Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

What about bowling marker moving rapidly and randomly through the pitch.According to the attributes of the bowler this rapid and random movement can become faster or slower.So better bowlers have better control,but at the same time even a mcgrath type bowler not able to put the ball surely on the same spot every ball. This also add the luck factor to the game, ie a part time bowler can luckily end up bowling a perfect bowl or good bowler can end up bowling a bad bowl just like M.Johnson.This will also bring wides in to the game when the player is bowling.

I think if efficiently implemented this will reduce every bowl being a yorker/bouncer/perfect ball situation.I think it can also combine with AC09 idea of perfect bowl,good bowl,bad bowl,worse ball.Think about it.

If this is so hard for casual gamers we can put it in the game only for the Hard mode.I think this will also make online play interesting.:)

I have an idea!

How about you choose where to put the marker right, just like when you bowl in real life you think, I'm going to bowl full outside off, or anything really. So you put you marker where you want. But now, depending on the accuracy of the bowler (less accuracy will have bigger marker/circle/shape, very accurate will have a small circle) there is a dot inside the circle the is randomly moving around in it and when you press a button it stops where it was inside the circle, is where the ball will pitch. This would make the accuracy of the bowler more important and be very similar to the real life counter parts. Glenn McGrath = small circle, Shaun tait = big circle. Also the size of the circle can change during a match depending on confidence. So Shaun Tait might have got two wickets so his circle is considerably smaller than it was, but if he is getting tonked around it will be very large and you may have to take him out of the bowling attack.

Also when you are batting maybe you can only see where they are looking to bowl it but not the other dot, so it might be full and outside off but it could be much closer than you expect and you will have to react accordingly.

Just an idea, what do you think?

It'd be great to have a toggle option for the bowling marker when batting to either turn it off or on. To make the game that much Harder for those 'hardcore' cricket fans.

Or how about you chose your line, and then you press a button when you want to let go of the ball, early would be fuller and late would be short. The thickness of the line would relate to how accurate the bowler was. Don''t see how no balls would fit in though.

I have somethings in my mind:

A play 'n' miss in batting- both for CPU and user.

(In Codemasters' cricket it is not there because of almost for every ball position, there will be a shot and the timing window is very big. So ball will hit anytime near. But in EA cricket the limited number of shots make that present.) Ideal condition is between these two.

Realistic swing bowling.

The ball mustn't pitch at the marker for swing deliveries. It must vary according to the conditions. So when we ball the first ball, we won't be sure about the swing amount. So the first over will be 50-50 chances for both teams. And later, from the variation we've seen, we can come back in the next overs.

Auto-NOBALL bowling system

In EA 07, even if we don't press the button for the second time, it won't be a no-ball.
I'm thinking is that, put this as it is for spin/slow/medium bowlers. Fast bowlers has to press it second time else it will be no-ball

Make fielding auto/semi auto

In semi-auto, Misfielding when a button is not pressed,For eg: we have to press up/down button at the correct time to take the ball and throw, End at which we throw is decided by the button we pressed - up/down. If we don't press or mistimed press will create a misfield. Same for catches.

Running system

Make batsman run-able at anytime, for a no-ball bowled, ball hit batsman, lbw appeal etc.

That's all I am thinking of now...

Please do not spoof unlicensed things. just change them to sumthin similar

ShitMan added 1 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Try to make edges of models smooth. perhaps thats impossible but still give a try

Regarding the bowling:

I've written some posts in the past pushing for a different and more enjoyable bowling system as all current ones based on the "circle marker" are pants...to put it lightly.

I've always maintained that the bowling should be just like batting in a computer game ...a matter of timing.

I think that bowling should be a case of stopping a meter filling at certain point (a bit like the speed meter in EA cricket games) but instead of one you have three.

Fist: select ball..inswing, googly etc.

Bar one would be "line" ( a horizontal bar that would fill..or a marker that would track along and you stop it whenever. To the left would be down the leg side, in the centre would be straight..etc).

Bar two would be length..same as above but vertical..low would be short etc/

Thrid bar would be pace...

All this could be done during the bowler's run up.

The speed that the bars fill at or the size or the "good zone" could change for each bowler depending on stats..maybe some would tend to bowl short. more of their length bar would be dedicated to short making it harder to hit the fullest length.

Tired bowlers would have bars that fill more erratically forcingyou to take them off.

I don't know how implementable this all is but please, NOT THE CIRCLE MARKER AGAIN!! ;)

Yusuf

will each player have his individual equipment,

e.g.

pietersen, masuri helmet, adidas gloves and pads.
strauss, gn helmet, gn gloves and pads

not sure if this is in AC09, it's not in C07, but it would be nice to see, it would add even more realism.

not in the release.....but since its definitely editable.....
PC members will take care of it ! ;)

but will each player have individual equipment, as you have said, the initial release will just have default equipment, but when PC edits it, will the whole team have the same pads, or will each player have his own.

also, what about Women's cricket. Will there be a different player model.

but will each player have individual equipment, as you have said, the initial release will just have default equipment, but when PC edits it, will the whole team have the same pads, or will each player have his own.

also, what about Women's cricket. Will there be a different player model.

as of now, we have only one pad / one equipment per se but since its not a
priority we havent given it much thought....

lol women's cricket ? lets nail the men's cricket first ! :p

Before I read yusuf ms post i was going to make a similar suggestion. The dot thing is all well and good but for something new i suggest, implementing a system whereby timing of the lines is needed. So at some point during or prior to the run up a horizontal line for length goes up and down the wicket and you stop it depending on what you want your length to be, and then a vertical line goes across the wicket back and forth and so you stop it depending on where you want your line to be and so you could bowl boncers top of off etc. but the speed of the lines are dependent on abiltiy and confidence, so mcgraths lines would move at a slowish speed (not too slow, so its still exciting) to make it reasonably easy for you to control the areas. But when a bowler has low confidence the speed of the lines improve greatly and so the line and lenght is a lot harder to control.. E.g. mitchell johnson's lines were easy to control then he got some tap and as his conifdence went down the speed of the lines were a lot harder to control resulting in erratic bowling. Only when the player recomposes themselves and start timing the lines better then they will begin to slow down resulting in improved confidence and accurate bowling

Secondly for swing bowling i was just wondering. Say you decide to bowl an inswinging/awayswinging delivery and the marker appears on off stump will the ball pitch there. If it does then surely that takes away the purpose of swingin the ball as the batsman knows where it'll end up. If the marker appears on off stump, and you select an inswinginger the batsman should surely play (assumign it does swing) off the middle stump. This would be alot more interesting to me a nd present more of a challenge as you would have to take account of how much swing there will be when batting. As you cannot always be 100% correct there could be a system that will let the batsman know roughly the amount of swing on the ball.I know EA had it the way i first mentioned and i always thought that it took away the point fo swinging the ball...Hope that makes sense

swing

hmmm....not a big fan of the horizontal and vertical thing..

but your swing suggestion is excellent ! will definitely implement it that way ! :)

Users who are viewing this thread