Steam update for DBC17 released

I have a request, a small one.

When a spinner is on, can we get the RPM to show up for longer than split second before it shows the speed of the delivery?

When bowling by the time you have watched the delivery play out the RPM is long gone and you cant see it, only way to see is if you look at that part of the screen and not the delivery while its in flight.

Obviously for seamers the speed is what matters but for the spinners id rather see the RPM and not the speed or, set the RPM to show for say 3 seconds ish before the speed comes up, not the millisecond it currently shows for.

Small one but i think would help.
The speed matters to[DOUBLEPOST=1494101861][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah once was enough you miserable git.....
He was may be a superman or a superman or a batman

He was may be a superman or a superman or a batman
Or may be even a superman....good lord I thought the bottom of the dregs of the forum had been reached....congrats...you found a way down even further.....does nothing bring joy to you? Nothing? Forget it....ignored....hope they find out about your double account.....

I wouldn't term it a "small" concern. That's a pretty legitimate concern given AI isn't competitive in shorter formats. Also seems like the inside edge on to the pads is way over-powered.

To be fair, the inside edge onto pad isn't that over powered. I'm not a fan of the jam into the heel shot. But again I had an whole innings of it not showing.

To be fair, the inside edge onto pad isn't that over powered. I'm not a fan of the jam into the heel shot. But again I had an whole innings of it not showing.

I would leave the steam/PC community be the judge of that. I simply wanted to raise the flag coz nearly every other video I've seen has an inside edge related dismissal and the same is mentioned in most of the gameplay experience. Don't want it to turn into a scenario where you know you will get an inside edge with your name written on it.

I second that. At first it may feel that the probability is quite high. But then again you'll get games where it just doesn't occur.

I would leave the steam/PC community be the judge of that. I simply wanted to raise the flag coz nearly every other video I've seen has an inside edge related dismissal and the same is mentioned in most of the gameplay experience. Don't want it to turn into a scenario where you know you will get an inside edge with your name written on it.

Never had it when myself was batting

I've reported this problem on the bugs thread, but just wondered if anyone else is seeing it.

I have a VPN (PIA) running, and with the latest build (0.0.0.1.1957), the game believes it's offline, and so doesn't get any further than the splash screen. It worked fine before, so I'm guessing it's related to the "online connectivity improvements" mentioned in the patch notes. My other Steam games run fine. If I turn off the VPN the game runs.

Totally love the game. The patches are are making a good game great, and fulfilling it's potential.

@Langeveldt - how about this beauty. Legend, hard bowling. no hint of an inside edge.

Same match had another bowled with an inside edge, but very realistic/organic looking, and what i thought was a plumb lbw right in front of middle stump, saved by the thinnest of inside edges.

@Langeveldt - how about this beauty. Legend, hard bowling. no hint of an inside edge.

Same match had another bowled with an inside edge, but very realistic/organic looking, and what i thought was a plumb lbw right in front of middle stump, saved by the thinnest of inside edges.

I've always been able to bowl people with in-swinging yorkers in ODI/T20 regardless of patch. This is from days after release:

Not managed it in FC though.

Also people recording their PC monitor with a camera makes me sad. ;)

I've always been able to bowl people with in-swinging yorkers in ODI/T20 regardless of patch. This is from days after release:

Not managed it in FC though.

Also people recording their PC monitor with a camera makes me sad. ;)

I managed it in FC once ever.

I know the vids are shite but my machine is not up to recording as well as playing!

Played with the latest patch to see the gameplay..Playing in star career as Ashwin..

-Too many wickets off bat pad..All the same kind..Shot->pad->Catch.
-Got a WK catch off inside edge but it was through the bat but was considered inside with the deviation it took.
-Defense is really good from AI now..
-Fielder response is also getting better..Some instances the fielder who tapped the ball back himself could take the throw instead of waiting for the other fielder to run and come to throw the ball..
-Wasnt able to field anything off my bowling, ball going nearby, over me etc were just passing by..Couldnt get the player to do anything [Could be looked at]..
-Getting back inside crease can be made backfoot drag into the crease which would be more realistic..

Because of this easy wicket giving option of bat-pad I got the figures of 7,3,6,4,7 so far..MOM in both the matches played..
What about bowling stats is it showing accurate?

Played a day of a test match (bowled for both teams) on legend, a few tweaks to the modifiers and some reduced stat England teams. 290 for 16 in the day. 16 caught dismissals. There was variety in the catches at least (slips, gully, keeper, infield, one where the keeper leapt about six feet in front of first slip).

It wasn't much different in terms of outcome from other matches. The top order struggles (not necessarily unrealistic).
When batsmen come down the crease they more often than not slog square rather than go down the ground.
I think 'Aggressive' mentality batsmen should perhaps play more aggressive ground shots rather than through the air (in Test and probably ODI too). Although even other batsmen seem to just lob up chances into the infield.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread