Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

lol

has anyone noticed how everything we are asking for in this game is everything EA and (to an extent) BLIC don't have?

Last edited:
just wondering if there would ever be such a feature in the game after maybe like 5 years of studying that we can have 22 players play at a time. each player is responsible for one player of the team and has to bat if they are a batsmen and ball if they are a bowler and obviously field. you can put 16 people in your clan/team/squad and play people around the world. i dont wanna go in anymore detail but im sure you get the point.

cricketer112 said:
i wonder if maths even comes into it sometimes with the d/l it can be very confusing.

but if you havent implemented it yet mate - i would be happy to have a look at it when i get some spare time, im handy at number crunching, i spend a lot of time on excel crunching numbers with my job :brickwall

if you need any help i could find out exactly how it works and put the concepts into equations for you. :cheers

that'd be great if you could find me the algorithm...i haven't looked for it yet but it's got to be around i guess ;)

holmie said:
just wondering if there would ever be such a feature in the game after maybe like 5 years of studying that we can have 22 players play at a time. each player is responsible for one player of the team and has to bat if they are a batsmen and ball if they are a bowler and obviously field. you can put 16 people in your clan/team/squad and play people around the world. i dont wanna go in anymore detail but im sure you get the point.

Believe it or not, but this was actually something i was considering for a furture release ;) An MMO cricket game. Some obvious pitfalls to consider but definately would be awesome.

just wondering will accsesories like skins and wrist bands be included in this game? say Newzealand - white australia dark green or yellow west indies black... so forth :cheers

in the vid, i noticed how the delivery option was implemented (which i think was a brilliant idea)

will this be the same for the cpu? will you be able to have a brief glimpse of what the cpu is about to bowl e.g

when a leg spinner is bowling, you quickly see the pic of a leg spinning delivery before he begins his run (or coupla steps)? i feel this would make facing spinners more of a challenge as you must concentrate more instead of seeing an arrow like this:

<----------

Will_NA said:
in the vid, i noticed how the delivery option was implemented (which i think was a brilliant idea)

will this be the same for the cpu? will you be able to have a brief glimpse of what the cpu is about to bowl e.g

when a leg spinner is bowling, you quickly see the pic of a leg spinning delivery before he begins his run (or coupla steps)? i feel this would make facing spinners more of a challenge as you must concentrate more instead of seeing an arrow like this:

<----------

Well, you wont see that when the cpu bowls. What will happen is that (with the option to change to suit) the batsmen have stats for reading the ball, which is realised through an indication arrow that pops up just as the bowler lets go. This arrow is what the batsman thinks the ball is going to do, based on his best judgement. Obviously better batsmen have better ability to do this and hence are more trustworthy. e.g. if Ponting thinks its going to be an inswinger or a leg break, then you can be pretty darn confident that he'll be correct (tho he could still get it wrong sometimes as no-one will have 100% stats), whereas someone like Bracken would be less trustworthy, meaning you could play a shot based on whathe thinks it is going to do but could be totally wrong. The option will be there to turn this feature off altogether, or to have it always be the correct guess. The default option tho will be to use batsmen stats

fanstastique mon copain, tres bien

apart from this stats option, will there be some kind of clue as to what the bowler might bowl i.e. a slight change in action.

i hope i haven't just asked you the same question in different wording, if i have, sorry

Will_NA said:
fanstastique mon copain, tres bien

apart from this stats option, will there be some kind of clue as to what the bowler might bowl i.e. a slight change in action.

i hope i haven't just asked you the same question in different wording, if i have, sorry

no other clue, but you will get a glimpse of course of where the ball may land (the general area) - the length of time of this glimpse to be determined by the batsman's skills

legend_master said:
Well, you wont see that when the cpu bowls. What will happen is that (with the option to change to suit) the batsmen have stats for reading the ball, which is realised through an indication arrow that pops up just as the bowler lets go. This arrow is what the batsman thinks the ball is going to do, based on his best judgement. Obviously better batsmen have better ability to do this and hence are more trustworthy. e.g. if Ponting thinks its going to be an inswinger or a leg break, then you can be pretty darn confident that he'll be correct (tho he could still get it wrong sometimes as no-one will have 100% stats), whereas someone like Bracken would be less trustworthy, meaning you could play a shot based on whathe thinks it is going to do but could be totally wrong. The option will be there to turn this feature off altogether, or to have it always be the correct guess. The default option tho will be to use batsmen stats

LM - This alone will make the game the best Cricket Sim out there. That is an awesome idea!!!!

legend_master said:

cant argue with that - its effing brilliant mate, simply genius, i simply cannot believe this game is happening with all its feature..........., live the dream alright mate...... :cheers

Anyway - i will post you a PM maybe later or in the next few days with some info and algorithms on the d/l mate, it should be easy to implement- its pure mathematics with no variables - its purely about wickets/overs with a percentage of the original 100% (100% being 0-0 after 0 overs) being given for the changing equation - its completely consistent and would work like a dream when its all linked up, ive read up on it a bit already, im probably confusing you now......so ill shut up and post you a PM sometime soon. :cheers

cricketer112 said:
Anyway - i will post you a PM maybe later or in the next few days with some info and algorithms on the d/l mate, it should be easy to implement- its pure mathematics with no variables - its purely about wickets/overs with a percentage of the original 100% (100% being 0-0 after 0 overs) being given for the changing equation - its completely consistent and would work like a dream when its all linked up, ive read up on it a bit already, im probably confusing you now......so ill shut up and post you a PM sometime soon. :cheers

was that supposed to make it easier to understand, i'm more confused than i was yesterday, lol, only jokin :p

cricketer112 said:
cant argue with that - its effing brilliant mate, simply genius, i simply cannot believe this game is happening with all its feature..........., live the dream alright mate...... :cheers

cool, thanks

I know I don't really put a lot of ideas forward :p BUT.....

1) - Will drift be a part of a spinner's artillery? (only the best bowlers)

2) - Will the bowling marker be more erratic for the less talented bowlers, making it harder to bowl good deliveries, giving away more bad deliveries, which the cpu take advantage of, causing a better run - rate in both tests and one - dayers?.....(and breathe)

3) - In EA, when the cpu (rarely) run down the wicket, they always hit it along the floor, will the cpu, in this game try and smash it for 6 occassionally?

Still awake? 4) - In EA (notice how i always begin a complaint like this?), spin is completely null and void, you could hit a good length, leg - spinning delivery for 6 over mid wicket without risk of a top edge, will facing spin be more of a challenge in this game?

Last edited:
helloooo, i know, i know, i'm sorry, i don't shut up but if i don't offload my ideas, my head may explode :eek:

wot about adding a fake tv station in the top of the screen to add realism e.g. LMtv, TAOtv

Users who are viewing this thread