Steam update for DBC17 released

I think the whole issue is that it has become too easy to hit the spot each time with whatever bowler whereas in fact it is the hardest thing to do; thats why bowlers succeed or fail in a spell; the either hit the right length or they dont. With the bowling mechanics as they are there is too little error room. I would like to see us return to the previous mechanic in that point of release determines length as in real life....

I suppose they could *possibly* program it in so that the 'Ideal' green bar changes based on the bowling modifier/length chosen so as not to affect the core bowling gameplay from what it already is, then it would work. To replace the length selection completely would be too radical a change.

E.g.
I choose a yorker, an early release would mean a full toss, a late release would be a half volley. Select a good length, early release = half volley, late release = bouncer. The varying degrees of timing would then affect the distance between the selected length and the affected length.

This way, you get variability of length, but also maintain the bulk of the current bowling mechanics...

Clean bowling a batsman seems to be another thing that wasn't broken but probably by accident does seem to be now. I think the lower the batsman's footwork rating the less precise he was/should be in getting into line, resulting in the occasional castling. It's a very fine line though. I guess in a test match it happens once? LBW's though, i should be getting more than one every 300 overs. I'd loved to see it "fixed" today, but maybe it is already there and it is just my bowling.

Clean bowling a batsman seems to be another thing that wasn't broken but probably by accident does seem to be now. I think the lower the batsman's footwork rating the less precise he was/should be in getting into line, resulting in the occasional castling. It's a very fine line though. I guess in a test match it happens once? LBW's though, i should be getting more than one every 300 overs. I'd loved to see it "fixed" today, but maybe it is already there and it is just my bowling.

Think I've noticed the same, clean bowled used to be my primary way of taking wickets, since the patches I've only had one chop on compared to about 20 odd edged catches and 1 lbw.

No no. It's not unplayable by any means. The best possible fix for the broadcast cam is to:
1. give the user a hight and zoom parameters to tune up manually as they like.
2. Else a little 10 degree hight and slow zooming in focusing the batsman, should do well.

True that would be great to have detailed customisation with zoom & height like in FIFA & PES but that may be asking for too much

in my opinion;

Rather than asking them for more of height & zoom customization why not request them to simply add back the previous camera as Broadcast 1 & the revamped one as Broadcast 2 just as we have fielding 1 & fielding 2 etc

I think its totally legit & a reasonable demand which should be of an issue for them to implement....

People will prefer whatever they are comfortable with...since some love this revamped version as well...

Since BA may have already put in the efforts for this revamped camera, they can accommodate it with the previous version & thus that effort won't go waste...
They can then focus on other issues & bugs

Hope they do restore it in todays patch (if they release as they had said) else I & several others here(old broadcast camera lovers) may not be able to play the game with the same amount of enjoyment...

Cheers !

True that would be great to have detailed customisation with zoom & height like in FIFA & PES but that may be asking for too much

in my opinion;

Rather than asking them for more of height & zoom customization why not request them to simply add back the previous camera as Broadcast 1 & the revamped one as Broadcast 2 just as we have fielding 1 & fielding 2 etc

I think its totally legit & a reasonable demand which should be of an issue for them to implement....

People will prefer whatever they are comfortable with...since some love this revamped version as well...

Since BA may have already put in the efforts for this revamped camera, they can accommodate it with the previous version & thus that effort won't go waste...
They can then focus on other issues & bugs

Hope they do restore it in todays patch (if they release as they had said) else I & several others here(old broadcast camera lovers) may not be able to play the game with the same amount of enjoyment...

Cheers !
I hope BA definitely restore old broadcast camera along with new Revamped cam in the upcoming update. Thanks

I'm getting some good results playing around with the attacking ability and defending ability sliders regarding AI approach to an innings. Just thought I would put that out there. Not enough to come to a conclusion, and I am actually playing on the PS4 version until I can get some bowled and LBW action back into the game, but it's really encouraging to have Guptill and Latham scratching around just like they do IRL. Defensive players also don't seem to want to slog the last ball of the over for six. I get the feeling we are very close to the best bowling experience by far seen in a cricket game. It's almost impossible to work from home at the moment when daily updates are being churned out. Put it this way, if you are neglecting your children in East Devon and it goes to court, it's going to take you a while to get your transcript.

I think the whole issue is that it has become too easy to hit the spot each time with whatever bowler whereas in fact it is the hardest thing to do; thats why bowlers succeed or fail in a spell; the either hit the right length or they don't. With the bowling mechanics as they are there is too little error room. I would like to see us return to the previous mechanic in that point of release determines length as in real life....
My memory of the last game is playing with no guides/hud, it made bowling a more difficult and varied. On '17 I just look at the hud, bowl the occasional wide, very rarely no balls. There doesn't feel like there is enough room for error unlike batting.

I think I tried it without the hud but personally I'd still like it to select a delivery.

Not sure you should be able to choose those in career. Doesn't make much sense imo.

Just for options. Take for example a tour of India, you are the touring team and the game decides that what this tour needs is for it to be played in Sydney. Or in India but with green seaming wickets.It should just be an option so those of us that want to have realistic conditions on the right kind of wickets would be a good thing. I don't understand how people can have the mindset of 'less options are a good thing'.

It was better in the original build when game was first released since patch 3 i played 12 odi and got 1 bowled out of 120 wickets so it would be good to have that variety in dismissals instead of every wicket caught

It was better in the original build when game was first released since patch 3 i played 12 odi and got 1 bowled out of 120 wickets so it would be good to have that variety in dismissals instead of every wicket caught

I get loads of bowled in Patch 3, providing I play on Pro. In this new build I can hardly beat the bat on Pro.

Just for options. Take for example a tour of India, you are the touring team and the game decides that what this tour needs is for it to be played in Sydney. Or in India but with green seaming wickets.It should just be an option so those of us that want to have realistic conditions on the right kind of wickets would be a good thing. I don't understand how people can have the mindset of 'less options are a good thing'.
I'm not saying less options are a good thing whatsoever. I'm just saying that, to me, people can and will use it to their advantage. Realistic conditions should already be there for each stadium that's created. You should be able to create a stadium and assign what conditions the pitch can have. Then it can randomise between those conditions each time you play.

I get loads of bowled in Patch 3, providing I play on Pro. In this new build I can hardly beat the bat on Pro.
Ok I was playing on legend and veteran with bowling set to hardest I find its the best diffculty to get competitive AI and even then its not so great when they struggle to make 150

Users who are viewing this thread