Steam update for DBC17 released

24bEVKF.jpg
After that enjoyable defeat I had another match and batted first. Wanted to share the Chittagong card cause of the three bowleds and two run outs. I wanted to record them but I forgot that at the end of the game you can't access replays! So you'll have to imagine three yorkers clattering off stump, a run out from mid on after Smith set off and turned back.

I know T20 is not the favourite of everyone but it is really enjoyable on this game. Before and after the patches I reckon 8 out of 10 matches go at least until the last over. Now with the slightly turbo charged AI batting and more cautious fields it is really tough.

Bowling - defending 160 is so much riskier now. Before the patches I'd be confident defending 135-140. Not anymore. You can bowl four or five good balls and then let that last one slip it gets clobbered for six and the AI is still on pace. There's no room for complacency. Even with the AI needing 16 off the last over I was still not feeling home and dry (I have lost two games in the past because of last ball sixes).

These games have been on Veteran. I'm still getting the bat pads but because I have no close fielders it's not been an issue. I don't think it's a bug that both matches I scored 160 from 18.4. But you never know. ;)

0Occ5Tu.jpg
pNXTpih.jpg
Great to see 2 run outs in one game. Is this is with manual or semi assisted fielding?

At the risk of repeating myself, the only issues I have with the game now is lack of run-outs and occasional field settings bug. But run-outs are clearly happening for other people. It may just be bad luck at my end, but is it possible that it may be affected by logo deletion? I had to delete a few some months ago. Did not re-download anything after that.

From Facebook post :cheers

Hi all,

Great news! Today's the big day for Don Bradman Cricket fans on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One; the big new patch for Don Bradman Cricket 17 is landing today.

Thank you to your patience as we've been working hard with our PC community to make this patch as comprehensive as possible. There's a list of the major fixes below that have been exhaustively tested by the PC users, and you should find that this makes for a far "cleaner" game of cricket, based on the most requested features and updates that we've had come in since the last patch.

Enjoy, and thank you again for your support and patience over the past weeks:

Tuned AI chance of being bowled
Further adjustments to field presets
Bowling order selection screen now shows type abbreviation
Added copy uniform option to the Team Editor
Removed unused skills from player comparison screen
Tuned AI shot selection
Fixed issue where timer would display online despite disabling them
Online connectivity improvements
General stability improvements
Updated credits text
Resolved issue where opening bowling tactics menu could cause a crash
Resolved issue where career would incorrectly record 50s and 100s
Added balls faced to match summary scorecard
Updates to fielding presets
Tuned AI innings pacing
Tuned AI dismissals
Further tweaks to AI dismissals
Fix for crash that could occur playing unorthodox shots
Further AI batting tuning
Tuned starting confidence values
Tuned difficulty of catching

Enjoy, and thank you again for your support and patience over the past weeks:

Tuned AI chance of being bowled
Bowling order selection screen now shows type abbreviation
Added copy uniform option to the Team Editor
Removed unused skills from player comparison screen
Tuned AI shot selection
Fixed issue where timer would display online despite disabling them
Online connectivity improvements
General stability improvements
Updated credits text
Resolved issue where opening bowling tactics menu could cause a crash
Resolved issue where career would incorrectly record 50s and 100s
Added balls faced to match summary scorecard
Tuned AI innings pacing
Tuned AI dismissals
Further tweaks to AI dismissals
Fix for crash that could occur playing unorthodox shots
Further AI batting tuning
Tuned starting confidence values
Tuned difficulty of catching

Great to hear and thank you very much Big Ant! :)

I note that there is:

It could be a simple matter of overlooking, but neither of those mention custom fields sticking now, which is concerning.. Would be great for some clarification on that, if possible MattW?

There was so many fixes on pc. Very little on ps4 according to the list given. Verry worried
Yep, I hope it covers everything that was out on PC.

Saw this post while driving to office at traffic signal:lol , thinking of returning back to home now as sick leave

Last edited:
Saw this post while driving to office at traffic signal:lol , thinking of returning back to home now as sick leave now.
Calm down satan! It is not live yet for this region (on Xbox). EDIT : Drive safe!

Anyone on the current PC build have any issues when being selected by other teams in different competitions? Sometimes, the career mode player would get selected for a squad but never play a game for the side.

All right, ODI with Veteran/Medium Bowling on a Grassy pitch. One clean bowled, 4 catches to deep cover point. I have been thrashed to 160+ in T20s in Pro, so dunno what happened here. Usually the collapse is via spinners, so that's a welcome change here.

upload_2017-5-23_23-33-54.png

was playing career mode last night (after the most recent patch) on pro - medium -medium as entire club team(not as career player)

All credit to BA for all the improvements till date but still certain bugs which needs address
Some observations which hopefully get addressed by BA

* WHILE BATTING

- While running the batsman doesnt ground the bats early before the crease & rather continue to walk over the crease. I found this on almost all occasions when the i cancelled a run call. The batsman were sluggish in reaching to the crease & i narrowly escaped run outs..

