Steam update for DBC17 released

Are those teams on the academy mate? What's your username... any retro kits or bats you've made?

i'm all about the retro!
Not at the moment I am just finishing them up I have done some of the old kits but I am on console so I can't do a great deal thats why I asked Llewelynf to do that other bat for the world cup I know they used white uniforms back then but I have made all the coloured ones for that era mainly from the world championship of cricket from 1985 but have got all the players from 83 WC in there teams I will upload to academy in morning as its past midnight now username sid333

I've discovered a bug where in career mode when you save and exit just before you are scheduled to play your next match and then the next time you load the game and go to play that match the game decides to leave you out of the line up and place you as the 12th man. It doesn't matter if you are captain of the side or not. For example in my career I'm captaining the side and we are playing an ODI and I have gone through the selection phase and selected myself in the side and then proceed up to the point just before you can play the game and then I usually save and quit. Upon reloading my career mode I then go to play the game and to my surprise I'm the 12th man and cannot play the game. Again this occurs independently of if I am captain of the side or not. The work around at the moment is that I'm not advancing the calendar in my career up to the point just before any matches and then saving and quitting.
Yes! I vouch for it. This bug indeed exits and suggesting you to please report it. :)

From the rare feedback on Online Play , I can summarise that it sounds like not one of the Bugs has been squished , except the Countdown Timer that can be disabled ?

Everything else , it seems are still there , although it sound as if the pre-set fields seems to stick for while at least , which also is a small step forward.

Hoping that it can all get done an dusted , its interesting that the Online Bugs are so hard to fix. Maybe because of the Lag , that produces most of these ?

@blockerdave , @chaman82 , How about that Online Pro20 Game you guys were meant to play .

Maybe another proper matchup would be @grkrama vs @WealeyH , and @Dutch vs Chaman as well .

Would get good feedback from this .

Pre-set stays when u set ur preset to
"all form type "
This is a the way out for now.

Run-out stumping bugs etc. Are still there.

Also.
The SOUND
Of " Ball on the Bat"
Needs improvement

Played this t20 on pro instead of legend (I'm beginning to think there's not a lot of difference at all), bowled in both innings. AI field settings and perhaps a little more end of innings risk/aggression and T20 would be just about there. 9th slip is now my favourite field placing.
ISAT9nE.jpg
zIi90Qn.jpg

Two lovely yorkers and a hilarious six.

Played this t20 on pro instead of legend (I'm beginning to think there's not a lot of difference at all), bowled in both innings. AI field settings and perhaps a little more end of innings risk/aggression and T20 would be just about there. 9th slip is now my favourite field placing.
ISAT9nE.jpg
zIi90Qn.jpg

Two lovely yorkers and a hilarious six.

Looks like AI still struggles to post bigger totals in shorter formats even with wkts in hand.

As this testing has now been going for a week and this thread being nearly 100 pages long and a bit difficult to go back through would some of the PC/beta testers please just write a bit each of their experiences of the build at the moment, what they are really liking or not liking and their suggestions for improvements.

Could be helpful to Big Ant following the weekend and just for the rest of us who unfortunately can't play the new builds

Looks like AI still struggles to post bigger totals in shorter formats even with wkts in hand.
I think the highest I've conceded is 170-180. Generally it's 135-150. The matches are generally competitive and I've had a lot of last over/ball finishes. That may be just my style of playing. If the AI field settings in limited overs can be improved upon then it could be really tough.

I've batted in both innings of another match with my altered teams and tweaked modifiers and there's really not much difference in the experience. It could be different playing a stronger team though.

As this testing has now been going for a week and this thread being nearly 100 pages long and a bit difficult to go back through would some of the PC/beta testers please just write a bit each of their experiences of the build at the moment, what they are really liking or not liking and their suggestions for improvements.

Could be helpful to Big Ant following the weekend and just for the rest of us who unfortunately can't play the new builds
My view is that in terms of gameplay, which despite what some people think is the most important thing, the AI is not competitive enough. Some of this can be solved with simple changes. Field settings in limited overs: it needs to be ensured that the field placements it has to select from are more appropriate. When you're facing three men out it can be too easy to hit over the top or even through the field into gaps. I think even if the AI posts 135-150 in a T20 it'd be a real challenge to chase when they're putting five fielders outside the circle for longer than just the last three or four overs.

The more complex is stuff is that across the board AI batting seems weak. In limited overs their is a lack of AI aggression in T20. When you feel like you're staring down 170 you end up only conceding 140-50. Maybe I'm just amazing at death bowling but after the powerplay it never feels like a point will come when the game will be taken away from you either from consistent aggression or a real slog in the last five overs. Maybe some of this is to do with the confidence of new batsman in that they're less likely to play big shots if they only just come in.

I've seen some differences with playing around with batsman mentalities but the sort of average scores never seem to change.

I've only played a little test cricket in the game but the impression I get is that the top order of teams are too vulnerable thus creating the low scores.

