Steam update for DBC17 released

I play career mode to the exclusion of all else. I don't play online or casual games. My whole purpose for my purchasing this game was the career mode.
Now aside from the DYNAMIC Lineup, my main concern is that so far into the patch 4 regular updates and the stats for career mode is still in need of fixing. Its got to the point that I dispair of a fix ever being done. So far the regular updates have helped the game immensely and my other pet peeve running between the wickets has been fixed. Hopefully the career players will be considered at some stage soon.

To follow up with the video I reposted yesterday from back in February. Here is me getting a bowled with a yorker earlier today on the current patch:

I also got another similar one later on in the innings that hit offstump and an LBW with a very full swinger.

Last edited:
To all those matures of PC community, can't we just let all the nonsense, pass us by? Some so called "superior souls" here don't know this fact, that replying to and engaging with a communication initiated by a stupid, actually diminish your level to that stupidity? Even reacting to it also don't do any good. It only provokes the fool to be more notorious!!

Just act as you really are. If someone don't contribute, just let them post shyt. It's a forum FCS! You don't need to pick on them.

To all those matures of PC community, can't we just let all the nonsense, pass us by? Some so called "superior souls" here don't know this fact, that replying to and engaging with a communication initiated by a stupid, actually diminish your level to that stupidity? Even reacting to it also don't do any good. It only provokes the fool to be more notorious!!

Just act as you really are. If someone don't contribute, just let them post shyt. It's a forum FCS! You don't need to pick on them.
You are correct, don't give the children the opportunity. It is now borderline extracting the urine mentioning that particular subject so, how about alice bands? Okay I'm feeling the heat at the back of my neck...

This happened, should have hurt Kohli a bit but a wicket nevertheless...;)

20170507151536_1.jpg 20170507151537_1.jpg 20170507151538_1.jpg 20170507151539_1.jpg 20170507151540_1.jpg 20170507151541_1.jpg 20170507151543_1.jpg 20170507151544_1.jpg 20170507151545_1.jpg 20170507151547_1.jpg 20170507151547_2.jpg 20170507151548_1.jpg 20170507151549_1.jpg 20170507151551_1.jpg 20170507151552_1.jpg

Faced this:
-Still ball going through the bat.
-Overthrows even when fielders are lined up to catch the ball.
-Player is wearing sunglasses while bowling pace..
-Ball is really close to bowler to take a catch but the bowler doesnt react at all.See pic below..
20170507142019_1.jpg

This happened, should have hurt Kohli a bit but a wicket nevertheless...;)

View attachment 187697 View attachment 187698 View attachment 187699 View attachment 187700 View attachment 187701 View attachment 187702 View attachment 187703 View attachment 187704 View attachment 187705 View attachment 187706 View attachment 187707 View attachment 187708 View attachment 187709 View attachment 187710 View attachment 187711

Faced this:
-Still ball going through the bat.
-Overthrows even when fielders are lined up to catch the ball.
-Player is wearing sunglasses while bowling pace..
-Ball is really close to bowler to take a catch but the bowler doesnt react at all.See pic below..
View attachment 187712
Dude!!! your video recorder is broken or what? ;)

So no Harbhajan Singh and Monty Panesar... A kid like me loves playing the olden day games...
I do to ATM I am playing the Australian tour of Sri Lanka in April of 1983 takes me back to being 11 years old next up is the 1983 world cup in England

I've discovered a bug where in career mode when you save and exit just before you are scheduled to play your next match and then the next time you load the game and go to play that match the game decides to leave you out of the line up and place you as the 12th man. It doesn't matter if you are captain of the side or not. For example in my career I'm captaining the side and we are playing an ODI and I have gone through the selection phase and selected myself in the side and then proceed up to the point just before you can play the game and then I usually save and quit. Upon reloading my career mode I then go to play the game and to my surprise I'm the 12th man and cannot play the game. Again this occurs independently of if I am captain of the side or not. The work around at the moment is that I'm not advancing the calendar in my career up to the point just before any matches and then saving and quitting.

I've discovered a bug where in career mode when you save and exit just before you are scheduled to play your next match and then the next time you load the game and go to play that match the game decides to leave you out of the line up and place you as the 12th man. It doesn't matter if you are captain of the side or not. For example in my career I'm captaining the side and we are playing an ODI and I have gone through the selection phase and selected myself in the side and then proceed up to the point just before you can play the game and then I usually save and quit. Upon reloading my career mode I then go to play the game and to my surprise I'm the 12th man and cannot play the game. Again this occurs independently of if I am captain of the side or not. The work around at the moment is that I'm not advancing the calendar in my career up to the point just before any matches and then saving and quitting.

This happened to me on Xbox One (patch 3). Are you playing on PC with these latest patches ? Need to report this one in the bugs thread then.

From the rare feedback on Online Play , I can summarise that it sounds like not one of the Bugs has been squished , except the Countdown Timer that can be disabled ?

Everything else , it seems are still there , although it sound as if the pre-set fields seems to stick for while at least , which also is a small step forward.

Hoping that it can all get done an dusted , its interesting that the Online Bugs are so hard to fix. Maybe because of the Lag , that produces most of these ?

@blockerdave , @chaman82 , How about that Online Pro20 Game you guys were meant to play .

Maybe another proper matchup would be @grkrama vs @WealeyH , and @Dutch vs Chaman as well .

Would get good feedback from this .

Purchased DBC17 for PC version too , DBC14 was running smoothly on my PC. Hope DBC17 will also run smoothly.

Below configurations are of my PC.

Don Bradman Cricket 17 downloading.jpg
System properties.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread