Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

Will there be injuries?
It would also be very nice if your individual players stats got better or worse depending on how you play with them (so basically a realtime career).

Will there be injuries?
It would also be very nice if your individual players stats got better or worse depending on how you play with them (so basically a realtime career).

Yes, there will be injuries that will carry over during tour matches. Stats will be tracked, such as highest score, runs scored, wickets taken etc etc but i'm not sure the 'abilities' stats will change (such as strength, batting skills etc) - haven't yet decided whether to make them change based on how well or poorly you do or to let people just manually edit them with the player editor.

legend_master added 0 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

I have a suggestion:

When selecting a line-up, comparing players using a list of numerical attributes can take a long time, and overall ratings sometimes don't paint the full picture of how good a player is, sometimes a player with a lower overall rating would be a better choice.

What i'm suggesting is that the skills can be viewed as a hexagon as shown here (from PES5):
pes5skills.jpg

The 6 points show;
ATT = Attacking positioning
DEF = Defensive positioning
TEC = Technical ability
SPD = Speed and accelleration
POW = Strength and balance
STA = Stamina

This could be changed so that the points are relevant to cricket, for example; batting technique, bowling technique, fielding ability, mental ability and stamina.
Maybe there could also be individual ones for batting and bowling as well.

I think it's a good way of seeing what type of a player someone is and makes comparing players easier - for example if there were two players with similar batting skills, for a test match you would be more likely to select players with high mental attributes and stamina but maybe go for the better fielder in T20, the hexagon would make it easier to view these things.

Just a suggestion, I like this feature in PES and I think it would work well in other games :).

Interesting suggestion, will bear this in mind

Sorry but I don't want to read 125 pages but my favourite thing of any cricket game which has only ever been in Cricket 2002 was the All Time teams.

All Time Australia, England, India, Pakistan, West Indies and an All Time 11 would be great.

Sorry but I don't want to read 125 pages but my favourite thing of any cricket game which has only ever been in Cricket 2002 was the All Time teams.

All Time Australia, England, India, Pakistan, West Indies and an All Time 11 would be great.

Maybe even the option to unlock them would be great.

i've heard that we will be able to add new teams into this game quite easily, so even if they aren't in the initial release, somebody will make these teams and post them in the TAOC downloads forum

Will there be injuries?

Ya i think it a great idea,would love to see that in the game.

There's gonna be about a million teams to download. Can't wait for Aussie Domestic and also a few special teams.

It's definitely possible :).

With the roster/stats editor (already available in this post), you can make an infinite amount of teams :).
Currently i'm doing England 2005 and then i'm going to move onto Australia 2005 with all stats/ages etc correct as of 20 July 2005 (day before the 1st Ashes test) so we can play that series again :).

To make any new teams, you would just need to make a copy of one of the original teams, change the name and then start editing :).
I'm sure that nearer release and definitely after release loads of people will get involved and we will have all sorts of different teams - current and past.

That sounds great.

To add to that, what will the situation be in regards to commentary? I've searched a few threads and haven't seen it pop up, if you do have commentary is it possible to have hundreds of different first and last name sounds and then match a first name with a last name? Tom and Smith, Matthew and Hayden, Mohammad and Ali etc...?

There's gonna be about a million teams to download. Can't wait for Aussie Domestic and also a few special teams.

This is one of the coolest things i think TAOC will have and one i am most proud to admit to. The goal is to have theoretically 'unlimited' players, teams, competitions etc.

You'd I suppose have to release some kind of commentary thing so we can make our own commentary for patches?

Lets all just hope that the game lives up to the hype which I have confidence it will. I also hope that the graphics are decent as well.

Users who are viewing this thread