Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

legend_master said:
LMAO

yeah, i want to make injuries a part of this game...including short term and long term ones. Just to give a little insight, i have collision zones all over the player bodies so different 'injury zones' will come into effect - e.g. if you get hit in the head then it is a different kind of injury than being hit in the body or arm, in that it will have an impact on different areas of play - a head hit may effect confidence and focus, while a hit on the body may effect stamina and dexterity etc.

If the injury is particularly bad then the player might be out for several matches or more. There will also be 'pre-match' injuries in career mode...

LM

all sounds beautiful LM, got to admire the pure depth of this game - everything you implement seems to have been thought of perfectly and implemented in a logical way. :cheers

cricketer112 said:
all sounds beautiful LM, got to admire the pure depth of this game - everything you implement seems to have been thought of perfectly and implemented in a logical way. :cheers

thanks, mate

maybe there should be a flamingo instead of a duck walking across the screen everytime KP gets out for 0
wiil there be a highlights package after every game involving bat and ball highlights
then again, if you are able to save your favourite highlights, you could put them together to form a highlights package

legend_master said:
LMAO

yeah, i want to make injuries a part of this game...including short term and long term ones. Just to give a little insight, i have collision zones all over the player bodies so different 'injury zones' will come into effect - e.g. if you get hit in the head then it is a different kind of injury than being hit in the body or arm, in that it will have an impact on different areas of play - a head hit may effect confidence and focus, while a hit on the body may effect stamina and dexterity etc.

If the injury is particularly bad then the player might be out for several matches or more. There will also be 'pre-match' injuries in career mode...

LM

I glad you won't be able to get a broken leg if the ball hits your arm.

Your doing great work LM. You really are a master :)

LM, i know i'm starting to turn into this annoying person who just asks question after question after question after question...ahem....so i apologise.....will the fielders dive around more to stop the ball or try to stop the ball as i feel these litttle details make the game look so much better. wouldn't we prefer more fielders to act like andrew symonds rather than inzaman-ul-haq?

Will_NA said:
LM, i know i'm starting to turn into this annoying person who just asks question after question after question after question...ahem....so i apologise.....will the fielders dive around more to stop the ball or try to stop the ball as i feel these litttle details make the game look so much better. wouldn't we prefer more fielders to act like andrew symonds rather than inzaman-ul-haq?
I would prefer Symonds fiekls like Symonds and Inzaman fields like Inzaman, and I would imagine that with the work that goes into stats, you won't see people doing stuff beyond their abilities, and that's the way it should be.

And a suggestion from me, with the game expected to be rather large in size, is there any chance that there could be a version of it released with just the game and generic teams, and maybe a small amount of commentary and crowd sounds, so you would put the game on a USB drive and play it at school or work?

Last edited:
fair point, so my real question is will andrew symonds dive around like andrew symonds?

whitehornmatt said:
I would prefer Symonds fiekls like Symonds and Inzaman fields like Inzaman, and I would imagine that with the work that goes into stats, you won't see people doing stuff beyond their abilities, and that's the way it should be.

And a suggestion from me, with the game expected to be rather large in size, is there any chance that there could be a version of it released with just the game and generic teams, and maybe a small amount of commentary and crowd sounds, so you would put the game on a USB drive and play it at school or work?

stats will determine how well fielders can field (if on auto fielding mode) but i have made quite a lot of animations for fielders which i am quite proud of (diving around and stopping the ball etc)

yeah, that's a good idea - i can release a 'lite' version with just one stadium, 2 teams or something, just the basics to get a game going...

the other thing i want to implement, maybe should be a follow-up add-on or new release not sure, but i would like to do an amateur cricket mode...like local club cricket games in the local park etc. could be really cool...

i'd also like to do a version of street/backyard cricket ;) where the ball would bounce like a tennis ball ;) could be really fun...but anyway they are all to come later - after the main TAOC intl version is released

you just work non - stop

after the main TAOC game is made, sit back, relax and marvel in your glorious work before thinking of doing anything else

legend_master said:
yeah, that's a good idea - i can release a 'lite' version with just one stadium, 2 teams or something, just the basics to get a game going...

the other thing i want to implement, maybe should be a follow-up add-on or new release not sure, but i would like to do an amateur cricket mode...like local club cricket games in the local park etc. could be really cool...

i'd also like to do a version of street/backyard cricket ;) where the ball would bounce like a tennis ball ;) could be really fun...but anyway they are all to come later - after the main TAOC intl version is released

got to admire the ambition to make this game even bigger, most people would stop at the standard international version :cheers

one question - will duckworth lewis method be implemented?

i wonder if maths even comes into it sometimes with the d/l it can be very confusing.

but if you havent implemented it yet mate - i would be happy to have a look at it when i get some spare time, im handy at number crunching, i spend a lot of time on excel crunching numbers with my job :brickwall

if you need any help i could find out exactly how it works and put the concepts into equations for you. :cheers

there should be a corridor outside off - stump where the ball moves around. seam movement is too random in EA

You are coming up with so many ideas, take it from me, pace yourself :D.

Just kidding, that last one is top.

Users who are viewing this thread