them and batting in test matches too. So I'd probably just stick to them if I find that this continues. Bat all innings of a test or simulate as others have suggested.

Frankly, I'm boring myself by continuing to go on about it so I'm sure everyone else is tired of hearing about it. IF I post again about it please delete it or ban me. :thumbs

Yeah I'm bored of it too. Time to enjoy what we have to work with I guess :) You got Duminy bowled beautifully so that is all good.

I haven't played much with new patch yet, but anyone getting any lbws against the AI?

I haven't played much with new patch yet, but anyone getting any lbws against the AI?

Yes many time on Hard Batting and AI Legend

Conclusion of my match vs South Africa as England:

Now you know the result, get your bets on the match starting later today! ;)

Excellent , What is the Batting difficulty and AI Difficulty ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes many time on Hard Batting and AI Legend

?

Forgive me but to clarify you are getting the AI batsmen out lbw whilst you are bowling. Your post implies the AI is getting you out ?

Cheers

Forgive me but to clarify you are getting the AI batsmen out lbw whilst you are bowling. Your post implies the AI is getting you out ?

Cheers

As Career I am Batsman . But in Tour Match I did 1 times Last week in Test Match as Spinner .

Users who are viewing this thread