I really love bowling on this game but it still feels more a case of when not if you'll get the next wicket. There's a couple of minor changes I'd like to see (making it possible to keep the bowling hud to choose the delivery but having it hidden or switching it off during the delivery. However I've got a custom setting for bowling difficulty and I get far fewer perfect deliveries now. The other is that the AI bowlers seem to have a few MPH less pace than when I use them. I think it's probably because they either vary the deliveries more or don't 'get' more perfect deliveries (I think this must slow the increase of their confidence too).

I don't know what everyone else thinks about batting but to me it's pretty good (when set on Hard difficult). I've increased the shot force on the modifiers which makes six hitting easier something that I really found to be nearly impossible unless I was playing with a batsmen with a very high Strength skill.

Fielding is fine (save for a few weird things - fielders backing up over the boundary line, keepers leaping all over the place).

Last edited:
This happened to me on Xbox One (patch 3). Are you playing on PC with these latest patches ? Need to report this one in the bugs thread then.
I'm playing on PC with the latest patch. So it seems that this issue is across platforms.

My view is that in terms of gameplay, which despite what some people think is the most important thing, the AI is not competitive enough. Some of this can be solved with simple changes. Field settings in limited overs: it needs to be ensured that the field placements it has to select from are more appropriate. When you're facing three men out it can be too easy to hit over the top or even through the field into gaps. I think even if the AI posts 135-150 in a T20 it'd be a real challenge to chase when they're putting five fielders outside the circle for longer than just the last three or four overs.

The more complex is stuff is that across the board AI batting seems weak. In limited overs their is a lack of AI aggression in T20. When you feel like you're staring down 170 you end up only conceding 140-50. Maybe I'm just amazing at death bowling but after the powerplay it never feels like a point will come when the game will be taken away from you either from consistent aggression or a real slog in the last five overs. Maybe some of this is to do with the confidence of new batsman in that they're less likely to play big shots if they only just come in.

I've seen some differences with playing around with batsman mentalities but the sort of average scores never seem to change.

I've only played a little test cricket in the game but the impression I get is that the top order of teams are too vulnerable thus creating the low scores.

I really love bowling on this game but it still feels more a case of when not if you'll get the next wicket. There's a couple of minor changes I'd like to see (making it possible to keep the bowling hud to choose the delivery but having it hidden or switching it off during the delivery. However I've got a custom setting for bowling difficulty and I get far fewer perfect deliveries now. The other is that the AI bowlers seem to have a few MPH less pace than when I use them. I think it's probably because they either vary the deliveries more or don't 'get' more perfect deliveries (I think this must slow the increase of their confidence too).

I don't know what everyone else thinks about batting but to me it's pretty good (when set on Hard difficult). I've increased the shot force on the modifiers which makes six hitting easier something that I really found to be nearly impossible unless I was playing with a batsmen with a very high Strength skill.

Fielding is fine (save for a few weird things - fielders backing up over the boundary line, keepers leaping all over the place).
Thanks this is exactly the feedback I was hoping to see. Will be perfect for Big Ant to see tomorrow!

Some very interesting things in there. AI competitiveness and how they set their fields definitely feels like something that needs changing. Playing on PS4 think I can use two or three shots for all my boundaries and they barely change the field.

Thanks this is exactly the feedback I was hoping to see. Will be perfect for Big Ant to see tomorrow!

Some very interesting things in there. AI competitiveness and how they set their fields definitely feels like something that needs changing. Playing on PS4 think I can use two or three shots for all my boundaries and they barely change the field.
How a tactic is determined (guessing this is something like balls faced or confidence of a batsman) and what fields are available for selection both seem to work fairly well. There are lots of good default fields and I use a lot myself. There are changes I make or that could be made but field settings are largely subjective. It'd be nice to be able to edit default fields.

It's where they meet in the middle that's the problem. If AI is going for balanced tactic in a T20, which is seems to do for much of the match between over 7-17, and the balanced fields only have three men out it begins to be a glaring problem. The question is what is the best fix for the time available. I'm guessing changing how a tactic is determined could cause more problems than is worth it. Changing the fields and just excepting that the system can't be perfect right now and that AI will be more defensive seems like the sensible option. While I haven't played many 50 over matches if there are similar issues it'd just be simple to make sure all fields between over 11 and 40 are four out and all fields between 41-50 are five out.

It'd be great to have each team or captain choose fields differently, depending on situation, bowler, batsmen, match type. You could call it dynamic field setting.:D But that seems like something for future games, right now it'd be good to just have a system that functions as well as it can.

The good

I love the back foot game play and the spinners bowling short. It opens up a lot of the game that wasn't there before
Mentalities seem to be having an effect enough for me, with playing around with some sliders.
Nicks off a defensive shot are great (and a massive part of test cricket).
Bat pads are a nice addition
I think bowler stamina is improved, but I ramp the speed up a bit anyway so maybe it is just me.
Edges are great and varied.

The bad

The obvious inability to get a clean bowled (in my experience, in tests), or an LBW takes about half of the game of cricket away for me.
Bat pads come far too often now and only when driving.

I don't really care for T20 cricketainment or online gaming but for those that do, well I hope you have found positive results. I mainly bowl so haven't been able to look at fields that much.

Users who are viewing this thread