Steam update for DBC17 released

BigAnt please put old broadcast camera along with new Revamped cam .I am always a broadcast player. If not, adjust the Revamped camera to move some height as feeling very difficult to bat and bowl as it lies very low on umpires hat. Hope it will be sorted in next update. Thanks

Can any PC player post a clip of the new revamped cam for those of us with console only to see please? It seems kiran thinks that todays update actually makes it lower than it was before rather than the slight increase to angled elevation people have been talking about, which would be surprising. So, a look would be great. :)

Sight screen problems

This along with the "early game timing" for batting, is effecting the
"Pro cam No Hud" gameplay massively.

Last edited:
New update posted by Big Ant on FB, including revamped Broadcast camera for those of us who asked. I hope it ties in well with the best fielding camera for when the shots get hit away (usually Fielding 1 I think). Can any PC guys who like Broadcast cams test and see?

I can't believe how lately Big Ant have gone from so silent to so communicative! I think they must've had their heads under the hood of this game and not talking whilst they fixed a lot of core programming, physics and AI stuff that they honestly couldn't have found acceptable, because what it seems like is now that all of that's done they're putting all the proper bells and whistles on the game. Great work Big Ant!

Don Bradman Cricket 17 Steam Update Patch Notes V0.1.0940
=============================================

Revamped Broadcast Camera

Tested already. Its highly uncomfortable to play & has eliminated the sheer visual realism of the previous broadcast cameras...

check my earlier post....

I have posted a
Can any PC player post a clip of the new revamped cam for those of us with console only to see please? It seems kiran thinks that todays update actually makes it lower than it was before rather than the slight increase to angled elevation people have been talking about, which would be surprising. So, a look would be great. :)

i have posted a couple of screenshots in earlier posts on this same thread yesterday...
you may have a look at them...

This thread...

If you want to make a suggestion, make it once. It doesn't need to be posted multiple times on every page.

Post it once. Make it coherent.

But I want dynamic line ups and old broadcast camera options - no one has asked for these.......have they?

:p

It'd have to be earned. Maybe a combination of a near perfectly aimed inswinger, a batsman with stats that aren't that too high in the right areas, lowering batsmans confidence to a sufficient level, high bowler confidence and a few dot balls in a row could produce a miss that hits the stumps.

Yeah that's my thinking.

Issue is that if there's a verified way to force the batsman into a mistake it can break the game fairly quick.

If bowling 5 outswingers in a row increases my chance of an inswinger taking a wicket considerably is that a good or bad thing? I actually don't know the answer and there's an argument for both sides.

But I want dynamic line ups and old broadcast camera options - no one has asked for these.......have they?
I hve asked fr this loads of times.. But not asking now.. Coz den dey would say m being incoherent.. Thnx fr these suggestions.. M up for it.. Thumbs up!

:p

Tested already. Its highly uncomfortable to play & has eliminated the sheer visual realism of the previous broadcast cameras...

check my earlier post....
No no. It's not unplayable by any means. The best possible fix for the broadcast cam is to:
1. give the user a hight and zoom parameters to tune up manually as they like.
2. Else a little 10 degree hight and slow zooming in focusing the batsman, should do well.

@Logic 46. I'm so sick of your text-speak. "M" instead of "am". "Den" instead of "then". "Dey" instead of "they". "hve" instead of "have". Don't be such a baby. Speak properly.

@Logic 46. I'm so sick of your text-speak. "M" instead of "am". "Den" instead of "then". "Dey" instead of "they". "hve" instead of "have". Don't be such a baby. Speak properly.
There is a forum rule as well regarding this. I didn't find the link but there is one. If you please, can direct him to that.

It'd be cool if occasionally the AI could misjudge the trajectory of the ball and leave an inswinger that goes on to hit the stumps.

Feels like something that's hard to add in though without breaking the game. Can't have every 3rd dismissal be like that
I have had this: perfectly acceptable leave that dipped in and brushed off stump...

Yeah that's my thinking.

Issue is that if there's a verified way to force the batsman into a mistake it can break the game fairly quick.

If bowling 5 outswingers in a row increases my chance of an inswinger taking a wicket considerably is that a good or bad thing? I actually don't know the answer and there's an argument for both sides.
I think the whole issue is that it has become too easy to hit the spot each time with whatever bowler whereas in fact it is the hardest thing to do; thats why bowlers succeed or fail in a spell; the either hit the right length or they dont. With the bowling mechanics as they are there is too little error room. I would like to see us return to the previous mechanic in that point of release determines length as in real life....

Have a little issue with the stats recordings, if you record best figures in a first class match where you take double digit wickets, it won't show the wickets in the column. Eg in mine I took 13 wickets for 70 runs but it only shows the 70.
2i900zt.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread