Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

Sorry you are not allowed to talk in txt speak here.

Most if not all proper kit will be in the game.

1) will there be highlights at the end of the innings/match and if so what kind?

2) i don't know if this is actually possible, but what about a short video presentation before and after the match e.g imaginary analysts introducing a match, "Thanks for tuning in. This is Australia v India, it should be a cracker!"

or

"South Africa have won this comfortably, a brilliant all - round display"

it would be so cool if you could actually see analysts in a little room even if only for a few seconds. i know this is probably impossible but a guy can dream.

anyhoo, keep up the good work everyone

Last edited:
manee said:
Sorry you are not allowed to talk in txt speak here.

manee are you using text language:p and i would like to see things like records randomly appear and averages.

and good overall highlights

another suggestion LM, with injury to the players - they should also be able to happen in real time like in pro evolution soccer, where a player may pull up with a hamstring ala michael vaughan :noway obviously this will be totally random depending on injury proneness like simon jones and vaughany will have a high rating for these sort of injurys like hammys and side strains, knees, back etc..... ;)
or a kevin pieterson type injury can occur :noway (impact injury). It would add a lot to the expierience of playing a tour, and also make you think a bit more about trying to get down on one knee and sweep brett lee obviously if you miss and get smashed theres a chance you get hurt ;) obviously this should be quite random too although if you try sweeping everything and keep getting cracked in the head/ribs by brett lee then there should be more chance you get hurt. but i think probably this should be more random than user defined - with some sort of rng that makes it happen very in-frequently so you dont get retired hurts every game, but i think it should be there.

also even for non retired hurts, it would be nice to hear good sounds and see good expressions after someone gets a corker in the ribs :boxing

hope you consider these LM

:cheers keep up the great work, and its great to see more life back in the taoc forum :)

This is kind of what you said Cricketer112. Injuries should happen DURING the game as well. I hated it in Cricket 2004 when it said "Player X is suffering from so and so". Injuries should happen during the game and at training (if you are playing a tour or series etc.) as well.

EDIT: What about seeing players take off there helmets to get some fresh air and wipe there forhead? Or adjust there helmets a little - maybe not putting the spitting part in there :D but the taking off of the helmet is quite common these days.

Last edited:
I Have just read soem great ideas there! if this came has those ideads this game will be bigger than EA sports!

you dont ask much do ya dmckenna :) one question... if you have proper brands in the game eg. Adidas or Nike... couldnt they sue you if you put the game up for sale and not as freeware? since you dont own there licenses it would be illegal for you to make money off there brand? im not sure about this tho.

Yes, it would be illegal to charge for the game if we do not have a license from the companies we put into the game. With freeware, it is not because money is not being made out of someone else's brand.

Another suggestion.

What about runners? If someone gets hurt like an hamstring injury the batsmen can call for a runner and the player (us) can choose who to send out.

*eagerly awaits a rough demo so we can all have a chop* i think runners is a great idea... it probably wont be used often but its adds a lot of depth

LM, will there be a pitch report and will the same pitches behave differently e.g a hard pitch in australia will bounce a lot more than a hard pitch in India and a flat pitch in Pakistan will spin alot more than a flat pitch in England.

Another, yes, ANOTHER question. Will bowlers bowl from both sides of the wicket. One thing that is noticeable in EA is that the bowlers stay on one side of the wicket and very rarely alternate.

I am sure these questions have been asked and answered many times, so i apologise in advance

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread