Steve Bucknor announces retirement

LOL at this entire thread and what it has turned into.

Look, those guys just want attention. There are literally a billion cricket crazy fans in India, and almost all of them are just, well, normal. There are four guys who go on the street for attention and do all kinds of crap, well let them be. They are not a representation for the rest of us.

Kthxbai.

the 2 are not even comparable. there are far worse soccer fans than English fans, in fact English fans are some of the best soccer fans in the world.

Have to disagree with that. I watched a documentary about the "underworld
" organised crime and violence at the 2006 World Cup, and England played a big part.

On the cricket side, I rate the English the best. They have a good time, sing a few songs to piss of the opposing fans, but thats it!

Have to disagree with that. I watched a documentary about the "underworld
" organised crime and violence at the 2006 World Cup, and England played a big part.

On the cricket side, I rate the English the best. They have a good time, sing a few songs to piss of the opposing fans, but thats it!

but England is one of the few rare countries where you don't see a huge fence separating the fans and the players on the field.
I watched "The Real Football Factories" and the smaller soccer nations in Europe are way worse than England fans.
Also watched one in Brazil and during the filming while the fans from one team were on the bus going to a game a car drove up beside their bus and started shooting.

True, South American supporters are psycho!

I'm interested to know why India has massive fences around their fields. I mean, us Aussie supporters get abused all the time being "drunken lunatics". No fence for us though!:p

Good for Steve

It was high time he retired. He has given many wrong decisions of late. He was a good umpire earlier, though, along with Dickie Bird, David Shepherd

I'm interested to know why India has massive fences around their fields. I mean, us Aussie supporters get abused all the time being "drunken lunatics". No fence for us though!:p
Because we throw stuff. :p

It's probably because we used to run on the field after victories. The nets are for us throwing stuff. :p

The Retirement of Steve B will not matter at all as Ricky pointing will be playing and fullfill his boots :)

I knew that i say that purposely because of his election symbol (a finger pointing upwards in)
test matches? Ganguly?

Fendes are because we don't get any streakers on the field, like we see on every Australian series :p.

Cricinfo - 128 and done

"No, they don't understand," Bucknor says, when asked if the public realised how hard it was to umpire at international level. "What you have most times, you have a few million armchair umpires who know if your decision is correct because they see 10 replays at super-slow motion, from different angles. The umpire sees it from one spot at normal speed. He has to decide there and then.

"Even commentators who think that they know so much about cricket, they are so critical of umpires. Some of them [say], no that is wrong, but this is after they have seen 10 replays. The job is a difficult one, and sometimes made more difficult by the comments from these personalities on television and radio."

"I have made mistakes and this is a part of life," Bucknor said. "How you see things at that time, you rule on it. So I do not regret making mistakes because if I regret making mistakes then I am going to regret being a human being.

It will be nice for him to retire at home and get the respect that he deserves for his contribution to cricket.

You've got to feel for Bucknor, that Sydney situation was a disgrace, threatening to pull out of a tour if an umpire isn't dismissed is just pathetic conduct.

As he said, people always remember the bad decisions and forget the good ones.

You've got to feel for Bucknor, that Sydney situation was a disgrace, threatening to pull out of a tour if an umpire isn't dismissed is just pathetic conduct.

That's the nature. i mean all forget the good ones and just flash the Bad one, we sometimes can ignore the bad decision as Umpires are not machines to speculate accurate hawk eye like, but it had not happened once :rolleyes:

Alright, I'll not add to the Sydney controversy. But one thing aus5892, imagine Australia in the place of India and then think of the whole Sydney thing. I admit, every human makes mistakes- it's only natural that umpires will make mistakes but 11 mistakes in a high-profile test! With 8 of them going against the touring team in very very crucial moments of the match!! I'm not trying to mean anything by this, but really, if an ICC elite panel umpire does this type of umpiring then he should better retire.

Users who are viewing this thread