Steam update for DBC17 released

Odd that the download of the update finished in a jiffy but installation of the same took a good 15-20 minutes

Apologies if this has been answered before, but has the logo database full error fixed in this patch?

It's not an error if you've reached the limit of logos.

There was already a fix to remove duplicate logos. Otherwise, if you get that message, it means you've reached the limit.

Well the one fix I have been waiting eagerly for is the AI field placements in limited overs and unfortunately it has not been resolved fully yet. Even in the 18th over a T20 match the AI sets only two fielders out side the 30 yards circle with only two slips in place which feels more like a test field and kills the whole feel of the game. Pleas fix this, the AI should spread the field after power plays. Other thing which still needs a fix is the AI responsiveness in end overs. The AI hardly tries to whack the ball even in the last over in T20s. The AI is happy to block or go for singles rather than look to maximize the end overs. Please look on this. I believe if you are able to fix these two things then the game will near to perfection. @BigAntStudios

Pace T20 Bal 3,4 (to many slips for Bal fields)

Spin T20 Bal 9,1(0 outfielders)

Spin T20 att 1 (only 1 outfielder)

AI is setting the field according to batsman confidence I think.
So if there r new batsman even in the slog overs it will set a attacking field with less outfielders.

Like T20 pp
T20 slog over category is needed

Yes I was referring to AI choosing lineups in career mode being the same for all formats...
Ex: For South Africa Team will not select any all rounders for test matches bowlers are Steyn, Morkel, Rabada, Philander. Which is fine and acceptable .
But this same lineup continues for ODI and T20 ... guess the 5th bowler who bowls in ODI and T20 it's none other than AB Devillers himself and F Bahrandein... how unrealistic it is:facepalm
Please report this as the biggest bug in steam.. Its must be a priority for big ant other than that field change thing by AI.. Which is not that a big problem..

Certainly. There is a noticeable difference for me when batting now. Normal drives are dribbling to the inner circle. Yesterday, I was able to drive for fours. Now it seems the ball is attached to string to mid off and mid on. There seems to be zero power even if the is ball played perfectly. I cant quite put my finger on it... I immediately could tell the difference since last patch.

This usually happens on a soft , Wearing/Worn pitch . Its one of the good things of DBC17 , different pitch types actually play differently . Although I personally feel that the powershot straight could be upped by a percent or two , as 9/10 times you end up hitting it to deep Mid on/off in our Online Pro20`s .

Yeah I have come across this; I would set a leg gulley and he would end up at deep mid off behind mid off! It only happened after a certain part of the match... weird

This sounds identical to the current Field Placement bug on the console , where the game would just put 1 x fielder out of place , so Ive grown so used to it , that I allways just look for the one oke and manually put him on his correct spot 2nd time around and then it sticks most of the times.

Is there an AI field set with mid off and deep mid-off?

What format?[DOUBLEPOST=1493704209][/DOUBLEPOST]

Whenever it happened to me in the beta it came after using apply all

The "Apply to All" button on the field placements currently results in the 30 second limit being used up once you press it on the console version , so it seems there is still something up with that button.

If anyone can think of a pattern to it - ideally if it's something that happens after a particular point of a match, saving and resuming and seeing if it still occurs - and then if so, sending though that match save game.

It's a priority to track down and fix any issues with stats or fields not setting correctly.
i dont know why all r talking about only carrer and compitition mode no one care about online game play online game field setting problem we can not change the field twice in an over most of the time when we set the same field for all than also filed change and reset to default players are moving around during field change and this is not happen with me only plz fix this ...thanx.

This usually happens on a soft , Wearing/Worn pitch . Its one of the good things of DBC17 , different pitch types actually play differently . Although I personally feel that the powershot straight could be upped by a percent or two , as 9/10 times you end up hitting it to deep Mid on/off in our Online Pro20`s .

This sounds identical to the current Field Placement bug on the console , where the game would just put 1 x fielder out of place , so Ive grown so used to it , that I allways just look for the one oke and manually put him on his correct spot 2nd time around and then it sticks most of the times.

The "Apply to All" button on the field placements currently results in the 30 second limit being used up once you press it on the console version , so it seems there is still something up with that button.

i dont know why all r talking about only carrer and compitition mode no one care about online game play online game field setting problem we can not change the field twice in an over most of the time when we set the same field for all than also filed change and reset to default players are moving around during field change and this is not happen with me only plz fix this ...thanx.
To sum all up changes needed are
1) your online improvement.
2) AI slogging more in death overs.
3) Dynamic lineups must be selected by AI across all three formats in career mode.
4) AI selecting fields according to situations.. Being logical
If these 4 changes are made.. It would become a more smoother and beautiful game.

So the field placing issues still persist hey?

Pace T20 Bal 3,4 (to many slips for Bal fields)

Spin T20 Bal 9,1(0 outfielders)

Spin T20 att 1 (only 1 outfielder)

AI is setting the field according to batsman confidence I think.
So if there r new batsman even in the slog overs it will set a attacking field with less outfielders.

Like T20 pp
T20 slog over category is needed

The fields you have mentioned and a few more have been looked at and changed, will probably make it in next build i think.

May be the base of game play is between career or competition modes.
Moreover I think majority don't play online.

The fields you have mentioned and a few more have been looked at and changed, will probably make it in next build i think.

T20 fields..

I think all the att and Bal fields should have a minimum of 3 or 4 outfielders.

May b Adding option to edit the preloaded fields would take care of all the problems.

Big ant would b needing veteran online players for proper beta testing all the online problems.

1hr from now , yesterday same time we have had one build from big ant ... may be today as well fingers crossed

Users who are viewing this thread