- The batsman doesnt return to the crease quickly after coming down the track & missing the ball , resulting in several stumpings. 4 times I missed out of which i was stumped twice despite being well set with a confidence of 90 & 95%. The other 2 times when i was saved because the wicketkeeper was slow in his reaction & weirdly instead of simply knocking off he bails he tried to throw it but missed it (LOL). An unusual bug. Hope BA improves the reaction time of the batsman to return to the crease like in DBC 14 which was instant...\

- I defended several times to good deliveries, but strange thing happened thrice due to which I was run out once & nearly a 2nd time but missed marginally after a 3rd umpire referral. I had defended a delivery & the ball stopped just next to me on the off side , I was well into my follow through safe into he crease and as usual I see the keeper rushing to get the ball & in the process he pushed me out of the crease & throws the ball onto the stumps to get me out. This was the 1st time it happened & I was well out of the crease. It was deeply annoying to get out this way when a set batsman is cruising away to victory...The 2nd time it happened the batsman somehow managed to get into the crease before the bails came off (no appeals).. The 3rd time it happened & they appealed for 3rd umpire which gave me not out (no replays were shown) When i saw the manual replay I could see how i escaped narrowly by inches...but what was annoying to see in the replays was the way the keeper pushes you out of the crease & the batsman also could not stand the push LOL

- several times , The broadcast camera 2 as running camera zooms in onto the ball from above at a perpendicular height & that too a lot which makes it next to impossible to judge where the fielder is in relation to the ball & thus take 1s &2s. Otherwise the camera angles are really good when it stays straight near the commentators box height & zooms out onto the ball through the field .
When it zooms perpendicularly it it V V uncomfortable. I hope they adjust the camera angle to always keep it at that angle irrespective of shots & excessive zooming in onto the ball...

* WHILE BOWLING
- the auto reset of the fields still continues to haunt the game...Even in preset fields the fielders are randomly placed even closer to each other at shaking hand distances, lopsided fields leaving large gaps & eventually you see the AI batsman clubbing boundaries in those gaps & you feel frustrated after all the effort put into the strategic field set...

- occassional bat pads popping into the air. Got 1 dismissal that way. But when i keep a closing fielder there they then attack hence I have to remove the closing fielder to plug the gap....As it is since it was club T20 match found too many closing fielders to be counter productive

I hope BA will surely look in these bugs & iron them out in the next patch just like they did in DBC 14...The batsman returning to the crease instantly is v v crucial else it makes the attacking shot counter productive (the moment the ball is missed) THey can balance it such that the stumpings are not ruled out altogether from the game...

Even the new broadcast camera 2 is really good but needs some tweaking to keep it at a fixed height (so that a broader FOV is visible to like we see in real TV broadcast thus enabling to judge 1s & 2s more efficiently) The broader FOV is already there in it, its just that they need to make it permanent so that the camera does not float perpendicularly onto the ball zoomed in.

Cheers All

Last edited:
was playing career mode last night (after the most recent patch) on pro - medium -medium as entire club team(not as career player)

All credit to BA for all the improvements till date but still certain bugs which needs address
Some observations which hopefully get addressed by BA

* WHILE BATTING

- While running the batsman doesnt ground the bats early before the crease & rather continue to walk over the crease. I found this on almost all occasions when the i cancelled a run call. The batsman were sluggish in reaching to the crease & i narrowly escaped run outs..

- The batsman doesnt return to the crease quickly after coming down the track & missing the ball , resulting in several stumpings. 4 times I missed out of which i was stumped twice despite being well set with a confidence of 90 & 95%. The other 2 times when i was saved because the wicketkeeper was slow in his reaction & weirdly instead of simply knocking off he bails he tried to throw it but missed it (LOL). An unusual bug. Hope BA improves the reaction time of the batsman to return to the crease like in DBC 14 which was instant...\

- I defended several times to good deliveries, but strange thing happened thrice due to which I was run out once & nearly a 2nd time but missed marginally after a 3rd umpire referral. I had defended a delivery & the ball stopped just next to me on the off side , I was well into my follow through safe into he crease and as usual I see the keeper rushing to get the ball & in the process he pushed me out of the crease & throws the ball onto the stumps to get me out. This was the 1st time it happened & I was well out of the crease. It was deeply annoying to get out this way when a set batsman is cruising away to victory...The 2nd time it happened the batsman somehow managed to get into the crease before the bails came off (no appeals).. The 3rd time it happened & they appealed for 3rd umpire which gave me not out (no replays were shown) When i saw the manual replay I could see how i escaped narrowly by inches...but what was annoying to see in the replays was the way the keeper pushes you out of the crease & the batsman also could not stand the push LOL

- several times , The broadcast camera 2 as running camera zooms in onto the ball from above at a perpendicular height & that too a lot which makes it next to impossible to judge where the fielder is in relation to the ball & thus take 1s &2s. Otherwise the camera angles are really good when it stays straight near the commentators box height & zooms out onto the ball through the field .
When it zooms perpendicularly it it V V uncomfortable. I hope they adjust the camera angle to always keep it at that angle irrespective of shots & excessive zooming in onto the ball...

* WHILE BOWLING
- the auto reset of the fields still continues to haunt the game...Even in preset fields the fielders are randomly placed even closer to each other at shaking hand distances, lopsided fields leaving large gaps & eventually you see the AI batsman clubbing boundaries in those gaps & you feel frustrated after all the effort put into the strategic field set...

- occassional bat pads popping into the air. Got 1 dismissal that way. But when i keep a closing fielder there they then attack hence I have to remove the closing fielder to plug the gap....As it is since it was club T20 match found too many closing fielders to be counter productive

I hope BA will surely look in these bugs & iron them out in the next patch just like they did in DBC 14...The batsman returning to the crease instantly is v v crucial else it makes the attacking shot counter productive (the moment the ball is missed) THey can balance it such that the stumpings are not ruled out altogether from the game...

Even the new broadcast camera 2 is really good but needs some tweaking to keep it at a fixed height (so that a broader FOV is visible to like we see in real TV broadcast thus enabling to judge 1s & 2s more efficiently) The broader FOV is already there in it, its just that they need to make it permanent so that the camera does not float perpendicularly onto the ball zoomed in.

Cheers All
Have you had any issue being selected for tournaments but not actually being able to play them?

Users who are viewing this thread